I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
inbeforethelock3zd.jpg

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Yup. Going down to Crabtree and getting me a nice industrial quality diamond blade bandsaw after work today.

Or I might get there and decide to blow the money on an engagement ring instead. Could go either way, really.

u should find a place that repurposes diamond drill bits into engagement rings, will be a lot cheaper.

Though, I still maintain that the best thing you could do to illustrate your love and eternal commitment would be to buy her a ring set with a chuck of carbon.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
u should find a place that repurposes diamond drill bits into engagement rings, will be a lot cheaper.

Though, I still maintain that the best thing you could do to illustrate your love and eternal commitment would be to buy her a ring set with a chuck of carbon.

Don't tempt me. Diamonds are the advertising industry's greatest victory of all time. Even though the cartel has legitimate competition now, the stones are so ingrained into the psyche of western culture that their retail value will never go down (although resale value is another story). I don't think anybody truly believes they're rare any more, but they're still priced as if they are.

I think it's pure, unadulterated BS, but there are certain things to dig in your heels on and certain things to just play along with. This is one of the latter.

Stopped reading here because I'm jealous of the awesome time you're gonna have

I mean, you can come with. I have every intention of testing the saw on items in the store before I buy it.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

Good advice.......from the single guy.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
i have four cats, who are more than happy with clean litter, food, a mixing bowl of tepid water and the occasional can of sardines. who needs women? am i rite or what?

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Don't tempt me. Diamonds are the advertising industry's greatest victory of all time. Even though the cartel has legitimate competition now, the stones are so ingrained into the psyche of western culture that their retail value will never go down (although resale value is another story). I don't think anybody truly believes they're rare any more, but they're still priced as if they are.

Amen!. Just hope that she doesn't have a longer term desire for more diamonds. Thankfully, my wife feels they are pretty much a waste of money so after the engagement ring, I haven't had to spend gobs on diamond necklaces, diamond earrings, etc...etc... I feel for the guys that have (or choose) to do that.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
^ This guy is going to be good at marriage.

One can hope.

Amen!. Just hope that she doesn't have a longer term desire for more diamonds. Thankfully, my wife feels they are pretty much a waste of money so after the engagement ring, I haven't had to spend gobs on diamond necklaces, diamond earrings, etc...etc... I feel for the guys that have (or choose) to do that.

She doesn't exactly have expensive tastes, so I don't think she will. She does have one pair of diamond earrings (that I know about, anyway) that she wears a lot, but she inherited them from her mom, so that's different. She also gave me specific instructions to stay under 1 carat. I think she's pretty practical-minded, but still wants to be like most women and wear a diamond rather than some alternative stone.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Speaking of marriage, being in two out of city weddings in 3 weeks is ****ing expensive.

I know what you mean. I have to go to two of them this year with my wife and both require plane tickets, hotel, wedding gifts, rental car, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad