OT: Hurricanes Lounge XXIII: Let's Go Bowling edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Sauntered on over to the main trade board....and took a gander at the Jimmy Vesey thread. Just a hot mess of Preds, Leafs, and Bruins fans belching sulfurous diatribes at one another, the league, and the NCAA. Good clean fun on a sick day.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Like I said, it would be awesome if Nashville won the cup this year and then Vesey signed with somewhere like Florida, Tampa, Carolina, etc... Heads would explode.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I'm actually just about to go into an interview myself as part 3 of the application process. Hoping it goes well!

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Starting the long drive to Calgary tomorrow morning. We just finished another massive job for the same client here and landed two more which will both run at the same time. Probably be there 5-6 months.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I just realized that I was so focused on my interview that I forgot to say congrats! Sorry, Joseph! I'm so happy for you!

My interview went okay, I guess. Got caught in my nerves a bit and didn't answer everything as well as I could have. But I did email her back and provide clarification to a few points where I found my answer especially lacking, so hopefully that helps. I should hear back about whether I get another interview either tomorrow or Monday.

I also wanted to say thank you to Bub for the same piece of advice that Joseph did. I made sure to write down four or five questions to ask that pulled her into the phone interview at the end rather than just letting it end like a routine thing. Seemed to help!

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Starting the long drive to Calgary tomorrow morning. We just finished another massive job for the same client here and landed two more which will both run at the same time. Probably be there 5-6 months.

At least one get together for a beer and wings or some such is a must then. I know that I narrowly missed you last time :)

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
For sure man :)

I'm staying in Airdrie. Not really sure how far out of Calgary it is. Haven't really had time to figure anything out yet. Just starting packing right now actually :laugh:

Airdrie is about 15 mins north of the airport, and I live 15 minutes from the airport and like a block from Deerfoot trail (Calgary's main artery)

Several bars//pubs//restaurants just off the first exit (64th ave) if you're driving south into Calgary from Airdrie.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
I just realized that I was so focused on my interview that I forgot to say congrats! Sorry, Joseph! I'm so happy for you!

My interview went okay, I guess. Got caught in my nerves a bit and didn't answer everything as well as I could have. But I did email her back and provide clarification to a few points where I found my answer especially lacking, so hopefully that helps. I should hear back about whether I get another interview either tomorrow or Monday.

I also wanted to say thank you to Bub for the same piece of advice that Joseph did. I made sure to write down four or five questions to ask that pulled her into the phone interview at the end rather than just letting it end like a routine thing. Seemed to help!

Good luck, man. I hope it works out for you.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I live like literally four blocks from my local grocery store and in an effort to be healthier, I often walk instead of drive to it. So I often listen to music with head phones when I go during the day.

But is it weird, that I get paranoid as **** when going at nite and refuse to use headphones?

I am certainly not afraid of the dark, but I get very trepidatious using headphones at nite.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
I live like literally four blocks from my local grocery store and in an effort to be healthier, I often walk instead of drive to it. So I often listen to music with head phones when I go during the day.

But is it weird, that I get paranoid as **** when going at nite and refuse to use headphones?

I am certainly not afraid of the dark, but I get very trepidatious using headphones at nite.

I can't even wear headphones while walking during the day. I don't like not being able to hear my surroundings.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012

I walked to the grocery store this evening and bought a bucket of 18 chicken wings and and a 6-pack of beer, then I walked back home and ate/drank it all. Good thing I walked or that would seem unhealthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad