Pre-Game Talk: How bad do we get smoked by the Pens? Hockey game to be played on 10/17 (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Le sigh...
images

images

Reactions: Ori

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
For all of the complaining that we’ve done today, watch us light them up like a Christmas tree.

Ya know that or watch DD and ADA get torched by Sid and Shrek

Reactions: NewLife

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Prediction? Pain.

6-2 loss after dominating the first 10 minutes but folding after a fluke goal against late in the 1st.

Reactions: Nickmo82

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Couldn't have picked worse forward lines out of his ass and somehow AV does it. How in the hell does it occur to him that Buchnevich is the guy who should be stuck on the 4th line with Grabner and an AHL/borderline NHLer? Why is Vesey stuck next to Hayes when he has never had success with him and has only looked like an NHLer when he was with Nash or Stepan? What a dope

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I mean I hope we f***ing crush them and suddenly go on a tear. I don't see that happening, though. With that in mind I hope we get f***ing embarrassed to the point that Gorton has to pull the trigger on AV.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I think we take this one 6-2. (goal 6 at EN by Nash).

If there's something this forum is really good at its predicting the epic downfall of the team THIS season. We've had this discussion pretty much every season. And every season there's the definite "IT" factor that spells the doom of the team.

We've started with a losing streak.Plenty of NHL teams have gone on fat losing streaks to suddenly string together 6-7-8-9-10 wins. But of course none of those teams had the challenges the Rangers have, becuase the Rangers problems are special, unlike every other struggling team in the NHL that suddenly went on a win bender.

I choose to remain positive for the sake of not being miserable about my own team, for now.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
This team isn't as good as the other ones that eventually got it together.

A lot of teams that go on long losing streaks lose a bunch through out the season because they aren't good. There is no indication that this iteration of the Rangers doesn't fall into that group. Hank can't save them every night anymore.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
AV not making any support easy with these combos. But who's his replacement... does it make anything better?

I don't mind giving Miller a look with Kreider. But DD as the center? Buchnevich to the fourth line? Shattenkirk still on the third pair, because apparently DeAngelo is a better defender?

We're not Montreal, why are we handling our roster like them?

5-2 Pens if I had to guess.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
This is the type of game that the Rangers will be mentally prepared for because they know the opponent is not to be taken lightly.

That being said, I actually think it could be close or the Rangers actually coming out with a win.

Also might get blown out, but we'll soon find out...haha

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Couldn't have picked worse forward lines out of his ass and somehow AV does it. How in the hell does it occur to him that Buchnevich is the guy who should be stuck on the 4th line with Grabner and an AHL/borderline NHLer? Why is Vesey stuck next to Hayes when he has never had success with him and has only looked like an NHLer when he was with Nash or Stepan? What a dope

When every line is playing like trash, the coach should keep them together?

The number one line has 1 even strength goal in 6 games.

Whether AV sucks or not, you switch lines when nothing is working.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Come out fast, and score an early goal, maybe two.
Obviously stop playing hockey at that point.
Turtle "successfully" for 2.5 periods.
Pens pull one back in the final 10, after the 3rd line collectively spaces out, and ADA is blamed because AV doesn't think forwards have to play defense.
Staal gets moved up to the first pair to hold the lead, and gets shit on by Crosby as the Pens tie it with an empty net.
Get completely dominated in OT, get one rush down their end. Miss. Pens go the other way 2 on 0, and win it.
"WE GOT SOME GOOD LOOKS HUR DUR"

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway

Yeah AV need to shuffle the lines, but it was wrong to use Buch on our 4th line even though he had a mistake last game on PP.

AV with young players = 1 mistake automatically 4th line next game, happened to Miller last season even though he ended up with 56 pts.
Anyway, back to tomorrow game prediction, all is fine like the cartoon texts and the puppy, lol. :D
Pens win 4-2.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI

I'm not sure how putting Buchnevich, who has been one of the three forwards on this team who has atleast been generating offensive opportunities, with Grabner and Carey or Cracknell is supposed to change things.

Reactions: haveandare

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Every line is playing like trash because they're together for two shifts before he changes them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad