OT: Hurricanes Lounge XXI: Cinco de Mayo edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
One can hope.

She doesn't exactly have expensive tastes, so I don't think she will. She does have one pair of diamond earrings (that I know about, anyway) that she wears a lot, but she inherited them from her mom, so that's different. She also gave me specific instructions to stay under 1 carat. I think she's pretty practical-minded, but still wants to be like most women and wear a diamond rather than some alternative stone.

I bought a little over 1 carat for my wife, the engagement was 1/2, the wedding band was 3/4 I think.

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
There's an editorial in the N&O today ripping Chipotle. I bet that pisses them off given the timing.
:yo:

Chipotle sucks and is massively overrated. Moe's 4 lyfe.

i have four cats, who are more than happy with clean litter, food, a mixing bowl of tepid water and the occasional can of sardines. who needs women? am i rite or what?
You don't need women since it appears you're already drowning in...........

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I love his channel. I deal with idiot drivers daily and half of them have SC plates.

As much as I rag on drivers in Charlotte being total idiots, I think I have it easy compared to the idiots from Columbia, and sometimes Charleston that make up HaloMasterminds weekly videos. How people can be so oblivious is quite scary.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I love his channel. I deal with idiot drivers daily and half of them have SC plates.

As much as I rag on drivers in Charlotte being total idiots, I think I have it easy compared to the idiots from Columbia, and sometimes Charleston that make up HaloMasterminds weekly videos. How people can be so oblivious is quite scary.

Nothing finer.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Speaking of idiot drivers, today I was making a left turn onto Falls. As I often do, I got into the center lane once the left side opened up, stopped, then proceeded into the left lane once it was clear, all the while looking to make sure nobody in the right lane was trying to take that spot at the last second.

Apparently this was not acceptable to a lady in the right lane who was a few carlengths back. She pulled alongside me and honked, presumably because I got in the same spot she wanted to use to pass the guy in front of her (I could see her in my mirror as I was merging; she was fully in the right lane the entire time and was never signalling). But the funny part was it looked like she was honking at the other guy for doing 45 in the right lane of a 45. So once she finally got around, we came up to a red light. He caught her looking down and honked at her once it turned green. She raised her hand in disgust and sped off.

It's relatively mild, but that's today's example of things that make me want to get a dash cam.

Last edited:

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I live in North Raleigh, work downtown, and my girlfriend lives in Johnston County. Not a day goes by that I don't question the intelligence of someone on the road.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
My favorite response to a road rager is to smile and wave. The Little Rascals style under the chin wave really gets 'em going. On second thought I should probably keep something in my Jeep to protect myself.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
My favorite response to a road rager is to smile and wave. The Little Rascals style under the chin wave really gets 'em going. On second thought I should probably keep something in my Jeep to protect myself.

the best is when someone speeds up to pass you and blows by you, then you pull up beside them at a red lite.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Saw a guy walking done the entrance ramp to Interstate 40 E. from US 54 at the Chapel Hill exit. He was shoeless and shirtless and had on a small backpack....well okay he wasn't exactly shirtless cause he had it on his head. My first thought? He hasn't figured out this hitchhiking thing.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I also use a similar approach to Rayman. Just smile and wave as sincerely as possible. One time, I was waiting to turn right into a parking spot as a car pulled out of it. It was clear that I was there waiting. A lady comes around the corner from the other direction and tries to barrel her way in before I can get into the spot. Since I drive a crappy car, I just went right ahead and pulled in, knowing she wouldn't hit me, and not really caring if she did hit me (as she had a nice car and technically, I had the right of way since I was turning right and she was turning left). I basically acted like she wasn't there and she had to slam on her breaks to keep from hitting me.

She found another spot and I took my time gathering my things as I headed into the store. As I walked in, she came up and started yelling at me, telling me I need to be more careful, I almost hit her, blah, blah, blah.

I just looked at her and said: "I'm having a great day, thanks for asking. I sincerely hope you are having a great day also".

She looked at me in surprise and then just turned and walked away. :laugh:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
It makes my blood boil whenever I'm trying to turn and theres a gap that gets narrower because driver 1 is slow as hell and driver 2 thinks he or she is Jeff Gordon. The gap then goes away and therefore I get to sit another minute for the next one to form.

Turning left on a busy road w/ no traffic light also sucks, so much so that I rarely do it anymore.

Saw a guy walking done the entrance ramp to Interstate 40 E. from US 54 at the Chapel Hill exit. He was shoeless and shirtless and had on a small backpack....well okay he wasn't exactly shirtless cause he had it on his head. My first thought? He hasn't figured out this hitchhiking thing.

I didn't see this but this happened in my city 2 years ago.

http://fox2now.com/2013/05/14/women-say-god-told-them-to-walk-down-road-naked/

If only God had told me to be in that area that day :naughty:

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Anyone remember this commercial? I was about 10 years old when it was released, and I still remember it haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUfKH1gWcsA

One of my favorite commercials lol. Not sure if anyone noticed, and not going to lie, I thought the marketing department was awful this year. Anything from the in game presentations, the social media posts, and to the TV commercials were just awful and bland....

Watching some of the stuff the Charlotte Checkers crew put together this year on most likely a much smaller budget blew away what the Canes did this year....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad