Injury Report: Hossa

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
So..... using the Canucks logic.... we purposefully withheld one of our star players in order to get one of their randoms suspended for a game not against us?

Suuuuuuuure.....

Nothingman*

Getting upset about losing Hanson is like a Hawks fan getting upset about Kruger/Fro/etc. for one game.

pmxc12873

Jul 31, 2009
So he should drop against Bollig? That is your logical conclusion?

Hansen of 3 career pro fights, should drop against Bollig?

Explain why bad ass "juice" Bieksa jumps Stalberg who's never been in any fights?

Hansen has no problems getting in the mix in the SJ game

He had no problem cheapshotting Ference in the Cup finals (if you're a Bruins fan, you'd remember) and he had a spear he got away with in the same series

So if he wants to jump for the puck and accidently elbow Hossa in the back of the head.. maybe he needs to answer the bell face to face with someone

Abstract

Apr 14, 2009
So..... using the Canucks logic.... we purposefully withheld one of our star players in order to get one of their randoms suspended for a game not against us?

Suuuuuuuure.....

Wow that is quite a stretch. 10 minutes mandatory in the quiet room, history of concussions, smart to sit out = "purposefully withheld star player".

You made that leap, not me.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Wow that is quite a stretch. 10 minutes mandatory in the quiet room, history of concussions, smart to sit out = "purposefully withheld star player".

You made that leap, not me.

Yeah, that's the point.... it was a smart move to sit him out. However, Hansen effectively came out and said he's not surprised Hossa isn't injured and Nucks fans are yucking it up about Hossa not even missing a game and yet Hansen is out, so.... yeah, that is the message being sent from the B.C, as if the Hawks would intentionally hold back one of their best players to stick it to the Nucks to suspend a player that doesn't really matter in a game that wouldn't be against us.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Big bad Bieksa loves to go after people who don't fight. At least Bollig had a reason to go after Hansen. It's hilarious how many times Bieksa will try to take a run at Kane throughout the game. A good fight would be Bieksa vs Sharp

Last edited:

Abstract

Apr 14, 2009
Look at his post history, he's clearly a Canucks fans. His other posts were in the Torres/Hossa thread and a Nucks/Preds GDT...

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/search.php?searchid=19255579

Crazy that I would watch the Canucks, while living in the city, for shame I posted in a GDT.

Torres / Hossa I thought was an odd one at the time. Playing hockey my whole life I didn't think it was late, the more I see it now though I just think why would Torres even do that? No respect. In fact I am sick of seeing that hit, it is gross.

Sort of like Oliver on Tarasenko last night..... yah I guess by the rule book you didn't do anything wrong, but that was just a dick move.

Abstract

Apr 14, 2009
I'm just happy that the players on the ice refuse to let this rivalry die.

I went to the game in Vancouver, and that game was so flat, it was painful. Add to the fact the Vancouver crowd is awful, I could have just napped the whole time.

Going to see Phoenix on Tuesday, want to see OEL I am bringing a pillow.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Yes very serious. I am curious why you think he would or should have to drop the gloves against Bollig?

And don't let my city fool you, I am a Bruins fan. So your default "Vancouver fan" defense is moot.

All of the Canucks fans, or at least most were saying that Keith should have to fight Kassian or someone bigger than him in our first matchup this year because of the hit Keith had on Sedin last year. If they wanted Keith to fight Kassian, then in all fairness, Hansen should fight Bollig using that logic.

I don't think that Hansen should have to fight a bigger player than him. That's just stupid. Some Hawk should just lay him out legally with a nice solid hit and leave it alone, if they even spend any time worrying about it. Best way to beat them is always on the scoreboard.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
All of the Canucks fans, or at least most were saying that Keith should have to fight Kassian or someone bigger than him in our first matchup this year because of the hit Keith had on Sedin last year. If they wanted Keith to fight Kassian, then in all fairness, Hansen should fight Bollig using that logic.

I don't think that Hansen should have to fight a bigger player than him. That's just stupid. Some Hawk should just lay him out legally with a nice solid hit and leave it alone, if they even spend any time worrying about it. Best way to beat them is always on the scoreboard.

Some Canucks fan was arguing that Keith and Kassian were the same weight class last night. An absolute joke.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
So he should drop against Bollig? That is your logical conclusion?

Hansen of 3 career pro fights, should drop against Bollig?

Just as much as Keith should of fought Kassian or Weiss. My logical conclusion is that Hansen is a little ***** that probably wouldn't even drop them with Shaw.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
he'd drop the gloves, just so long as he was behind the guy and could sucker punch him in the back of the head

sketch22

Jul 18, 2011
The next game is going to be very interesting if Carbomb is healthy and back in the line up. He isn't a big guy so maybe Hansen will drop them with him and if not Danny is bat**** enough to just start running people on the Nucks.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Explain why bad ass "juice" Bieksa jumps Stalberg who's never been in any fights?

Hansen has no problems getting in the mix in the SJ game

He had no problem cheapshotting Ference in the Cup finals (if you're a Bruins fan, you'd remember) and he had a spear he got away with in the same series

So if he wants to jump for the puck and accidently elbow Hossa in the back of the head.. maybe he needs to answer the bell face to face with someone

In the first meeting he accidently slashed Bolland as well. At the time I felt it was not on purpose but he was wielding that stick like an axe, again quite recklessly, just like the recklessness of his forearm to Hossa's skull. Are these types of accidents really "accidently on purpose"? You gotta wonder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad