OT: Hurricanes Lounge XXII: Wisdom Teeth Removal edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Am I the only person that gets annoyed when answering the phone at work and the person on the other end responds with "how's it going"? Yeah, 99 times out of 100 you don't know me, I don't know you, and you REALLY don't want to know the answer to that question.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
oh god yes, especially when you answer with the name of the ****ing company in the initial answer of the call.

Last edited:

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
see i expect that when i get calls

worse is when i get IMs on the internal IM client and people ask the same question

the need for formalities should be eliminated in that format idgi

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
the best is when you answer the phone at work and the person on the other end says: "Who's this?"

Had this happen to me about a year ago. My mother left her cell phone at her house so I was expecting a call from her at the service station wanting me to pick her up and take her home.

So my phone buzzes right about the time I was expecting her to call me, I answer with a "Hello". Turns out it's some random guy who asks in a demanding-like voice, "Who is this?" When I asked him the same ?, he got offended and told me how much of an ******* I was for "counter-asking". Before hanging up he told me to "grow up and show some respect". :laugh:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
You guys ever have the Indian guy that calls telling you he's from Microsoft support and that your computer has a problem and if he doesn't fix it immediately, you'll be disconnected from the Microsoft server?

Usually, I just hang up on these, but every now and then I like to mess with them. One time, a guy actually called me back 3 times telling me I was a fool and that I was about to be disconnected from the internet. :laugh:

Another time, I acted like a novice and the guy spent a good 15 minutes trying to tell me how to give him access. I then said "I'm not following what you are saying, but what is this Ubuntu thing that's on my computer", to which he promptly hung up.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
You guys ever have the Indian guy that calls telling you he's from Microsoft support and that your computer has a problem and if he doesn't fix it immediately, you'll be disconnected from the Microsoft server?

Usually, I just hang up on these, but every now and then I like to mess with them. One time, a guy actually called me back 3 times telling me I was a fool and that I was about to be disconnected from the internet. :laugh:

Another time, I acted like a novice and the guy spent a good 15 minutes trying to tell me how to give him access. I then said "I'm not following what you are saying, but what is this Ubuntu thing that's on my computer", to which he promptly hung up.

No, not yet anyway, but I did get this not too long ago....

So who else received a call from "Steve Martin" on behalf of the US Treasury calling about a "serious offense"? LOL if I could find a pay phone I would call the number back and tell him that he has really fallen off a cliff if he's going from SNL and acting to scamming random people.

Actually what I think I would really do is refer him to my tax accountant whose number is 1-800-****-you.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
My family just got a call from the "IRS" telling us we were being audited. Too bad we have three CPAs in the family...

IRS-WWE.jpeg

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So I just read the theory that Jar Jar was actually a Sith Lord, and it actually made sense and was supported with evidence.

I don't know how to feel about this.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
So I just read the theory that Jar Jar was actually a Sith Lord, and it actually made sense and was supported with evidence.

I don't know how to feel about this.

the proper feeling is the one where you hear lady gaga layered over top of behemoth and realize that it is actually amazing:

no, seriously, i hate pop music and i listen to this quite regularly :laugh:

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
i am married. it is p good but doesn't feel like anything has changed. curacao was fun except for when the plane got hit by lightning and the part where i got yelled at in dutch

i also have had no interaction with the hockey world since at least the 18th. it looks like we still pretty much suck?

Last edited:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
i am married. it is p good but doesn't feel like anything has changed. curacao was fun except for when the plane got hit by lightning and the part where i got yelled at in dutch

i also have had no interaction with the hockey world since at least the 18th. it looks like we still pretty much suck?

Prettymuch, I'm also still fighting through this injury and am 50-50 about being able to play in the next couple weeks as a result.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

Grats bro. Please enjoy this gift

o-WEDDING-GIFT-facebook.jpg

PS. I don't know what's in the box, could just be an empty box for all I know, but it looks weddingly and ****.

Finnish Jerk Train

Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Last edited:

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
:naughty:

Edit: Her brother gave us Fitbits as a wedding gift. Are they like... useful and stuff? Or is it basically a fancy pedometer?

Yes, and yes....if you buy into the app use, then they can be really cool. I lost 20 lbs in 3 months, then lost my Fitbit only to put 15 lbs back on.... but once you start counting steps and tracking what you eat, it is very cool.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
:naughty:

Edit: Her brother gave us Fitbits as a wedding gift. Are they like... useful and stuff? Or is it basically a fancy pedometer?

It is just a fancy pedometer, but I got one for free and I do like it. It's not always accurate (I find it underestimates when I run or do something like an elliptical using the hand / arm cross trainers or whatever you call those things), but I find it is fairly accurate with just walking. GPS trackers are usually more accurate, but struggle when you are somewhere like Umstead and the signal isn't great and that's where the fitbit is good. Plus, it's "always on" vs. GPS trackers aren't.

I pair and link it with the My Fitness Pal app. which is great for overall fitness and nutrition.

Finnish Jerk Train

Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Interesting. Sounds like a cool toy, just not sure how much I'd actually end up using it. I'm debating posting it on eBay since he didn't give us gift receipts and I don't see her ever using hers. She actually got one last year and took it back. Maybe we'll sell hers and keep mine to play with.

Also, speaking of gadgetry, I decided to spring for a Cyber Monday deal on a Galaxy Tab S2. I've been borrowing my girlfriend's fiancee's wife's iPad for a while, but every time I did, I just wished I was back in Android land. The choice was pretty easy since nobody else is making a serious Android tablet right now. Managed to swing this one for almost 40% off.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Interesting. Sounds like a cool toy, just not sure how much I'd actually end up using it. I'm debating posting it on eBay since he didn't give us gift receipts and I don't see Mrs. TankStrappe ever using hers. She actually got one last year and took it back. Maybe we'll sell hers and keep mine to play with.

Yeah, if you have no real desire to use it, I'd say sell it on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad