• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I liked the old layout because it reminded me of the internet in 2005 AND IT DIDN'T BLIND MY EYES.

I like the new layout too, it's definitely more modern and adds a bunch of much needed basic features. However, it's sorely lacking a dark/night mode. This site is painful to look at, especially late at night. They could also improve the amount of wasted space.

I also like the mobile layout more than the old one.

Reactions: Killion

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
What people don't understand is that HFBoards desperately needed an upgrade to the 21st century. The old forum was very outdated. How many other message boards do you go to? Have you actually seen what you can do on them, that you were not able to do on HFBoards until recently?

This is the best hockey message board in the world, better than /r/hockey. It's time we modernize our servers and allow embedding of tweets, videos, and pictures without antiquated [yt] tags.

This upgrade took away the biggest 2 key features I used and make this site near unbearable. "Hide Boards" and "Ignore Threads". I don't want to have to scroll through all 100 boards (it sure seems like 100) on the main page just to view the 3 or 4 I visit.

Add to that, why do we have to have a fluid theme? Why can't we have a fixed width theme? I don't like the content being spread 100% across my wide screen monitors.

GuitarGuy

Oct 3, 2017
Canada
I like the look.

I think HFboards made the smart move switching over to Xenforo. It's way cheaper to run than it is on vbulletin.

Sep 19, 2008
This upgrade took away the biggest 2 key features I used and make this site near unbearable. "Hide Boards" and "Ignore Threads". I don't want to have to scroll through all 100 boards (it sure seems like 100) on the main page just to view the 3 or 4 I visit.

Add to that, why do we have to have a fluid theme? Why can't we have a fixed width theme? I don't like the content being spread 100% across my wide screen monitors.

That's what happened with the old setup too. I just bookmarked other sports and Non Sports. They took away Page 2 so it's all on one page now.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO

If we're gonna have deadspace, at least even it out on each side. I agree this looks better than filling widescreens fully, especially for those using ultrawides.

upload_2017-10-3_15-21-38.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-3_15-19-37.png
    upload_2017-10-3_15-19-37.png
    161.9 KB · Views: 4

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Hiding subforums doesn't work.

8CvV1dH.jpg

If you click the "^" button in the top right corner, it will minimize the drop down list of forums. But when you refresh the page it doesn't save your preference and all the subforums are visible again.
Bumping this in hopes an admin sees it. There's two or three categories of subforums I want to make invisible but can't right now.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
They added some gray to the post backgrounds which helps a bit, but the regular forum pages are still pure white.

GIVE US DARK/NIGHT MODE :rant:

Edit: I also noticed the thicker red line between posts today. I have no clue when they were added, but they're way better than what was originally in place.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
Code:
function checkLength(){
    var textbox = document.getElementById("textbox");
    if(textbox.value.length <= () && textbox.value.length >= 4){
        alert("success");
    }
    else{
        alert("make sure the input is more than four characters long")
    }
}
</script>
<input type="text" id="textbox"></input>
<input type="submit" name="textboxSubmit" onclick="checkLength()" />

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
What the hell just happened? I disappear for almost a year and this happened?

On the bright side, this is much cleaner.

Sep 19, 2008
Code:
function checkLength(){
    var textbox = document.getElementById("textbox");
    if(textbox.value.length <= () && textbox.value.length >= 4){
        alert("success");
    }
    else{
        alert("make sure the input is more than four characters long")
    }
}
</script>
<input type="text" id="textbox"></input>
<input type="submit" name="textboxSubmit" onclick="checkLength()" />
Take your scripts somewhere else nerd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad