Holland Extended 4 Years

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Letting Filp go was a HORRIBLE decision because we ended up paying more for Weiss and on the same length. Should have resigned Filp. That was the HUGE mistake that led to all our current issues. Definitely was THE turning point.
First of all, the Wings offered Filppula a 7-year deal and he turned it down. He wanted to leave. I'm assuming he was sick of playing for Babcock.

Secondly, that was hardly the turning point. If we had to pin down a turning point, it would be Suter signing with Minnesota. I don't blame Holland for it (I blame Parise and Suter's fiancee), but that would've changed the course of the franchise.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
Luckily for K.H, This off-season all panned out relatively well despite failing to sign a RH D and apart from resigning Q and Clear with too much salary. Luckily the kids (Ny,Tat,Glen,Shea) are ready to step up. They know the system of the R.W's now and know what to expect in Reg and Post Seasons.

I think this offseason was a disaster.

Letting Filp go was a HORRIBLE decision because we ended up paying more for Weiss and on the same length. Should have resigned Filp. That was the HUGE mistake that led to all our current issues. Definitely was THE turning point.

Filppula's departure created difficulties in scoring, weakness on the blueline, and a rash of injuries? Huh? Exactly what do you think was different from the 2013 season to the 2013-2014 season? Were Filppula's 17 points in the regular season and six in the playoffs truly missed?

How about no?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I think this offseason was a disaster.

Filppula's departure created difficulties in scoring, weakness on the blueline, and a rash of injuries? Huh? Exactly what do you think was different from the 2013 season to the 2013-2014 season? Were Filppula's 17 points in the regular season and six in the playoffs truly missed?

How about no?

We missed Filppula's skating and zone-entry skill. But maybe nothing else. Part of that was replaced internally (Tatar & co.)...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad