How Many Soft Goals Has Andersen Let In This Year?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
games played don't matter? discount Andersens rookie year where he played 28 and every single year since Andersen has played more games per season than reimer has managed to do once. And only one of those was in the 40 games range the res 54 games or better.

Why do you have an obvious agenda against Andersen? every single other place on this site you are a fair and balanced poster, but when Andersen comes up you have a vendetta against him.

reimer is a hack of a goalie who is mentally soft and cant manage more than 42 games he is such a weird option to pine for as out goalie

I didn't bring up reimer in this thread.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
I was a big proponent of Bernier over Reimer, unfortunately Bernier didn't have the size or mentality to back up his talent. His technique was very good.

Reimer had the size, but not the talent or consistency is his game, and his technique sucked.

Freddy has both the size and the knack for making big saves, he was huge in Nashville but I give him a few mulligans cause of how solid he's been for the majority of the season, he's a huge reason we have the high number of points we do, to not see this is lunacy. He'll get his groove back and kick ass by the time the playoffs are here.

Don't you guys worry. ;)

I'm psychic ;)

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Ok sorry, you included him in the post I quoted insinuating Reimer is as good as Andersen games played must play a factor in the stats you showed
Wait, Reimer as good as Andersen?

Hahahahahaha. no.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
A fair amount. But he's also been elite for stretches. He's 23rd in low danger save% for goalies with 800+ minutes this year. Not great.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
A fair amount. But he's also been elite for stretches. He's 23rd in low danger save% for goalies with 800+ minutes this year. Not great.
Way to over qualify there bud why not go for goalies with more than 1200 minutes or 3000 minutes FFS if you go to 500 minutes he's 45 th as posted earlier thats enough to say he's been shyte when it comes to stopping easy ones like 2 of the 3 last night against Buffalo .These elite stretches some of you keep talking about have been the direct result of the teams defensive play more than his actual play in net , sure he makes a good one every once in a while but really good goalies don't give up bad goals night in and night out , they have bad nights but not bad goals almost every night , just accept it and move on like the rest of us .

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
I agree, my point was that Reimer was the better of the two.
I'm not so sure, Bernier is better technically and a better athlete. Though he is smaller, so he needs his speed to be on game. But as we saw with the Mandela incident, he couldn't keep it together upstairs.

I saw much potential in him, but he couldn't keep it together.

But who cares, we have a real number 1 now, so let's just revel in that. :D

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
not really. It's actually a bit annoying when people act like we only are where we are because of Andersen carrying us
He carried us pretty strongly through November and up until he got hurt. So yeah he's significant in our success this year, the offence is also crucial, obviously.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
He carried us pretty strongly through November and up until he got hurt. So yeah he's significant in our success this year, the offence is also crucial, obviously.
he's been great for some stretches, and the team has had to carry him for some other stretches. obviously he's good but I wouldn't call him our MVP or anything. he's averaged out to a slightly above average starting goalie

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
not really. It's actually a bit annoying when people act like we only are where we are because of Andersen carrying us

Good goalies are always large parts of why good teams remain good teams. And I think it is largely opportunistic to devote an entire thread to a goalie that's been fantastic if we look at the album that was this season and not the couple of goofy snapshots that are obvious exceptions to the rule.

Here's my wager for any takers:

Andersen has more game-saving saves than he has game-losing gaffes.

And if that's the case, isn't that a more worthwhile thread as we enter the playoffs a couple of years into our proper identity (i.e. Honour. Pride. Courage )?

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Yes really. Not many if any at all are saying were solely where we are because of Andy. There's more people not acknowledging how big Andy was from November - January. Every goalie in the league lets in soft goals, and I bet were the only one with a thread on it... pretty pathetic.

Reactions: The Rat King

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Good goalies are always large parts of why good teams remain good teams. And I think it is largely opportunistic to devote an entire thread to a goalie that's been fantastic if we look at the album that was this season and not the couple of goofy snapshots that are obvious exceptions to the rule.

Here's my wager for any takers:

Andersen has more game-saving saves than he has game-losing gaffes.

And if that's the case, isn't that a more worthwhile thread as we enter the playoffs a couple of years into our proper identity (i.e. Honour. Pride. Courage )?
well, literally every goalie has more game-saving saves than game-losing gaffes. the state of the position is that even the worst of goalies stop around 90% of the shots

Reactions: zeke

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
he's been great for some stretches, and the team has had to carry him for some other stretches. obviously he's good but I wouldn't call him our MVP or anything. he's averaged out to a slightly above average starting goalie
We have to take into consideration the amount of shots he's faced. It's difficult to take on, it's almost like what Cujo went through in St Louis, and even here to an extent. It's impressive when a goalie can largely save your ass while being so overwhelmed by shot volume at the same time.

But yeah, our offence is awesome and can explode at any point. Goal scoring and goaltending are our strengths, defence is our weakness.

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
well, literally every goalie has more game-saving saves than game-losing gaffes. the state of the position is that even the worst of goalies stop around 90% of the shots

But not all goalies are going into the playoffs as a direct result of those game-saving saves, right?

Context matters. Could some of Andersen's soft goals cost us a playoffs spot? As much as a game-saving save from the opposition might have done the same thing, I suppose.

This to say, looking to find immaterial fault like this thread's topic occasions, seems really, really...oddly obsessive in the worst way.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
He’s no Bernier or Toskala but still too many for my liking.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
We can start with the game winner against Buffalo, I have had farts with more force than that shot, if you can rob Jordan Nolan there is NO excuse to allow the 3-2 goal

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009

No, just, no. "Slightly above average goalies" don't get 5 shutouts in one season. They also don't rank in the top 10 for save percentage among goalies that play over 50 games, while simultaneously facing more rubber than a sorority sister at a frat party. Freddy's a top 10 for sure. He has had some mental gaffes, that have led to some weak goals lately. But it's happened even with Vasilevskiy lately too. This thing called fatigue takes its toll on players that are on the ice for almost the entire game, every time they play. Especially when they're going to be started for over 75% of the games in a season.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
So has anyone found out the answer to the original question? How many softies has Andersen allowed this year? 6? 13? 17? None? 5?

We need an exact number here, the original poster of this topic said so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad