GDT: Home Cookin' - Blues (11-3-1, 1st in West) @ Devils (9-3-1, 2nd in East), 7 PM, MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
severson has been somewhat underwhelming, but still not a fan of it. figured lovejoy would stay in, considering he was pretty solid last game (not just saying it bc he had two points)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If you're set on keeping Lovejoy in the lineup for a game I guess it has to be either Severson or Butcher (given the lack of recent PP's) to come out or go with the dopey 7-11 lineup again. Greene's playing, Santini's playing if healthy, don't really want to take Mueller out while he's showing improvement, and Moore's never going to be part of the merry-go-round.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Severson has sucked ass. No problem with him sitting a game or being used less in others for a while.

Reactions: liquid1988

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Fine with Severson being scratched. Can’t have him thinking there is no competition (even if there isn’t). He’s got to be better in the long term.

Reactions: The 29th Pick

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The part is that Severson is sitting because Lovejoy scored two points the other night. Because he really wasn’t anything special, other than that.

He better not become a regular, unless one of the other 6 is gonna be missing games due to injury.

Reactions: Darkauron

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
have a feeling the devils get a "gritty" 5-3 win. coming back from a 3-1 deficit to do it

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Like the fifth time you have said this this year and it still hasn’t happened.
Last game was a season high in icetime by 3 minutes.

He wasn’t even good, outside of scoring two points.

Remember when he kept icing the puck late in the game?

The only thing he’s good at is the PK, which is because he can ice the puck without penalty.

His corsi stats weren’t good last game (although he was heavily used in the D-zone which might skew things). And while I’ve said that I don’t always agree with single game stats, he was noticeably poor on the eyes before I even had a look at those stats. This is why he needs to be bought out after this season, so there’s absolutely no temptation to play him.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I have no problem with Sevs sitting, it'll do him good, he's got so much potential, he can be better.

This is going to be a tough one tonight, we've been awful against the Blues for a long time. Threw this one together incase there wasn't a GDT (thanks MadDog again!) with the stats for the matchup if anyone is interested.

PrHlk3r.jpg

Reactions: Ripshot 43

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
Why are people saying its Lovejoy for Severson? It's Santini for Severson for now....obviously its a "wake up idiot" message, not a "we think the contract we gave you is a mistake because you've been underwhemling as of late". Relax people

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Why are people saying its Lovejoy for Severson? It's Santini for Severson for now....obviously its a "wake up idiot" message, not a "we think the contract we gave you is a mistake because you've been underwhemling as of late". Relax people
Because Lovejoy was only in last game because Santini had an upper body injury.

And when Severson doesn’t play, that pretty much is almost a surefire bet that you’re gonna see 20 minutes of Lovejoy. They’ve been heavily using Santini and when he was out, Lovejoy’s icetime increased by exactly 3 minutes from his prior game and previous season high.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Hope he proves me wrong but I can't shake a hunch that Severson is more or less indifferent to getting scratched for a game.

I don't recall it yielded noticeable improvements following several occasions last year when he was scratched as well.

Is he on the record much at all with regard to his relationship with Hynes? Could it be that the two just have differences?

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I kind of like Severson sitting. Players have to know no one is untouchable. Once you go down the rabbit hole of "that was a bad game(s), you're sitting", as Hynes has done, you need to do it all the way.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Hope he proves me wrong but I can't shake a hunch that Severson is more or less indifferent to getting scratched for a game.

I don't recall it yielded noticeable improvements following several occasions last year when he was scratched as well.

Is he on the record much at all with regard to his relationship with Hynes? Could it be that the two just have differences?
Several occasions? He played all but 2 games last year.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
I'm perfectly fine with him sitting, I'm just doubtful it will yield positives either way. I've been pretty quiet regarding Severson so far this year but he's underachieving to a fault. I also don't think he's upped his game and compete level like most of the roster has this year.

At any rate not worth debating... LGD

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
This is the exact kind of team I thought would give the Devils fits before the injuries to Palms and Mojo. I don't have a good feeling about this one. Big, strong, highly structured opponents seem to eat this team alive, even if they aren't fleet of foot.

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
God, I hate when the Islanders are on MSG+ and we’re relegated to +2 in our own state. Oh well it’s not like I wanted to watch in HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese