Post-Game Talk: Hurricanes at Leafs 7:30 PM Sportsnet

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
yeah, Chicago and Philly have been tough as well... but statistically, they got nothin on the way Carolina and Buffalo spank the Leafs decade after decade. I say the Leafs have 2 top menaces: Sabres, Canes. They can't beat these guys if their lives depended on it, all the way back to the birth of both those teams. The Leafs have at least had winning streaks vs. Chicago and Philly from time to time... but against Buffalo, all they've ever done is lose. Same with Carolina. They've never been able to put together a streak against them, not in the 45+ years (Sabres) of their existance. It's just lose, lose, lose. See for yourself how bad the stats really are, especially vs. Buffalo:

http://www.shrpsports.com/nhl/result.htm

Wow that's bad. Cool website.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
I think Leivo would have helped this game. Still don't know why he sat. I hope he sees the ice vs Montreal.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
That's first time in a presser I've seen Babs quite noticeably frustrated with what he has to work with this year.

He was very complimentary on the youngsters playing on the Hurricanes blueline; and they do have some very good players back there.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
Neither have played poorly at all this season. Those two, Leo and JVR have been great. It's just that all of our other forwards are barely NHL calibre.[/QUOTE]

That is one of the more moronic statements I have read here. Lupul, Bozak Kadri and many more are NHL calibre players.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Neither have played poorly at all this season. Those two, Leo and JVR have been great. It's just that all of our other forwards are barely NHL calibre.[/QUOTE]

That is one of the more moronic statements I have read here. Lupul, Bozak Kadri and many more are NHL calibre players.

Every team has NHL caliber players. So what? Ours are not that good.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Reimer deserved a better faith tonight.

At least(for him) he is increasing his contract demands.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
lol. he can demand all he wants in Toronto but they'll still laugh him out the door

Cruelly funny.

Babcock, I hope he can get through his first few years here, its an exhausting city, very electric.

I think Babcock is terrific, but man, it would have been nice to hire him in 2017 not 2015.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012

Bozak and Kadri were part of the NHL caliber group but it still was a bit much.

Good game but man do we miss JVR, with him in the lineup this doesn't go to OT I think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad