How are they doing now? (Former Sabres Players) Top 100 pics/stories

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Toronto - Marcus Foligno told Minnesota beat writers last month he's quickly learned the difference between the Sabres and the Wild, and reiterated it last week during a visit in Air Canada Centre.
"We have to be emotionally involved. There's nothing but winning here," Foligno told The Buffalo News. "Anything less than that is failure. That's not to discredit anything in Buffalo, that's just the environment we were in. We weren't in that state. You put up a good fight and showed up, that was OK. Here's, it's not. You've got to win. That's two totally different directions."
Foligno and Tyler Ennis will be back in town Wednesday night as the Wild makes their only appearance of the season in Buffalo. It will be their first time back since the summer trade that brought Marco Scandella and Jason Pominville to Buffalo.
"It's going to be really weird," Foligno said. "It will hit me when we land in Buffalo. You go down the highway to downtown and instead of living there and going to your place, we're going to be going to the Marriott. That might be the biggest thing that will be weird but I'm excited to get to Buffalo and see all the familiar faces. It's been home to me and meant a lot to me for a long time."
"I'm anticipating it to be strange, no doubt," Ennis said. "I still talk to the guys. I love Buffalo and always will. That's the place, the city that gave me my chance to play in the NHL and I'll always remember that."

Rest Of The Article - Inside the NHL: Homecoming beckons for Wild's Foligno and Ennis

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Just when he was trying to get his season started, West Seneca native Lee Stempniak had it shut down again as he suffered an upper-body injury just two shifts into his first game on an conditioning assignment at the Hurricanes' Charlotte affiliate. The Canes said it was a different injury than the one Stempniak was rehabbing, a hugely bad break for the 34-year-old.

The Canadiens called up former Sabre Nic Deslauriers from Laval of the AHL and gave him No. 20, last worn by current Rochester-to-Buffalo defense shuttler Zach Redmond. First to wear it, way back in 1951? Legendary Habs captain Jean Beliveau. Nos. 8, 12 and 17 were also worn by Beliveau before he settled on his iconic No. 4 in 1954 and wore it through his retirement in 1971. It then went to the rafters of the Forum and now Bell Centre.

Rest Of The Article - Inside the NHL: Homecoming beckons for Wild's Foligno and Ennis

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Mike Weber retires from hockey because of injuries. He had his flaws, but he was a good soldier with a great beard. Wish him all the best.

What finally forced him to the shelf? I saw him a few games ago and he seemed okay, but that's simply observing on a grainy computer feed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad