GDT: WQSF | I | "Regularly Scheduled Programming" | Oilers @ Canucks | Rogers Arena | 5.8.24 | 8:00PM | SN/CBC

LW1, I choose you!

• Mattias Janmark

• Warren Foegele

• Connor Brown

• Dylan Holloway

• Corey Perry

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
How has Brown looked in previous playoffs?

Meh

1715195722854.png

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Yeah this is the worst part with mild asthma --in the USA at least--insurance tries to push you into the hardcore steroidal drugs with crazy side effects instead of Albuterol which is 100% effective for mild asthma and has no side effects... It's crazy to me.
Hopefully they’ve moved on and joined the Canucks medical staff

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Starting off G1 with a win would be huge.
Here's hoping as this will be a tough series.
Go Oilers.
Game 1 could be defining. Take a game in their barn and get them on their heels. It might just set the tone of the series, don’t let them get ahead of us in the game or the series

Reactions: Porkleaker

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Does anybody know if Henrique has even made the trip to Vancouver? Have a feeling that Holloway may step up and grab that spot... Holloway's coming out party these playoffs.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Huh? All of them should be top 6 winners that’s why they are called top 6 … issue with the oil is they have not had any young draft pick step up right away like Dallas for instance
We have six top 6 forwards - McDavid, Draisaitl, Nuge, Kane, Hyman and Henrique. I'm asking how many extra top six wingers we need for it to be acceptable?

I agree that our drafting and development has been lackluster. That's why I wasn't too concerned that they traded our 1st for Carrick and Henrique this year. We probably wouldn't have hit on the pick anyway, so we may as well use it on help now.

Reactions: Porkleaker

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
We have six top 6 forwards - McDavid, Draisaitl, Nuge, Kane, Hyman and Henrique. I'm asking how many extra top six wingers we need for it to be acceptable?

I agree that our drafting and development has been lackluster. That's why I wasn't too concerned that they traded our 1st for Carrick and Henrique this year. We probably wouldn't have hit on the pick anyway, so we may as well use it on help now.
Fact is take out Henrique and put any random Oiler there and the Oilers still have one of, if not the best top 6 in the league.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Does anybody know if Henrique has even made the trip to Vancouver? Have a feeling that Holloway may step up and grab that spot... Holloway's coming out party these playoffs.
I hope he does. He has shown flashes of having the skill to do it. It wouldn't surprise me if they plan to rotate guys in and out of that spot - including Draisaitl, if they need a tie up goal or go ahead goal. I'm glad they didn't just pencil Holloway into that spot though. He should feel comfortable knowing that his spot is on the 3rd line and not stress about being the first go-to option for McDavid.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Fact is take out Henrique and put any random Oiler there and the Oilers still have one of, if not the best top 6 in the league.
I agree. This is why I'm not too concerned with Janmark starting there. He's a veteran, responsible defensively, and goes to the dirty areas to battle for pucks. As long as he doesn't cost the line momentum, doesn't cost any goals, and frees up some pucks for McDavid to work his magic, he should be fine on the top line. People seem to forget that Janmark has been to the dance before. He knows how to play playoff hockey, has done so for other playoff teams in the recent past, and has contributed some while doing so.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I expect 1LW to be done by committee until Henrique is back. Looks like they are starting Janmark there. That should be okay, as he is good along the boards and can dig pucks out. If they need to have a little bit more of a shooting threat, I could see them swapping Holloway or maybe even Foegele up for short times. I would prefer to keep the 3rd line mostly intact though, I like the Perry - McLeod - Holloway unit from last series. They have speed with McLeod and Holloway, a hard working net front and corners presence in Perry, and a one shot scoring threat in Holloway. A good 3rd line will be a key piece in any success we have. I don't like the idea of Brown getting top line icetime on a regular basis though. He's going to be rusty, and even though he was looking way better at the end of the season than he was for most of it, I question his skill level at this point in his career, as far as a top six role goes.

It really sucks that our trade deadline pickups are out this game, ha ha.

Jinxes aren't real. If we lose now, it's not because of some awful PR video that was made to support the team.
That third line has been good at suppressing shots too

Reactions: ManofSteel55

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
So you want us to have how many top six wingers exactly? Just curious.

Our other options also include our 3rd line wingers, but that line worked really well last series. It's more likely that McDavid can produce with Janmark on his wing than it is for our 3rd line to produce with one of Ryan or Brown on it.
All Janmark needs to do is force turnovers and give it to McDavid ASAP. When Janmark starts to suck the scoring out of a line is when he tries to hang on to the puck too long and has nowhere to go but behind the net. That works on the 4th line- but you're killing the fist line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad