Post-Game Talk: Hurricanes at Leafs 7:30 PM Sportsnet

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
So you can't actually see when we do have nice things?

Reimer and Bernier won't be getting anything they want here. Their tenures here are bad timing, that's all. They're here to bridge this gap until the team can become competitive. At that point, management will be looking for other goalies to kickstart the "new era".

Reimer- getting a 3, 4, or 5 year deal? - I say absurd. They're gonna let him go before that ever happens. No way they commit to this guy long-term. He has some nice stats like his save % but what's his win % - 1 win in his last 10 or something? It's too wish-washy. Same for Bernier. Up and down with this guy. They're ok for now, they're serving their purpose which is to get through this low point. The team is going nowhere with these guys, because the team is going nowhere regardless of who's in net. Unfortunate for them but that's hockey. This is all temporary and this roster will be very different in due time. Most players will be gone, including the goalies. There IS a new era ahead.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Reimer and Bernier won't be getting anything they want here. Their tenures here are bad timing, that's all. They're here to bridge this gap until the team can become competitive. At that point, management will be looking for other goalies to kickstart the "new era".

Reimer- getting a 3, 4, or 5 year deal? - I say absurd. They're gonna let him go before that ever happens. No way they commit to this guy long-term. He has some nice stats like his save % but what's his win % - 1 win in his last 10 or something? It's too wish-washy. Same for Bernier. Up and down with this guy. They're ok for now, they're serving their purpose which is to get through this low point. The team is going nowhere with these guys, because the team is going nowhere regardless of who's in net. Unfortunate for them but that's hockey. This is all temporary and this roster will be very different in due time. Most players will be gone, including the goalies. There IS a new era ahead.

You'd be wrong.

I'd say Reimer's contract will be a three year, while Sparks or whoever on the Marlies comes up to see if they can be a bona-fide NHL goaltender.

Moving forward it was always going to be one of Bernier or Reimer to lead us into the rebuild.

Reimer has won that battle this season.

For good this time.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
So you can't actually see when we do have nice things?

I Think the Leafs will get him re-signed, there are few very good Goal Tenders, that have turned their game around and are now considered very good and with the averages Reimer has.

Bernier is hit and Miss and if we do trade a Goal Tender, it may be him but I would like to keep both, unless of course a knock your socks off deal presents itself.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto

We don't have any clear starter prospects in the pipeline, so the real question is "Are there any goalies available in FA or trade that can provide a long term solution?". If the answer is yes then the next question is "Are they better than Reimer?", and if the answer to that is still yes then the final question is "Does signing them preclude signing Reimer?".

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
That game last night was a cure for insomnia. Saturday night's tilt against the Habs should be much better.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
My interest level was so low for that game I couldn't even pay attention to the 30 second highlights this morning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad