Confirmed with Link: Holden to Boston for Rob O'Gara + 2018 3rd round pick

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
Because if people are paying 3rds for bad defensemen imagine what they’ll pay for an actual star defenseman.

Just think its a whole different ball game when you are talking about actual valuable assets. Not depth defensemen and 3rd round picks.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Yeah I see Boston as being out of that running. Who knows though, I guess.

It’s amazing to me how many times there’s smoke coming from two organizations, people speculate about a trade but get the target wrong in the end.

Yeah it does work out that way more often than not. But I think it was a good deal for both sides.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
gave up a 4th for the guy. he had a decent season where he posted a 30+ point season.

Getting a 3rd in return is a win. Getting a 3rd and another asset is a big win.

Very smooth move there GMJG

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
More mid round ammo for a team that has done fairly well in the 3rd over the past drafts (Day, Saarela, Buch, Duke).

If we could nab a 2nd this year in a deal, to go with an extra 1st, having 6 picks in the top 93 would be a great start to restocking.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
i was a big fan of O'Gara, if it wasn't for the sudden rise of Carlo and McAvoy he'd be in the NHL today.

High IQ, low risk, good skater, solid defensive game but he doesn't have much offensive upside

he will definitely be on your 3rd pairing either this year or the next

I like hearing that. You say he’s high IQ and low risk. How’s his first pass in the D zone? Obviously he’s not an outlet passer, because his offensive numbers would be much higher, but a good defensive D in today’s game has to be able to make a good, short first pass.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
i was a big fan of O'Gara, if it wasn't for the sudden rise of Carlo and McAvoy he'd be in the NHL today.

High IQ, low risk, good skater, solid defensive game but he doesn't have much offensive upside

he will definitely be on your 3rd pairing either this year or the next

He sounds intriguing. The Rangers have a few puck movers now so a guy who can play a sound defensive game may be of some interest to them

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Some more on O'Gara, whom I asked about on the B's board.

O'Gara has potential to be a bottom pair guy if given a chance. He's 24 years old, but only has 11 NHL games. Just passed the 100 game mark for Providence, where he's been a steady player. Good skater, and good defensively, but not sure he has a lot of offensive upside. I think he's more than just AHL fodder.

6/7 is his upside. Which at 25 and counting he hasn't hit yet. And wont here.

I believe him to be a tweener.
NHL/AHL..
Mostly AHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad