Injury Report: Hossa

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
What a little ******. Talks a good game....not much physical wise to back it up.

Telling statement, when Hansen says he doesn't want ot step "too far" over the line.

A little wimp like that should "not step over the line" .... PERIOD. Well he did and there could be retaliation one day soon.

Al Secord Forever

Mar 28, 2010
"that's probably all I should say"

That's the most intelligent thing he has said since the cheap shot. Do any of their players have any class besides Luongo? Many of the fans seem to exhibit the same classlessness. As a Canadian, I'm embarassed.

I second this. So much to dislike about the franchise and the only things to love appear to be Lu and the city they happen to be based in.

RomersWorld*

Marty Turco on the Stars' broadcast says he thinks it was an intentional, dirty elbow by Hansen. He is also disgusted with the Canucks management and coaches with how the handled the incident and basically was calling them what they are...scummy. He said he understands defending your players to an extent but really the entire organization is out of line.

This was after they looked at the dirty knee on knee from Bieksa that could've ended Eriksson's career easily. Knee injuries are no joke and those types of hits are the ones that end careers. No surprise it only takes one game for the Canucks to continue on their path of dirty play and disgraceful nature. It is in their blood. The worst part is that the management and coaches support them for trying to injure other players and condone this type of behavior.

You can see why that organization is so dysfunctional...really the dirtiest team in the NHL by far and no other team comes close IMO. At the end of the day, the Hawks' players like Hossa will retire with Stanley Cup rings and their players will retire without a Cup ring or any self respect.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Marty Turco on the Stars' broadcast says he thinks it was an intentional, dirty elbow by Hansen. He is also disgusted with the Canucks management and coaches with how the handled the incident and basically was calling them what they are...scummy. He said he understands defending your players to an extent but really the entire organization is out of line.

This was after they looked at the dirty knee on knee from Bieksa that could've ended Eriksson's career easily. Knee injuries are no joke and those types of hits are the ones that end careers. No surprise it only takes one game for the Canucks to continue on their path of dirty play and disgraceful nature. It is in their blood. The worst part is that the management and coaches support them for trying to injure other players and condone this type of behavior.

You can see why that organization is so dysfunctional...really the dirtiest team in the NHL by far and no other team comes close IMO. At the end of the day, the Hawks' players like Hossa will retire with Stanley Cup rings and their players will retire without a Cup ring or any self respect.

That's how I felt...and "disgusted" is the right word for it.

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
The worst part is that the management and coaches support them for trying to injure other players and condone this type of behavior.

I was thinking about this the other night. I wonder if there's any possibility of an NHL team running a bounty program like New Orleans got busted for?

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006

Nailed it. Thank you.

looseneditforyou

Apr 30, 2011

I'm a fan of both the Hawks and the Canucks, although my fandom for Chicago is a little more casual. And I'm wondering ... what specifically do you guys mean when you say this? The Canucks are one of the most successful franchises in the league, came within a game of the cup, won two President's trophies and have three regulation losses this season so far.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore

Does Marty do the broadcasts or was this an intermission thing? He's got a good personality.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I'm a fan of both the Hawks and the Canucks, although my fandom for Chicago is a little more casual. And I'm wondering ... what specifically do you guys mean when you say this? The Canucks are one of the most successful franchises in the league, came within a game of the cup, won two President's trophies and have three regulation losses this season so far.

ah huh

do you really think you're fooling anyone?

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville

I liked Marty before - now I like him more.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria

you won't fool anyone here, don't even try it.

most successful franchises? How can they be successful when they haven't won anything yet?

DET is
NJ is
even COL is
even ANA can be added
PIT is
BOS is
VAN isn't near to those teams. They've won nothing and unless you win something, you are nothing.

Amberelise

May 8, 2010
Chi-town
I do think the team has a dirty culture. I don't think every player is dirty, or that every fan condones dirty play, but I do think Vancouver has a problem playing clean - or at least, encouraging it.

And, it starts as high as their brass. Just last year the Canucks were still battling in court the Steve Moore incident, where they were caught playing dirty in court as well: http://www.news1130.com/2012/06/05/vancouver-canucks-and-bertuzzi-lose-appeal/

I've been called out for pointing out a decade old incident, but it's relevant in the sense that - at the time - management condoned the act. Then, management secretly tried to throw the court case quite recently. It's a top to bottom problem.

Plus, think about all of the dirty players they've had? Torres, Cooke, Lapierre, Kesler's diving...

I'm just scared to play them, but for all the wrong reasons. Afraid of losing players so much more than losing games.

Amberelise

May 8, 2010
Chi-town
you won't fool anyone here, don't even try it.

most successful franchises? How can they be successful when they haven't won anything yet?

DET is
NJ is
even COL is
even ANA can be added
PIT is
BOS is
VAN isn't near to those teams. They've won nothing and unless you win something, you are nothing.

Right. And, by his logic, you could include the St. Louis Blues considering their playoffs streak for over 30 years - but look what happens the second you miss the playoffs for a year or two?

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto

not really. in the last 10 seasons they've made it past the second round of the playoffs on 1 occasion...they've lost in the 1st round 3 times and didn't even qualify twice. the franchise itself has never won the cup and only made it to the finals on two occasions.

they did win two president's trophies...but if you look at their performance into the post season they're middle of the road.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
If the players mentioned by that Canuck supporter truly do have class, they need to work together to get their act together and regain some respect around the league. That’s no easy task, cause, right now, there isn’t any. And unfortunately their leaders like Bieksa and Kesler and worse, their coach lead the way. His comment last night about the 1 game suspension: “We got a good chuckle at Shanahan’s explanationâ€. The league should not tolerate that kind of comment from any NHL coach when they’re trying to clean up these head shots.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
If the players mentioned by that Canuck supporter truly do have class, they need to work together to get their act together and regain some respect around the league. That’s no easy task, cause, right now, there isn’t any. And unfortunately their leaders like Bieksa and Kesler and worse, their coach lead the way. His comment last night about the 1 game suspension: “We got a good chuckle at Shanahan’s explanationâ€. The league should not tolerate that kind of comment from any NHL coach when they’re trying to clean up these head shots.

Agreed, take a page out of Goodell's book and suspend Alain Vigneault 1 game for comments detrimental to the league.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
One of the most successful franchises? OK, maybe in the regular season. I didn't realize that regular season numbers made you a successful organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad