How Many Soft Goals Has Andersen Let In This Year?

OppositeLocK

Nov 18, 2017
I always thought Bernier was the worst Leafs goalie of the decade and they had some bad ones, like Vesa Toskala.

Toskala wasn’t nearly as bad as people made him out to be. He played on the worst Leafs teams in the past 40 years and only really started sucking when people started blaming him for everything and running him out of town. That’s when he lost all confidence as a human being.

Raycroft and Bernier are in the running as worst. Pogge was shit too considering all the hype he had.

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
he's 45th in the league in low danger sv% among goalies with more than 500 minutes. so quite a few I'd imagine
Anyone have LDSC sv% for him? I remember in his early season slump (Oct/Nov) his HDSC sv% was really good but his LDSC sv% was near the bottom of the league for starters. I wonder if that has changed.

So there are stats but nobody feels like talking about them.. okay then.

Having said that, it's not clear to me that all low danger goals against are soft. I thought it's mostly based on shot distance without taking into account possible screens and other context. But if Andersen is really not even in the top 30 then that's kind of concerning. Just hope that he's in Vezina-calibre form in April rather than October Andersen.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Last 2yrs

Luongo .920
Andersen .918
Reiner .916
Yup looks like Andy is an upgrade on Reimer, and Reimer is best suited as a backup where he has less chances to callapse at end of season that costs the team a playoff spot.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Last 3yrs

Luongo .921
Reimer .918
Andersen .918
Yup proves my point. Andy has played playoff games in those 3 years where Reimer hasnt played any. It seems like as usual Reimer callapses at the end of the season and his soft goals increase in those games.

Reactions: Walshy7

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Andersen shouldn't have played last night, no sense playing him against bottom feeders this last in the season with our playoff position a virtual lock.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Andersen lets in very few truly soft goals. He's just a great goalie all around. Other than getting off to two rocky starts, he's been as solid and consistent as you can hope for.

Bernier constantly let in truly soft goals. Obviously there are no stats on something like this, but my guess would be that for every 5 really soft goals Bernier would let in, Andersen might let in one. And that might be being generous to Bernier.

My unofficial rankings:

1. Soft Goal
2. You gotta stop that
3. Got beat
4. Got beat by a good shot
5. No chance

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Why only limit that to Andersen...how about $10.5 million-a-year-for-8-years-Carey-Price?

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Nothing that would qualify as Bernier-bad. So glad that dark era is behind us. We have a true number one now. It feels great.

Yeah it's pretty much what I thought, someone else put this up:

1. Soft Goal
2. You gotta stop that
3. Got beat
4. Got beat by a good shot
5. No chance

I don't think we've seen many if any 1s, a decent chunk of 2s but that happens to all good goalies and if we remove his October it probably goes down a fair chunk.

LeafsBro

34 I 91 I 16
Oct 18, 2011
Barrie, Ontario
I’m sure if someone were to look it up, they would find examples of soft goals being scored on all the other elite goaltenders as well.
Anderson is a legit number 1, period. We are top 7 in the league, and are on course to breaking the franchise record in points, but make no mistake - he is a massive part of that.

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
I was so happy the moment his trade to Anaheim was announced.

Same. I complained about him all the time on these boards and was very happy when new management realized he needed to be shipped out. He was too small and not mentally sharp enough on the ice.

I would say Bernier is a capable back-up goalie, but I would take McBackup over him every time.

I’m glad we’re getting the prime years of Freddy.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
upload_2018-3-27_2-58-14.jpeg

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Last 3yrs

Luongo .921
Reimer .918
Andersen .918

games played don't matter? discount Andersens rookie year where he played 28 and every single year since Andersen has played more games per season than reimer has managed to do once. And only one of those was in the 40 games range the res 54 games or better.

Why do you have an obvious agenda against Andersen? every single other place on this site you are a fair and balanced poster, but when Andersen comes up you have a vendetta against him.

reimer is a hack of a goalie who is mentally soft and cant manage more than 42 games he is such a weird option to pine for as out goalie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad