Speculation: Holtby or Neuvirth?

I Am Score*

I would drop Holtby for anyone at this point in Fantasy Hockey.

I'm pretty good at fantasy hockey and dont' see him becoming a legitimate starter until the fantasy playoffs, so unless every team gets in in your league, I don't see him doing anything for you.

If Jonas Hiller is somehow available, take him. If not, take Neuvirth.

Brad Tolliver

Terror Goes Into
Feb 17, 2004
Overtime
If you actually care about your fantasy hockey team you should probably have been drafting goalies from better teams than the Caps to being with.

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Well since you guys are talking about fantasy hockey, I dont have any Capitals goalies on my roster I was curious who will be the bonafide starter. Since were on the topic of fantasy hockey my goalies are weak I have Bryzgalov, Luongo, and Theodore, Some goalies on waivers are Kiprusoff, Neuvirth, Nabokov, Scrivens, in other words I gotta trade to get a good goalie.

I Am Score*

Well since you guys are talking about fantasy hockey, I dont have any Capitals goalies on my roster I was curious who will be the bonafide starter. Since were on the topic of fantasy hockey my goalies are weak I have Bryzgalov, Luongo, and Theodore, Some goalies on waivers are Kiprusoff, Neuvirth, Nabokov, Scrivens, in other words I gotta trade to get a good goalie.

Take Kiprusoff then, at least he starts.

Bryz should have a better season if Flyers get going but losing Hartnell definitley doesn't help. Luongo is a big if at this point, but if he gets traded to a team like Edmonton or something then he can start the remainder of the season. It's all about when he does though.

Also like I said, Jonas Hiller. Seriously. Majority of the starts this season, he'll get played the hell out of. Even Crawford is a great option this season.

For credentials I have:

Corey Crawford
Pekka Rinne
Tuuka Rask
Martin Brodeur

regard

Nov 9, 2009
Staal Debates
Thanks guys. This was our first season with 12 instead of 10 players and I neglected the goalie situation. It doesnt help that Smith is my best one and hes hurt and started poorly. If he was healthy and playing well I wouldnt even be worried about it.

Every other year I could find a decent to good young goalie midseason to be my third(Ive had Neuvirth before). That options not going to present itself this year.

IkeaMonkey*

If you actually care about your fantasy hockey team you should probably have been drafting goalies from better teams than the Caps to being with.

Oh, Good Brad, don't be mean. The Caps didn't look too god awful on paper and no one knew Oates would be this terrible.

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
Neuvirth has been stellar. I'd credit him for the win at NJ more than anything else. He made some good saves yesterday too. It will be interesting to see Holtby back in with a lineup that has a better idea of what's expected of them. But right now I'm guessing Neuvirth is it until he proves otherwise.

Neuvy was great against the Devils but we still lost. The problem here has been about everything - not just goaltending. Once the guys start performing better within the system (assuming they do) we'll get a better idea of which goaltender is playing better. For now, both are gettting left out to dry on a regular basis but Neuvy has handled it better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad