Holloway and Broberg or Zegras and Guhle

Holloway and Broberg or Zegras and Guhle?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Of course I'm biased toward the Oilers, but I really do prefer the guys we have. Broberg to me is the best of the 4, and Guhle is probably the worst of the 4. Zegras is ahead of Holloway, so the ranking is:

Broberg
Zegras
Holloway
Guhle

and I honestly think Holloway has pretty decent potential - he's big, fast, and can shoot, which is a great combo.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Of course I'm biased toward the Oilers, but I really do prefer the guys we have. Broberg to me is the best of the 4, and Guhle is probably the worst of the 4. Zegras is ahead of Holloway, so the ranking is:

Broberg
Zegras
Holloway
Guhle

and I honestly think Holloway has pretty decent potential - he's big, fast, and can shoot, which is a great combo.

I'd go Zegras Holloway Broberg Guhle in their draft years, but I really REALLY don't want Guhle. I don't think he's even a first round talent. The rest easily are.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I'd go Zegras Holloway Broberg Guhle in their draft years, but I really REALLY don't want Guhle. I don't think he's even a first round talent. The rest easily are.

Agreed on that last point. I would have gone Zegras over Broberg last year, but Broberg has really developed well over the last year and also with the Klefbom situation I'll take him over Zegras today.

Reactions: Aerrol

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Why Ghule and not Amirov?

Zegras + Amirov is a whole lotta skill that could be NHL ready as soon as a year from now

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
How do you have hindsight on four players who have all done the exact same thing in the NHL? That being nothing?

Reactions: McOilers97

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I don’t think Zegras will be that great in the NHL. He’s a good playmaker but I can see him passing 15 goals at the NHL level.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Zegras over Broberg by every measurable way to date.

Holloway over Guhle.

Reactions: LTIR

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I'd have taken Zegras and Reichel. Both high talents with good hockey IQ. Could have added Draisaitl his fellow countrymen too. The Broberg pick is looking good but I'd still swap him for Zegras.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Zegras over Broberg by every measurable way to date.

Holloway over Guhle.

i'm actually quite happy with the Broberg pick so i picked Holloway/Broberg ! and people are missing the point with Holloway....maybe he won't be as offensively gifted as some chosen after him but he fills a big future need for a guy who's tough to play against, and after the playoff sh!t show against the Hawks this was evident, but still has great size and speed and potential to be a great NHL point producer ! THAT is why he was taken and he certainly wasn't a reach at #14 as he was ranked in that general area. o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: snipes and Oilhawks

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
People who voted for Zegras and Guhle. Can you please share your mind on why you voted that way?

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
i'm actually quite happy with the Broberg pick so i picked Holloway/Broberg ! and people are missing the point with Holloway....maybe he won't be as offensively gifted as some chosen after him but he fills a big future need for a guy who's tough to play against, and after the playoff sh!t show against the Hawks this was evident, but still has great size and speed and potential to be a great NHL point producer ! THAT is why he was taken and he certainly wasn't a reach at #14 as he was ranked in that general area. o_O

We agree on Holloway...

I was ignoring the pairing and saying Zegras and Holloway are the two best picks.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Zegras
Broberg
-
Holloway
-
-
Guhle
There really isn't a big gap (if any) between Holloway and Guhle. Havent seen him play live but it seems like he is comparable to Nurse and might be much better than Broberg at NHL level.
Having said that, the poll should have been Amirov who was selected right after our pick instead of Guhle.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Holloway and Guhle are both safe picks. Both teams also drafted high upside players right after with Tullio and Mysak. Neither teams lost here imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad