Proposal: Hughes Line Is It Anyway?: N.J. + VAN

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
See, the difference here is...

Quinn Hughes IS a 60pts d-man, he's shown he can do it last year, and again this year
Ty Smith MAY become a 60pt d-man, he hasn't shown he can do it yet.

Certainty > Potential, especially when both of them are the same age.
The difference is that 45% of his points come on the PP and he cant play defense worth a shit. He also has never scored 60 points in a season.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
The difference is that 45% of his points come on the PP and he cant play defense worth a shit. He also has never scored 60 points in a season.
What has Ty Smith done exactly?

Quinn, 64pts pace las year, again 64pts pace this year. Safe to say, he's a 60pts d-man, playing on a team that's just as bad as the NJDevils.

Until Ty Sith shows he can actually produce at a similar pace (cause Smith sucks just as much defensively), he can't snif Quinn Hughes jock.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015

Quinn, 64pts pace las year, again 64pts pace this year. Safe to say, he's a 60pts d-man, playing on a team that's just as bad as the NJDevils.

Until Ty Sith shows he can actually produce at a similar pace (cause Smith sucks just as much defensively), he can't snif Quinn Hughes jock.

wut. I wouldn't even say Smith is bad defensively.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta

You're solely looking at the OP's offer as Smith for Hughes and completely disregarding the fact that Zacha and 1st far outweigh the negative value of Eriksson

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
You're solely looking at the OP's offer as Smith for Hughes and completely disregarding the fact that Zacha and 1st far outweigh the negative value of Eriksson
Don't get me wrong, this offer is grabage.
I was referring to the poster comparing Hughes (a 60pts+ dman a season) to Ty Smith sayibg they were comparable when they are not

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Don't get me wrong, this offer is grabage.
I was referring to the poster comparing Hughes (a 60pts+ dman a season) to Ty Smith sayibg they were comparable when they are not

I think this offer is actually quite decent value, if for some odd reason these teams ever decided to make a trade it'd probably look a little like this.... That being said, neither team would ever even dream of making this deal any time soon because their players are too valuable to their respective teams

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Vancouver fans run for the hills if the Devils draft Luke Hughes! The awful trade proposals will come fast and furious from NJ fans, probably always a variation of the same 3 pieces your team is not interested in. Thus is the HFboards way!!:naughty:

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
You must’ve been enraged to get shut out against this trash sens team just a few days ago. Chabot is easily better and can actually play defense.

Chabot can play defence? Is there another Chabot in the NHL and not the one who’s a career minus -60?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Vancouver fans run for the hills if the Devils draft Luke Hughes! The awful trade proposals will come fast and furious from NJ fans, probably always a variation of the same 3 pieces your team is not interested in. Thus is the HFboards way!!:naughty:

As a NJ fan I wouldn’t want Quinn if the team already had Luke. That’s essentially turning your team and your salary cap over to them.

Reactions: Smitty426

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
As a NJ fan I wouldn’t want Quinn if the team already had Luke. That’s essentially turning your team and your salary cap over to them.

Assuming they all like each other, they might take a discount to play together...

Otherwise, New Jersey could just threaten to trade them all to separate teams if they don't fall in line

I'm obviously joking about threatening to trade them, but I do think it's possible they might appreciate the organization that brought them all together enough to sign a cap-friendly deal

I wonder if they share the same agent...

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Assuming they all like each other, they might take a discount to play together...

Otherwise, New Jersey could just threaten to trade them all to separate teams if they don't fall in line

I'm obviously joking about threatening to trade them, but I do think it's possible they might appreciate the organization that brought them all together enough to sign a cap-friendly deal

I wonder if they share the same agent...

Im not sure if they all share one agency but in a recent interview the dad was sporting a sweatshirt from the agency that represents at least one of them. When dad wears the agent’s sweatshirt my guess is that there won’t be any team friendly deals with any of them. At least not enough to where it will matter. Just my thoughts.

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Chabot can play defence? Is there another Chabot in the NHL and not the one who’s a career minus -60?
Try watching the games bub, Chabot has played the second most minutes of any player in the last 3 years on a rebuilding team with defense partners such as Ben Hapur, Frederik Claesson, Max Lajoie, Christian Jaros, Dylan Demelo, Mark Borowoecki, Cody Ceci, Erik Gudbranson, Josh Brown, Brayden Coburn and Nikita Zaitsev as his latest partner. At this rate Hughes will be a -60 this time next season without his babysitter Tanev and playing for a team that is actively trying to make the playoffs.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Im not sure if they all share one agency but in a recent interview the dad was sporting a sweatshirt from the agency that represents at least one of them. When dad wears the agent’s sweatshirt my guess is that there won’t be any team friendly deals with any of them. At least not enough to where it will matter. Just my thoughts.
We’ve been thru this with the Staal s and various other brother/related players. It usually never has a chance for the stars to align to make everything work. It’s just not that important of a thing

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
We’ve been thru this with the Staal s and various other brother/related players. It usually never has a chance for the stars to align to make everything work. It’s just not that important of a thing
Two is workable if both guys want it. When you are talking 3 of them? Not likely. Changes should either NJ or Van secure Luke in the draft.

but if Anyone else takes Luke then uniting the 3 Hughes seems virtually dead.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Really, they actually often seem to align:

Staal Brothers Eric and Jordan in Carolina (and Jared?).
Staal Brothers Eric and Marc in New York.
Schenn Brothers in Philadelphia.
Niedermayer Brothers in Anaheim.
Sedin Brothers in Vancouver.
Benn Brothers in Dallas.
Ritchie Brothers in Boston.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Really, they actually often seem to align:

Staal Brothers Eric and Jordan in Carolina (and Jared?).
Staal Brothers Eric and Marc in New York.
Schenn Brothers in Philadelphia.
Niedermayer Brothers in Anaheim.
Sedin Brothers in Vancouver.
Benn Brothers in Dallas.
it Happens but rarely. And it’s never done with purpose when guys are all young. Sedins were different. They were drafted together

it Happens but rarely. And it’s never done with purpose when guys are all young. Sedins were different. They were drafted together

Last edited:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

There aren't that many brother combos in the NHL to begin with but it seems like a fairly regular occurrence to bring them together whenever there's a chance.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I don't like Vancouver at all . The had such a bunch of drivers on their team so i grow to hate them . Totally different team today but the hate is still there . Being a hockey fan and looking at this trade you have to admit the best player in the trade is Hughes . I think it is easy to see what he will become . He already putting up numbers in the NHL . NDJ offer of a low event 2/3C a late 1st and Smith who is still a question mark isn't enough to get Vancouver to trade their young stud of a D man

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad