Post-Game Talk: Hurricanes at Leafs 7:30 PM Sportsnet

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

Carolina Hurricanes at Toronto Maple Leafs: Thursday game preview

Carolina's Justin Faulk could hurt the Leafs if they get into penalty trouble.

Carolina Hurricanes at Toronto Maple Leafs: Thursday game preview
Carolina's Justin Faulk could hurt the Leafs if they get into penalty trouble.

By: Mark Zwolinski Sports reporter, Published on Wed Jan 20 2016

Hurricanes at Leafs

Air Canada Centre

Puck drop: 7:30 p.m.

TV: Sportsnet

Radio: TSN Radio 1050

Key matchup: Dan Winnik vs Justin Faulk. The Leafs’ penalty killers, led by Winnik, will undoubtedly key on Faulk, who has 14 goals this season, 12 of them on the power play. Faulk has three game-winning goals and is one of the true power-play talents in the NHL.

Need to know: The Hurricanes had climbed to within five points of the top wild-card spot, and to within three points of the second berth, after a 4-0-1 stretch prior to Sunday’s 5-0 loss in Pittsburgh . . . Carolina is without goaltender Cam Ward, who was placed on injured reserve Sunday with a concussion. Ward last played Friday against Vancouver. He is 14-11-5, with a 2.42 goals-against average and a .905 save percentage . . . Eric Staal can be a free agent at the end of the season, triggering questions about his future in Carolina. Staal, a 20-plus goal scorer nine times in his career, has just nine goals and 19 assists this season. While trade talk follows him, he has an $8.25-million (U.S.) cap hit this season (pro rated to any team that acquires him), and a no-trade clause.

Up next: Saturday, vs Montreal, 7 p.m.

Last edited:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Guaranteed loss night!

What is this power that the Canes have over our Leafs?

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Do we ever beat these guys?

Staal will score a goal for sure
Ward will play like the best goalie in the universe for sure

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Do we ever beat these guys?

Staal will score a goal for sure
Ward will play like the best goalie in the universe for sure

Ward is injured but I'm sure whoever is in net for them will have the exact same effect.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Thanks for the GDT, Budsfan... (even if you won't talk with me in here.. :laugh:) :sarcasm:

Stick with Reims again.. and we will win again... :)

Storm Out: Leafs vs Canes Match-Up/Montage - TML

GO LEAFS GO !!

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Paul Hendrick @HennyTweets
Brad Boyes plays in his 800th career game tonight. From Vic Johnston Arena in Streetsville to the ACC it's been a classy journey. Congrats !
-------------------------------------------------------------
Jonas Siegel @jonasTSN1050
Second straight start tonight for James Reimer, who won for the first time since Nov. 20 on Tuesday. :handclap:
-------------------------------------------------------------
James Mirtle @mirtle
Dave Keon will be honoured before the Leafs game on weekend: “I’m looking forward to the ceremonies on Saturday.”

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Thanks for the GDT, Budsfan... (even if you won't talk with me in here.. :laugh:) :sarcasm:

Stick with Reims again.. and we will win again... :)

Storm Out: Leafs vs Canes Match-Up/Montage - TML

GO LEAFS GO !!

No Problem Seer if we have a disagreement talking hockey I it's just two points of view.

Keep those video's coming.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
No Problem Seer if we have a disagreement talking hockey I it's just two points of view.

Keep those video's coming.

I don't think we've had any disagreements in here, Bud.. Because, this is the first time that you ever addressed me in this forum.. Thanks! :)

(and thanks for all your work in the GDT's..) :yo:

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Paul Hendrick @HennyTweets
Brad Boyes plays in his 800th career game tonight. From Vic Johnston Arena in Streetsville to the ACC it's been a classy journey. Congrats !

I would think about switching Boyes and Grabner. There's no way that Grabner will be able to produce... I think he's just a bust. But if we put Boyes with Kadri and Komorov and he gets hot, we might be able to get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him at the deadline.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Leafs are 6-14 vs. Carolina in their last 20 games. Nasty. It's like the Buffalo curse.

Canes win tonight.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I don't think we've had any disagreements in here, Bud.. Because, this is the first time that you ever addressed me in this forum.. Thanks! :)

(and thanks for all your work in the GDT's..) :yo:

OK Seer, if we do have a disagreement when I talk hockey, I sometimes go over the mark and I upset people without knowing it but it just is my point of view and I bear no ill feelings to people that have a different one...LOL

Thanks again for your Montages and Keep them coming.

Cheers!

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
A long grinding low-scoring game

The pupil faces his 2x master.

The Canes allow the least shots in the NHL, but the ones they do allow are high percentage.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
for the fact that we are in Toronto, i think we have a chance to win. if we were in Carolina. brrzt

the game i really have my eye on is Columbus v. Calgary

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
This isn't the early 2000s, when they had Irbe in net. Reims isn't affected by the Canes as Cujo was...we have a good chance of repeating as we did vs the Flyers. Another team many felt had "power" over us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad