Friedman: Hoffman is on the trade block in Ottawa

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
21. Mike Hoffman is very much in play for Ottawa. The ask is high. I also wouldn’t be surprised if the Senators tried to recoup some draft picks. They have two firsts, but no second- or third-rounder.

What should the ask be here? late 1st+ decent prospect? 2nd + great prospect?

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
And a team that doesn't want to pay for **** a 30 year old, 5 year 30 million dollar anchor
Technically, Ottawa won't be paying him 30 M because of his contract structure. He's going to be making 4.5 M starting next season

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Lucic + 10th.
Gives ottawa rebuild power.

A team with an owner scrounging cash trades a quality top six winger for a 10th overall pick and the awesome chance to waste a precious 26 million on a deadweight winger? Even as they have to waste a further precious 30 million on deadweight winger 2.0 Bobby Ryan? And they have to protect both of them in the expansion draft? That's some rebuild power.

Reactions: Nickmo82

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
The Blues should be interested, but not offering Thomas, Kyrou or Kostin. 29th pick + +

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I don't get how he isn't a PPG player. Every time I watch him he is amazing. Fast, good hands and a deadly shot.

Probably just Ottawa holding him back. Any team that trades for him and puts him next to an elite centre will probably get a PPG or at least a 70 point winger.

Imagine McDavid-Hoffman..

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I don't get how he isn't a PPG player. Every time I watch him he is amazing. Fast, good hands and a deadly shot.

Probably just Ottawa holding him back. Any team that trades for him and puts him next to an elite centre will probably get a PPG or at least a 70 point winger.

Imagine McDavid-Hoffman..

Because he doesn’t care all the time. If he did, he’d be that 70 plus point guy. He has the tools, he just needs to put it together consistently.

Reactions: Emerica

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->