Proposal: Hughes Line Is It Anyway?: N.J. + VAN

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Really, they actually often seem to align:

Staal Brothers Eric and Jordan in Carolina (and Jared?).
Staal Brothers Eric and Marc in New York.
Schenn Brothers in Philadelphia.
Niedermayer Brothers in Anaheim.
Sedin Brothers in Vancouver.
Benn Brothers in Dallas.
Ritchie Brothers in Boston.
Carolina - Uniting Jordan with Eric didn't do anything for the Canes on the ice
New York - Eric was a rental, not a long term guy
Philly - Luke's play began to drop as the NHL got faster
Anaheim - Scott was a UFA in his 30's. Took the chance to play with his brother in Anaheim vs remain in NJ
Vancouver - drafted the twins
Dallas - Jordie Benn isn't a guy teams covet
Boston - don't think the Ritchie bros are highly coveted

Again, 2 brothers vs 3 brothers is a different animal. Marc, Eric, Jordan never all played together. I don't think anymore than 2 Sutter brothers played together. Have to go back to Quebec Nordiques with that Statsny tio to see that occur with 3 brothers.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I don't like Vancouver at all . The had such a bunch of drivers on their team so i grow to hate them . Totally different team today but the hate is still there . Being a hockey fan and looking at this trade you have to admit the best player in the trade is Hughes . I think it is easy to see what he will become . He already putting up numbers in the NHL . NDJ offer of a low event 2/3C a late 1st and Smith who is still a question mark isn't enough to get Vancouver to trade their young stud of a D man

I get your point, but Smith is not really a question mark

he is already a top 4 DMan at 21 years old.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I don't like Vancouver at all . The had such a bunch of drivers on their team so i grow to hate them . Totally different team today but the hate is still there . Being a hockey fan and looking at this trade you have to admit the best player in the trade is Hughes . I think it is easy to see what he will become . He already putting up numbers in the NHL . NDJ offer of a low event 2/3C a late 1st and Smith who is still a question mark isn't enough to get Vancouver to trade their young stud of a D man

He's offensively gifted, but I don't think he's done enough to earn the label of a "stud Dman"

He's -16 this season, and was -10 last year...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad