Injury Report: Hossa

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
It is important to keep in mind that this " successfull franchise " winning two back to back Presidents trophies happens to benifit from playing in the weakest division in the whole league .. this present season is no exception.
If Vancouver played in either the Central or the Pacific there is no way they win the Presidents Trophy these past two years ... no way.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Paul Kennedy‏@PK9

The conceit that a superstar would take a period off vs. a bitter rival to ensure a suspension for a nobody like Jannik Hansen is priceless.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Paul Kennedy‏@PK9

The conceit that a superstar would take a period off vs. a bitter rival to ensure a suspension for a nobody like Jannik Hansen is priceless.

No kidding. Only an idiot would think that Hossa would head off in a close game just so a player on a team in a different division, that they won't be facing again for a month and a half, would get a suspension :shakehead

I think the reason the Canucks fans think this is what happened is because their players dive and embellish so much they think that it's normal and everyone behaves the same way.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
While I absolutely disagree with what you're saying, I wasn't trying to convince anyone that the Canucks aren't dirty (they aren't).

It's just when it gets to the point where people are actually speaking like the Canucks are a division of the mafia or something. I'm sure after they're done tucking their kids into bed, Alex Burrows and Ryan Kesler are kept awake by that dive they took in that one game.

The opinions on these boards (not just yours) become so radical I just can't believe it sometimes.

Well, that pretty much confirms your denial. :laugh:

Ilrider

Mar 27, 2012
Chicago Burbs
According to the graphic on the Hawks Morning Skate Live broadcast, Hossa is playing tonight. The announcers qualified that a bit, though, saying it will be a game time decision, but if his morning skate goes well, he will want to play.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Team has generally seemed to let guys come back pretty quickly from things like this. Couple that come to mind are Toews, Kruger, and Hjalmarsson. Latter two couldn't last for more than a game or two and ended up leaving the lineup again for a longer time (and Toews, meanwhile, wasn't even symptom-free when he returned for the playoffs).

Still, Hossa knows the world of the dark room, sitting around, unable to do anything at all. Doubtless he won't want to go through that again, so I have to imagine he will only play if he truly feels healthy.

Nothingman*

We'll. i am glad he is back. But i still don't see why we cannot rest him a game to be sure.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Does Marty do the broadcasts or was this an intermission thing? He's got a good personality.

that hit was horrible- Marty is right on, and he was a Bruins last year so he knows what they think of the Canucks- most disgraceful team in hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad