Pre-Game Talk: How bad do we get smoked by the Pens? Hockey game to be played on 10/17 (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Right, it has nothing to do with line tinkering because continuity is not important.

And your defense pairings have nothing to do with offense, right? How many different pairings have we had?

Preseason ends after Thanksgiving (American)

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Right, it has nothing to do with line tinkering because continuity is not important.

And your defense pairings have nothing to do with offense, right? How many different pairings have we had?

in 6 games so far here are just a few tidbits of info for you

Nash - 1 point
Krieder- 3 assists no goals
Buch- 3 assists no goals
hayes- 2 points
grabner- 0 goals
vesey- 0 points

shattenkirk is second on the team right now with 2 goals

but your right let the same players play with the same people because that will help

even the so called power line of buch, krieder and zib have a grand total of 1 even strength goal so far in the 5? games they played together

continuity is important when things are working, not so much when you cant find the net

i see no problem with juggling the lines a bit, do i think buch should be on the 4th line? no. but what has happened through 6 hasnt worked

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
AV is shuffling lines because the team is playing with two forwards short. That’s not his fault. He plays the personnel given to him by management. Gorton made some curious choices this summer. We discussed that here at the time. The Rangers have a few forwards on the team who have no business playing in the NHL.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
There's always an excuse why we can't win, so we should just sit here and accept problems that are easy to fix.
And NYR is, as a team, capable of scoring nearly as much as the Pens. Less elite talent but more spread throughout. This idea that any team without a super elite talent is hopeless is silly.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
I dont understand AV logic.... How can Buch go from 1st line to 4th?

Shouldnt he get chances in the middle six??? or is that spot reserved for Jimmy Easy(to defend)?

I apologize for that awful Vesey joke.....

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
So when AV was talking about Nash it was about generating chances. Finally he scores a goal. How about applying the same thinking to Kreider and Buch? If they were generating chances then you got to stick with the continuity if you believe that scoring chances eventually will convert to goals. What does it accomplish having Kreider with DD? Buch with Cracker and Graber?

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
mcdonagh has been putrid to start the season regardless who he has been playing with

not to mention our defense isnt the reason our forwards have been shooting into the goalies crest non stop lately

McDonagh has been one of the best defensemen in the league so far and pretty much the only reason we've been in games.

I don't know what games you watch.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
So when AV was talking about Nash it was about generating chances. Finally he scores a goal. How about applying the same thinking to Kreider and Buch? If they were generating chances then you got to stick with the continuity if you believe that scoring chances eventually will convert to goals. What does it accomplish having Kreider with DD? Buch with Cracker and Graber?
Nash -> Veteran Canadian
Kreider -> Younger AMERICAN
Buch -> very young RUSSIAN

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
McDonagh has been one of the best defensemen in the league so far and pretty much the only reason we've been in games.

Easy to blame the 1D when you lose games and the goal tender is sanctified

IMO blame should go to the system

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island

i could ask you the same question, he has absolutely not been one of the best defensemen in the league so far

the best players play well regardless of their line mates

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
AV is shuffling lines because the team is playing with two forwards short. That’s not his fault. He plays the personnel given to him by management. Gorton made some curious choices this summer. We discussed that here at the time. The Rangers have a few forwards on the team who have no business playing in the NHL.

Absolutely but is there a plan at all? Going with 7D and 11F is not a bad idea and maybe increasing Ziba, Miller and Hayes usage at C.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
we obviously are not going to agree on this.....he has been shaky in my opinion to start the season

he is an excellent defenseman but he has more to give

McDonagh's on-ice xG differential is 56%

His off-ice xG differential is 39%

The fact that the Rangers go from the worst team in the league to Cup contenders when he's on the ice is more important to me than opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->