Pre-Game Talk: How bad do we get smoked by the Pens? Hockey game to be played on 10/17 (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
this is the type of game the rangers win and we are all like wow, this team isnt that bad

this is still a good team regardless of how the season has gone so far....i dont think many of you would have predicted a start this poor

If we beat the defending champs, then we are a good team. Logic and technicality dictate this remark.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Factually incorrect.

The 1st line has been together for nearly every shift and has 1 even strength goal.

They're also one of the best lines in the league at generating chances.

I expect a professional coach to have a grasp on when certain guys have just been unlucky, but I guess f***ing not.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

ZacUSNYR

Mar 16, 2009
Upstate, NY
Yes. Let's hope we get blown off the ice by the Penguins so we can further push an agenda of we need to fire the best coach this team has had in a very long time.

"We must change for the sake of change because we want change!"

NYR Lurker

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2008
New Jersey
In my book it’s already a win, since we don’t have to watch the game on an NBC broadcast with their Penguins love fest.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

FWIW I suggested a McDonagh/DeAngelo pairing a few days ago as an experiment. I guess we might find out. Personally I want McDonagh back on the left side and IMO DeAngelo could use a mentor.

The lines do kind of look like shit though. Hayes has to play well (and he hasn't really) for this team to go anywhere. Desharnais is not doing a lot for me. The center position has been a problem.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
They're also one of the best lines in the league at generating chances.

I expect a professional coach to have a grasp on when certain guys have just been unlucky, but I guess ****ing not.

the rangers are 1-5, AV cant change the lines all he wants....the team has under performed

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
The team is 1-5 due in part to constant line shuffling.

oo come on, you and i both know thats crap

most of these players have been playing together for years and even the ones that havent should be able to score goals regardless who they are playing with

i believe they have like (6) 5 v 5 goals this season and that has nothing to do with line tinkering

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
FWIW I suggested a McDonagh/DeAngelo pairing a few days ago as an experiment. I guess we might find out. Personally I want McDonagh back on the left side and IMO DeAngelo could use a mentor.

The lines do kind of look like **** though. Hayes has to play well (and he hasn't really) for this team to go anywhere. Desharnais is not doing a lot for me. The center position has been a problem.

DeAngelo (RD) and McD (LD) played the Devils game together, ICYMI.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Yes. Let's hope we get blown off the ice by the Penguins so we can further push an agenda of we need to fire the best coach this team has had in a very long time.

Zipay, is that you???

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Funny you say that considering that his predecessor and his predecessors' assistant are both better coaches than AV is.

We've needed a change at that position for over a year.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
oo come on, you and i both know thats crap

most of these players have been playing together for years and even the ones that havent should be able to score goals regardless who they are playing with

i believe they have like (6) 5 v 5 goals this season and that has nothing to do with line tinkering

Right, it has nothing to do with line tinkering because continuity is not important.

And your defense pairings have nothing to do with offense, right? How many different pairings have we had?

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad