How are they doing now? (Former Sabres Players) Top 100 pics/stories

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@NiagaraUHockey - Oct 7 -
Come hear Clint Malarchuk's story and pick up an autographed copy of his book next Tuesday, October 10!

The Niagara University Department of Athletics will host an evening with Purple Eagles hockey on Tuesday, October 10 at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel in Niagara Falls, NY.

Cocktails and hors d'ouevres will be served at 6:00 pm and dinner will be served at 7:00 p.m. Opening remarks will be made by Niagara University Director of Athletics Simon Gray and head hockey coach Jason Lammers.

The guest speaker at this year's dinner is former National Hockey League (NHL) goaltender and coach Clint Malarchuk. A veteran of 10 NHL seasons, Malarchuk played for the Buffalo Sabres, Quebec Nordiques, and Washington Capitals.

Malarchuk is also the author of A Matter of Inches: How I Survived in the Crease and Beyond, which recounts his severe neck injury sustained in a March 22, 1989 game between the Sabres and St. Louis Blues and his personal battles in the years that followed. Books will be on hand to purchase and have autographed by Malarchuk.

Anyone interested in supporting the hockey program and attending this event may R.S.V.P. to Hayley Besaw at [email protected] or by phone at (716) 286-8600. A donation of $100 to the Niagara University men's hockey program is encouraged.

http://purpleeagles.com/news/2017/9...vening-with-niagara-hockey-on-october-10.aspx

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Nikolaj Ehlers scored his second career hat trick and tied a career high with four points to lead @NHLJets to their first win of the season - a 5-2 win over the Edmonton Oilers.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

LAS VEGAS - The two former Buffalo Sabres who are members of the Vegas Golden Knights say their experience with the NHL's newest expansion team has been a whirlwind from the day they were drafted in June. Winger William Carrier and defenseman Brayden McNabb were both taken by Vegas in the expansion draft, Carrier from the Sabres and McNabb from the Los Angeles Kings.

The Golden Knights became the first expansion club to win their first three games and improved to 4-1 with Sunday's 3-1 win over the Boston Bruins. They host the Sabres Tuesday night at 10:00 pm ET (MSG, Radio 550 AM).

"It's been a good feeling around here," said Carrier, 22. "Guys really enjoy coming to the rink and that's the attitude you have to have. It's a hardworking team and that's what the coaches are implanting in us. Guys are doing exactly that."

McNabb has one assist in four games, sitting out Sunday as a healthy scratch on the crowded Vegas blueline.
McNabb, a former third-round pick of the Sabres, was traded in 2014 by former General Manager Tim Murray.

Carrier has no points while filling an energy role on the fourth line with Tomas Nosek and Pierre-Edouard Bellemare. "It's an international line. That's what we call ourselves," said a smiling Carrier, who is French Canadian and playing with Nosek, a Czech, and Bellemare, a Frenchman.

Carrier made his NHL debut last season with Buffalo, collecting five goals and three assists in 41 games. "There was disappointment last year," Carrier said. "We felt we had a good team and couldn't get wins together. The coach and the GM get let go and it's really the players who are responsible for that. So they're trying a new system now and we know they've got some good players."

@ByMHarrington -
Update - Vegas keeping same lineup tonight as Sundays win over Bruins.
So Malcom Subban in goal, ex-#Sabres D Brayden McNabb is a healthy scratch.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

With Halloween just around the corner, you once pulled off one of the best hockey disguises of all time. Isn't it true that you once kept fans from rushing you by dressing up like, well, yourself. In other words, Doug Gilmour?

"Yes it is. Back when I played in Toronto, I lived beside Maple Leaf Gardens. It was fan appreciation day so we had a practice that was open. I was right beside the rink. I look out and there's probably about 1,000 people lined up around the block. I'm asking myself: 'How the hell am I going to get in there?' So I had my jersey at home and put it on. Ball cap. Sunglasses. Stood in line for a bit then snuck over to the back door. The security guard says, 'Sorry you can't get in here.' I took my hat and sunglasses off. He saw that and said, 'Oh, Doug, come on in.' It worked pretty well. And I was wearing my Gilmour jersey the entire time."

Rest Of The Interview - https://www.nhl.com/news/five-questions-with-doug-gilmour/c-292200214

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->