How Many Soft Goals Has Andersen Let In This Year?

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Note to mods: I think this will get overlooked in his threads, so I'd like this thread to remain on it's own so the more keen observers and fans can offer their insight.

I was recently watching highlights from a Calgary game and notice this AWFUL goal Smith gave up

Now, I know that Andersen has let in shots that he should stop, but I would not refer to them necessarily as "soft" as the goal that Smith gave up as to me "soft" means utterly awful.

I don't recall Andersen letting in many stinkers this year, shots he should stop yes, but truly bad like Bernier and Toskala used to do all the time...no.

Does anybody have a number for this? I'm curious as I want to see what other teams will say their goalies have let in after I get the feedback from Andersen's year.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
quite a bit earlier in the season but not too many that i could think of now

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Thankfully he's matured into a goalie who doesn't let in soft goals but instead has soft games. Games where every goal is a soft goal basically. But then he makes up for it by going on long stretches of vezina calibre goaltending.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
He allowed many last season , especially early in the season, this year not nearly as much, but recently against Tampa Bay he allowed 2 which cost them the game. For the most part he's been pretty solid .

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
As many as all the other top 10 goalies in the league. It’s quite common.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
He hasn’t been as sharp lately. Without him, I think they would be in a battle for a playoff spot

In last year’s playoffs he gave up a few baddies. One in OT, if memory serves?

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
It seemed like with Bernier in particular, he would let in pretty much the first shot on net, then that would just ruin his night and the team would follow suit. Andy gives up bad goals, but doesn't let it get to him, and can still recover and play a great game.

Reactions: 7even

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I remember against San Jose when the Leafs defeated them in a shootout Andersen cleared the puck and a Sharks player stole it right in front of the net which resulted in a bad goal against.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Lol silly thread and useless.

None is the correct answer unless of course anyone can show video of him jumping out of the way of a puck. He never lets in goals.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Anyone have LDSC sv% for him? I remember in his early season slump (Oct/Nov) his HDSC sv% was really good but his LDSC sv% was near the bottom of the league for starters. I wonder if that has changed.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Andersen hasnt allowed a lot of soft goals. He has allowed far less then the 2 goalies he replaced here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad