Friedman: Hoffman is on the trade block in Ottawa

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Isles 1st (11th) and MDC? Might be willing to do the 12th and JHS instead, but have to think about that a little longer.

Or maybe I can go off the rails:

Karlsson and Hoffman for:

Both Isles 1st round picks, Bellows, Anders Lee.

Yeah, guess i'm going to get roasted for that one...

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
The issue isn't Hoffman.

The issue is having to sign him and pay him big money for his 31-36 year old seasons. Philly won't do that.

In the mean time you still get him to 2 seasons, which is pretty good. Then you can decide to re-sign him, or not.

I also love how players being 31-36 are automatically crap, or not very good now.

Reactions: Critical

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
In the mean time you still get him to 2 seasons, which is pretty good. Then you can decide to re-sign him, or not.

I also love how players being 31-36 are automatically crap, or not very good now.

No one is saying that. But players in that age have lots of risk especially to a team who's window for winning should be opening. Hoffman is no different than Wayne Simmonds who I have said the same things about. I don't want to pay for that 6 million+ contract for the declining 31-36 year old seasons.

The Flyers did not trade 25 year old Brayden Schenn with 3 years on his deal for 2 1st rounders, only to trade away the equivalent for 2 years of Hoffman. It just does not match their timeline in what the Flyers are doing.

To a contender? Hell yeah. Go add him if you can. After all....I did say it was not Hoffman...it was the contract. If Hoffman had 4 years left on his deal, then I would have no issue with the Flyers going after him.

The Flyers have their 2 30+ contracts for their top 6 in Giroux and Voracek for the next 4-6 years. They don't need another. Would gladly add Stone instead of Hoffman.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I am a billionaire whether you like it or not.

Hey did that work? No? You mean you can't just say it and expect it to be true?

DiscreteOrneryHermitcrab-max-1mb.gif

Well if you look at the trade history of a Hoffman esque player they return more than a late first. It wont take you long to do the research if you dont believe me.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Except he's not.
Just takes 30 seconds of research to see what types of players return that have his skillset and score as much as he does. I dare you to do it. Also havent you found it odd that other teams fans in this thread are all offering more than you say he wont go for. Or are these consistencies not fitting into your personal narrative?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Just takes 30 seconds of research to see what types of players return that have his skillset and score as much as he does. I dare you to do it. Also havent you found it odd that other teams fans in this thread are all offering more than you say he wont go for. Or are these consistencies not fitting into your personal narrative?
if he were worth a Bluechip prospect, he wouldn't be in Ottawa. He would of been traded at the TDL

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
As others on the Jackets board have mentioned this could be a good grab for the Jackets. However I'm sure Id be hesitant because of the cost.

Panarin-PLD-Atkinson
Hoffman-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand

:thumbu::thumbu:

It doesn't matter, it doesn't address anything for the Sens, and just telling you Sens don't ahve the right players for Jenner. It's either Bjorkstrand or Nutivaara, or bust. Your definition of Carlsson is basically telling me "at least he isn't fully useless at the NHL stage." The fact Jenner got 16 points in his last 19 games while scoring 16 points in the previous 56 is scary. Besides Jenner is a god awful player in every single metrics on a team that is middle of the pack in possession stats.

Something involving Vitali Abramov? I'm quoting both of you here in hopes of getting both a CBJ and OTT perspective.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
The :blues want nothing to do with Hoffman at the cost of Thomas/Kyrou/Dunn. We have other Prospects and picks that a deal can be focused around. If :sens fans are not interested outside the three listed that’s okay and understandable.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I would love Hoffman on Buffalo, but I think we make pretty bad trade partners.
Best we could do would be: (and this is both too much from Buffalo in quantity, and not enough for Ottawa in quality)
32nd OA 2018, Alex Nylander, Cliff Pu (or equivalent)

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
a base deal around Hoffman for Fabbri makes sense i think

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I would love Hoffman on Buffalo, but I think we make pretty bad trade partners.
Best we could do would be: (and this is both too much from Buffalo in quantity, and not enough for Ottawa in quality)
32nd OA 2018, Alex Nylander, Cliff Pu (or equivalent)

Id do that, I havent given up on Nylander though and by the sounds of it most people have? Seems early to me.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
He absolutely is your ignorance of the situation just shows your motive.
When he's moved and returns a top prospect, you'll be correct. Till then, he's not. Blues wanted him all season but Armstrong wouldn't budge on moving a top prospect.
It was either him or Brassard, and Hoffman's chemistry with Duchene down the stretch changed all that.

So Brassard was the guy that was shipped out.

maxresdefault.jpg

Both were available. You may be right in that it made his value to Ottawa climb but Hoffman was available and apparently still is

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Both were available. You may be right in that it made his value to Ottawa climb but Hoffman was available and apparently still is

We don't know anything about what has changed between now and then.

Everyone is available at the right price.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
We don't know anything about what has changed between now and then.

Everyone is available at the right price.
I'm just going off of what Armstrong insinuated. After the Stastny trade, he was still trying to bring in another top 6 player, who believed to be Hoffman. He tried to take a prospect out of the ask and replace it with a 1st. He wanted Hoffman all last year from TC when Fabbri went down

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I'm a Sens fan but realize trading Hoffman would be for the best. Him to Edmonton for a 2018 2nd, Pool Party and Nurse would make sense to me.
29 other fan bases would be pissed that their GM didn't fleece Chiarelli with their similar winger.

I wouldn't trade Nurse straight up for him, and I'm a gambler so I'd pass on Puljujarvi too(yes I know he's a bust despite being 19 years old this past season).

I'll stick to 2019 1st(gets Ottawa back in next year) and the 2018 2nd.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Isles 1st (11th) and MDC? Might be willing to do the 12th and JHS instead, but have to think about that a little longer.

Or maybe I can go off the rails:

Karlsson and Hoffman for:

Both Isles 1st round picks, Bellows, Anders Lee.

Yeah, guess i'm going to get roasted for that one...
teams would blow that Hoffman offer out of the water. guy is a proven scorer signed, your deal isnt even high enough for a rental Hoffman.

Devils could offer Severson+ or even a greater futures package than11th+CDH. most teams could.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
a base deal around Hoffman for Fabbri makes sense i think
Yep ,STL needs to offer up a legit sweetener other than a late 1st..And this deal could happen,a couple of conditional picks might move the needle based off Fabbri,s production and games played

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad