How are they doing now? (Former Sabres Players) Top 100 pics/stories

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/season-in-russia-became-nightmare-for-south-buffalos-tim-kennedy/

Season in Russia Became Nightmare for South Buffalo's Tim Kennedy

Former Buffalo Sabres forward Tim Kennedy thought he knew what he was getting into when he signed to play for Nizhnekamsk Neftekhimik, a Russian team located in a closed town – seriously, you need permission to visit – and led by a Soviet-era coach.

“I knew that going in that it was the worst city and I heard that the coach was really tough, but you figure how bad can it be and how bad can the coach be?†Kennedy said last week. “You get there and it was like my worst nightmare.â€

Man, feels like that guy's been everywhere to try and keep playing

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Matthew Barnaby ‏@MattBarnaby3636 -
I want to thank the @OHLRangers for this amazing opportunity. I look forward to working for an amazing organization and with a great staff.
Thank you to management and @JayMcKee74 for believing in me. I look forward to being part of such a great team with tremendous character.
I have always wanted to coach as its a passion.
Thanks to the kids and parents I have had in the past who made me realize that I miss the COMPETITION and the WINS and losses of everyday battle.
I can't wait to get to work.
Lastly thank you to my family for encouraging me to follow my passion. U guys have always been my priority. #LetsgoRangers

Last edited:

The Wizz

Nov 3, 2015
http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/season-in-russia-became-nightmare-for-south-buffalos-tim-kennedy/

Season in Russia Became Nightmare for South Buffalo's Tim Kennedy

Former Buffalo Sabres forward Tim Kennedy thought he knew what he was getting into when he signed to play for Nizhnekamsk Neftekhimik, a Russian team located in a closed town – seriously, you need permission to visit – and led by a Soviet-era coach.

“I knew that going in that it was the worst city and I heard that the coach was really tough, but you figure how bad can it be and how bad can the coach be?†Kennedy said last week. “You get there and it was like my worst nightmare.â€

What exactly happened with him? From what I remember, he wasn't terrible when he played here. Nothing special, but not terrible either. Did he really fall off the map that far? Seems like some team in the US could at least use him on their minor team as a veteran presence.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
What exactly happened with him? From what I remember, he wasn't terrible when he played here. Nothing special, but not terrible either. Did he really fall off the map that far? Seems like some team in the US could at least use him on their minor team as a veteran presence.

He was fine in the AHL from what I can tell.

That one play in the playoffs for the Sabres really hurt his career. Never seen someone get knocked off the puck so easily...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He was fine in the AHL from what I can tell.

That one play in the playoffs for the Sabres really hurt his career. Never seen someone get knocked off the puck so easily...

Yeah, his AHL numbers are fine. I imagine someone told him to see the world and he signed in the KHL for that very reason. He is only two seasons removed from a 37-game NHL season.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006

Matthew Barnaby ‏@MattBarnaby3636 -
I want to thank the @OHLRangers for this amazing opportunity. I look forward to working for an amazing organization and with a great staff.
Thank you to management and @JayMcKee74 for believing in me. I look forward to being part of such a great team with tremendous character.
I have always wanted to coach as its a passion.
Thanks to the kids and parents I have had in the past who made me realize that I miss the COMPETITION and the WINS and losses of everyday battle.
I can't wait to get to work.
Lastly thank you to my family for encouraging me to follow my passion. U guys have always been my priority. #LetsgoRangers

So whats Wrett Warnerer up to these days? Maybe he joins this group.

Endless Ike

Jul 21, 2004
Seattle, WA

Andreychuk not being in the Hall of Fame is a complete disgrace. Maybe I'm a bit of a homer, but if you're the all-time Power play goal leader and 14th on the career goals list, you belong in the hall, I don't care if you had to play for 50 years to get there.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Man, what's it going to take to get Andreychuk's 640 goals into the Hall? At least they finally honored Pat Quinn, 18 months late.

Endless Ike

Jul 21, 2004
Seattle, WA
Man, what's it going to take to get Andreychuk's 640 goals into the Hall? At least they finally honored Pat Quinn, 18 months late.

The Hall seems to think that short bursts of dominance out weight long stretches of great play. I think it's an outrage that the all time power play goal scorer isn't in the Hall. Total disgrace.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
That might be smell you later, forever for ole Cody.

I wouldn't doubt it.

I still can't understand what happened to this kid. He was on the right trajectory after a rough start to his career. 19 goals and 41 points in 2011-12. 34 points in 48 games in 2012-13. 20 goals and 44 points the following year. And then suddenly he totally sucked at the ripe old age of 24. Really weird.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad