Holland's days numbered or un-numbered?

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga
The way this guy's responded to benching early on in the season should be an indication that he's a keeper. Whether its in a top 6 or bottom 6 role (more likely) that's still yet to be determined, but he has shown compete. It also seems like this guy loves being a leaf and everything that comes with it. When Shanny mentioned the orgnaization seeking players that love to play for this logo, Holland seems like a guy that stands out as epitomizing what that means.

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
Wish they'd give him an extended look on the wing on one of the top two lines - his PPG at even strength had him with the likes of Grabner and other stiffs and I think he would do just fine with some better players on his line.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
He did the same thing last season. Started out like garbage, got dropped down the lineup, then started playing better. But in the New Year he was back to his old disinterested game. Let's hope it doesn't go that way again.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
numbered. very average at everything except for his shot (hes got a good release), doesnt use his size very well and isnt dynamic enough to get create space for himself to use his shot.

Hockey Talker29

Oct 10, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
He's interesting. Some days he looks like he can be very nifty around the net, and may have top-6 potential. Other days he looks like he's just not NHL caliber in a scoring role.

I don't see the good version of him enough. He's been great since he got back, but he was completely invisible beforehand, which prompted the benching.

Nonetheless, I'd actually like to see him and Kadri center the top two scoring lines. If Holland can improve in an increased role, I'd prefer to move out Bozak, and extend Holland on the cheap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad