OT: Hurricanes Lounge XXII: Wisdom Teeth Removal edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Don't you have an IRL chemistry job?

my job personally? not really, i have ended up on the business side of things. i work in materials management as an analyst.

the science and engineering behind everything we do is basically biochemistry though, so having that background is beneficial even on the business side of things. some people i work with have to learn all that stuff on the job while i did most of it in school (such as running a chromatography column and how the bioreactors work and such)

also a lot of my friends from school were also in chem e or biomanufacturing and work here on the technical development side of the company so i stay fresh on a lot of the chemistry and biology problems they deal with since it interests me

Last edited:

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Are you as excited as I am that they might find Element 120 in Dubna? Chem was always a distant third for me behind maths and physics, but it still interests the hell out of me.

meh, that wont be terribly relevant to biochem or organic so not really

stuff at the high end of the periodic table may as well not even exist as far as i am concerned

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
meh, that wont be terribly relevant to biochem or organic so not really

stuff at the high end of the periodic table may as well not even exist as far as i am concerned

Fair enough, but it is still new material and the cool thing about Unbinilium is that it technically shouldn't even exist according to the current periodic table. I get that you're into organic, so most likely your two favorite elements are Carbon and Hydrogen, but just the thought of people finding new matter excites me.

I forget the exact quote, but I remember Glenn Seaborg said something along the lines of he'd rather have an element named after him (which he did, while he was still alive, which is pretty cool) than win a Nobel Prize.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
OMG, I *need * to own this :laugh:

thumb.aspx

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
apparently the driver of the car they were in got shot multiple times while he was trying to shield some kids. he's in life threatening condition, but i hope he pulls through. what a hero.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Buying a Christmas present for a very private person is an impossibility. Every response to every question is "I don't know" or "Don't worry about it."

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
It's my younger brother. Sibling instinct prevents me from giving him money, even as a gift.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
It's my younger brother. Sibling instinct prevents me from giving him money, even as a gift.

How much younger? Like is he in College yet? My mom is like the most hardcore Christmas person ever and starts bugging me in like October about what I want and I'm kinda like your brother in that I never know, so my fallback for anyone who doesn't know what I want themselves, is to get me ECU stuff. Last year mom and dad got me this pretty sweet spread:

10882374_10152861333425709_5130651592038502551_n.jpg

Maybe you could do something similar?

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I'm leaning toward getting him some T-shirts from some cartoons that I know he likes, but he's one of those people that's really self-conscious, and I know that even if he likes the cartoon and likes the T-shirt, he won't wear it in public for fear of being judged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad