• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com

larger buttons that link to the things i use (watched threads, top of the page, easier to go to last unread post)

i didn't use the previous mobile version of the site because it was hideous, and the desktop client was awful with the pop up ads you couldn't click out of and the constant jumping around while it was loading causing you to click stuff you didn't want

the text was also borderline unreadable unless you zoomed in super far, but zooming in that far made the site actually unusable.

Reactions: Breakdowns
Sep 19, 2008
I was riding the train home from the Caps game using the new mobile and I didn't see anything that impressive about it.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
I was riding the train home from the Caps game using the new mobile and I didn't see anything that impressive about it.

were you not impressed by actually being able to navigate and read the site? that is the lowest of low bars the old mobile experience set. the new version isn't fantastic but it is certainly an improvement over what we had

Reactions: Breakdowns

rbochan

Javascript is so slow, it's ridiculous.
Page down, miss 2 threads. Because of frames? What is this, 1996 on geocities?
And yes. I wanted to "mark forum as read". I don't need to verify that and click it again.

Makes me not want to return.

Sep 19, 2008
You people don't understand how important it is that spotify be embedded. It's the biggest benefit of the upgrade.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Some of the new features are nice, but the overall look of it isn't that appealing to me. Agree with you when you say it's comparable to the NHL site. I quit going to NHL.com because the site wasn't navigatable anymore and there was just too much going on in each menu. HFboards isn't as bad as NHL, but it will take some time to get used to.

Sep 19, 2008
@Preds33 The website is acting wonky today, I've had to disable the sidebar repeatedly because it won't remember to keep it off!! Is this happening to anyone else?

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden
I don't mind the new look, but I prefer the old version a lot more.
1)Avatar sizes and resolution were much better back then.
2)I like the country flag shown below your location, it was unique

I agree with you. The new forums looks modern but is imo a step back from
the old vB.version which had a better readability.

Reactions: Sayonara77

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
@Preds33 The website is acting wonky today, I've had to disable the sidebar repeatedly because it won't remember to keep it off!! Is this happening to anyone else?

From what I have experienced, it seems like it is a local cache thing. I have noticed that each "session" I have on here, it resets. Maybe hit the home page first thing when you come to the site, turn it off, then go on your way.

Reactions: G F O P
Sep 19, 2008
It is clear that the moderation is taking our input and rolling out the appropriate fixes over time which is good

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Are the polls working? (including the one for this thread) I can't seem to vote and it says no one else can either.

upload_2017-10-2_21-35-57.png

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
Me still no likey.

Clearly a conspiracy intended to distract from the 3-peat. I am disappoint.

In other news: Old Man Yells at Clouds!

Sep 19, 2008
What people don't understand is that HFBoards desperately needed an upgrade to the 21st century. The old forum was very outdated. How many other message boards do you go to? Have you actually seen what you can do on them, that you were not able to do on HFBoards until recently?

This is the best hockey message board in the world, better than /r/hockey. It's time we modernize our servers and allow embedding of tweets, videos, and pictures without antiquated [yt] tags.

Reactions: HockeyThoughts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad