Post-Game Talk: Home vs Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
I like Fiala's potential and I like what I see from him at various levels....AHL, NHL, International play, whatever. He's inconsistent sometimes but hell, who isn't on our team? I don't think anyone is really gushing over him, they're just optimistic in the player he could become because of his age. It's fine to look at a 20 year old top prospect and search for the positives, not negatives. No big deal. If you can't buy alcohol yet, I'm not about to judge what kind of career you're gonna have.

He can join a military and fight a war though. A little more important than purchasing a drug.

And again. If people can post postIve stuff. People can post negative stuff.

This isn't a safe zone.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
He can join a military and fight a war though. A little more important than purchasing a drug.

This isn't a safe zone.

Ok then, where is the criticism for Forsberg, Smith, Wilson, and Ribeiro? Until last night Forsberg had scored just as many goals as Fiala in more games. If you are going to be critical at least call everyone who is sucking out.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

This isn't a safe zone.
Jesus Christ, yeah that's what I was implying. I was just using a notable age threshold where the perception is you're really young until you reach it.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
Ok then, where is the criticism for Forsberg, Smith, Wilson, and Ribeiro? Until last night Forsberg had scored just as many goals as Fiala in more games. If you are going to be critical at least call everyone who is sucking out.

Fair point.

I said Wilson and smith should be exposed.

Sophomore slump for scoresberg finally picking it up though. Although Fiala scored his goals against AHL goalies.

Ribs I said should be traded at TDL because this isn't a playoff team at this point.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
Jesus Christ, yeah that's what I was implying. I was just using a notable age threshold where the perception is you're really young until you reach it.

I never mentioned age in my criticism of him. You did.

Point is he was drafted to produce and hasn't.

Phototropic

Feb 4, 2012
Chattanooga
And you addressed one problem in Rinne. The other problem is if they come down on a 2 on 1, our defender is not stopping the pass across. Do that and Rinne doesn't have to move across, he can square himself to the guy with the puck and that gives him a much better chance at a save. In any sport when you have a 2 on 1 the defender has to take away the pass and we fail to do that time and time again.
Just finished the game and agree completely on that. It's pretty obvious he expected Josi to play the off man as he should and chose to stick more with the puck carrier. Not sure if Josi was just gassed or what, but he might as well not have been on the ice as Pekka would at least respect the pass across at that point.

IMO there is enough blame to go around for all the players and coaches as to why they aren't clicking and winning games. Let's just hope they figure it out and soon and start winning games. Right now we should just stop focusing on getting into the playoffs and just start focus on winning the next game. This team needs to take one game at a time. They should start looking at every game as a playoff game.
Agreed with this is well. It's easy to point out 10 different things this team is poor at, whether coaching related, captaincy (never a fan of this one as none of us have the first idea what goes on behind closed doors), or on ice play. If anyone knew exactly what the problem is it would be fixed.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin

As opposed to players that are drafted to not produce.

What you seem to be missing is he's a 20 year old getting 4th line minutes and no PP time. Lavy isn't exactly putting him in a position to score a lot.

Remember he was playing really good hockey when Neal was out and he was getting 15-17 minutes per game?

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
Just finished the game and agree completely on that. It's pretty obvious he expected Josi to play the off man as he should and chose to stick more with the puck carrier. Not sure if Josi was just gassed or what, but he might as well not have been on the ice as Pekka would at least respect the pass across at that point.

Agreed with this is well. It's easy to point out 10 different things this team is poor at, whether coaching related, captaincy (never a fan of this one as none of us have the first idea what goes on behind closed doors), or on ice play. If anyone knew exactly what the problem is it would be fixed.
I was never a fan of fisher given that captaincy.

I thought it should be player voted.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
As opposed to players that are drafted to not produce.

What you seem to be missing is he's a 20 year old getting 4th line minutes and no PP time. Lavy isn't exactly putting him in a position to score a lot.

Remember he was playing really good hockey when Neal was out and he was getting 15-17 minutes per game?

Yes players are drafted not to produce /s

He was given every opportunity to succeed more than arvy. Was he playing well?

Last I checked it was smith not Fiala getting 4th line treatment and Fiala got 16+ minutes against LA. And again what do you do with a 5'10 forward who isn't top 6?

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

He's not lighting the world on fire but....yes, at 20 years old..... he's on pace for 17 goals (over an 82 game season). Only 4 guys with us had more than 17 last season. I don't think that's exactly "not producing". I'll admit that he's not racking up assists but IMO he's doing a bit more than your criticism seems to justify. And you're right, he was drafted to produce, just not really at 20 years old. No one really is drafted to perform at that age. Not many do.

Believe me I'm all about criticizing guys who underperform or haven't filled their potential, I just don't think this is the time or place for it.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Last I checked it was smith not Fiala getting 4th line treatment and Fiala got 16+ minutes against LA. And again what do you do with a 5'10 forward who isn't top 6?

Of forwards who have played at least 20 games for the Preds this year, only Sissons and Watson average less ice time than Fiala.

You are failing miserably at this.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
He's not lighting the world on fire but....yes, at 20 years old..... he's on pace for 17 goals (over an 82 game season). Only 4 guys with us had more than 17 last season. I don't think that's exactly "not producing". I'll admit that he's not racking up assists but IMO he's doing a bit more than your criticism seems to justify. And you're right, he was drafted to produce, just not really at 20 years old. No one really is drafted to perform at that age. Not many do.

Believe me I'm all about criticizing guys who underperform or haven't filled their potential, I just don't think this is the time or place for it.

That's dépendant on how many back up goalies he plays.

He scored all his goals on back up goalies.

Explain that

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
That's dépendant on how many back up goalies he plays.

He scored all his goals on back up goalies.

Explain that
Arvidsson has 9 goals. One on Lehtonen (who sucks), one on Varlamov (who sucks), one on Bishop (who is in an off year) and six against "backups". Who cares?

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
http://www.foxsports.com/nhl/nashville-predators-team-stats?season=2016&category=ICE+TIME&time=0

If we're going by TOI our lines are

Forsberg-Johansen-Neal
Ribeiro-Fisher-Arvidsson
Wilson-Jarnkrok-Smith
Fiala-Sissons-Watson

After that it's guys like Aberg, Bass, Smith, Salomaki, Gaudreau and Liambas.

And those look like decent lines minus an undersized player on the bottom 6.

At least Watson has size so even if he doesn't produce he can still contribute to an nhl club.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
Arvidsson has 9 goals. One on Lehtonen (who sucks), one on Varlamov (who sucks), one on Bishop (who is in an off year) and six against "backups". Who cares?

True,

But no ones claimed arvy from draft to be the top six forward that was bestowed upon to Fiala.

But both are undersized.

What team do you want the preds to be? What teams win the stanley cup? How are they comprised?

A myriad of under six footers including the goalie with no defensive defensmen?

I'm happy arvy is succedding. But if you think the preds will win a cup with arvy, sali, boucher, Ribeiro, jarnkrok, Ellis, Fiala, saros, and subban. All six foot and below You might as well expect a service team to win a national championship in college football.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
True,

But no ones claimed arvy from draft to be the top six forward that was bestowed upon to Fiala.

But both are undersized.

What team do you want the preds to be? What teams win the stanley cup? How are they comprised?

A myriad of under six footers including the goalie with no defensive defensmen?

I'm happy arvy is succedding. But if you think the preds will win a cup with arvy, sali, boucher, Ribeiro, jarnkrok, Ellis, Fiala, saros, and subban. All six foot and below You might as well expect a service team to win a national championship in college football.
This is getting ridiculous but my first thought was I've always been jealous of either LA or Tampa's organization. (This decade)

So, here's this I guess http://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/TBL/2015.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad