Confirmed with Link: Holden to Boston for Rob O'Gara + 2018 3rd round pick

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Holden adds depth. He can also play RD. Teams are always looking to stock up for the playoffs. You don’t get Holden to play in your top four in the playoffs.

Sure, but can you really envision Sweeney saying, "well give me Holden now and let's keep talking about McDonagh"? Seems like a very weird sequence of events unless Boston is going to engage a 3rd team somehow.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Long Island boy. Anyone know anything about him?

See ya Holden. You were surprisingly competent for a while last year and then in the playoffs turned into a bad Junior B caliber player and played a major hand in us blowing what was our last gasp of contending.

Good riddance.

Holden is a fine #6. AV's usage is mostly to blame for his shortcomings but even so, Holden was so transcendently awful in the playoffs last year that he bears a fair share of responsibility.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Sure, but can you really envision Sweeney saying, "well give me Holden now and let's keep talking about McDonagh"? Seems like a very weird sequence of events unless Boston is going to engage a 3rd team somehow.

Yeah I see Boston as being out of that running. Who knows though, I guess.

It’s amazing to me how many times there’s smoke coming from two organizations, people speculate about a trade but get the target wrong in the end.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
And awaaaay we go! Good job!..This morning I woke up with a strong feeling that today was the day McD would be traded. Toronto could use him desperately and they certainly have a wealth of assets that we need. Aquiring McD could put Toronto instantly in SERIOUSLY strong contention. Wouldn't you think? I think they need him more, than wanting Taveras (which has been rumoured).

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
And awaaaay we go! Good job!..This morning I woke up with a strong feeling that today was the day McD would be traded. Toronto could use him desperately and they certainly have a wealth of assets that we need. Aquiring McD could put Toronto instantly in SERIOUSLY strong contention. Wouldn't you think? I think they need him more, than wanting Taveras (which has been rumoured).
mac for marner and first

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad