Rumor: Hoffman Extension

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
So who are our bubble players . Conacher(Maybe),Kassain and O'brien . There just doesnt seem to be enough space for all of them :'( ? Why did we trade for kassain :'( why did o'brien have to go to a funeral and then never play another NHL game? :'( Why Must Conacher really be 5'6 even though he's listed as 5'8? Whose roll could Hoffman take?

Conacher bubble ? He had 11 goals last year, and then 3 in the playoffs ?

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Conacher bubble ? He had 11 goals last year, and then 3 in the playoffs ?

He doesnt have to clear waiver to start the season . I like conacher . I believe he's the most natural goal scorer on the senators. PM seems to have a problem with his game though. IMO he should be penciled in as 2nd line RW In the preseason so he can get a chance in the top 6 .

DefenseMinister

Jul 20, 2006
Unless the Sens find a way to dump them before the season starts, guys on 1 way deals will be on the roster in September.

In terms of forwards, that means:

Spezza, Ryan, Michalek, Turris, Greening, Condra, McArthur, Smith, Neil, O'Brien, Kassian (11) will all be on the team.

Assuming the team carries 14 forwards (probable): that means there are 3 spots left for guys on ELC's or 2 ways: Zibanejad, Conacher and Pageau were all regulars at the end of last season so they would overwhelmingly be the favourites to maintain their positions unless something drastic were to occur.

The only chance Hoffman or Stone have of starting the season with the Sens is through injury. This isn't really the end of the world though since inevitably they'll get callups throughout the season to be injury fill-ins and will have a chance to play themselves into a roster spot (as is what happened last year with Pageau and Zibanejad).

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
He doesnt have to clear waiver to start the season . I like conacher . I believe he's the most natural goal scorer on the senators. PM seems to have a problem with his game though. IMO he should be penciled in as 2nd line RW In the preseason so he can get a chance in the top 6 .
I think it more has to do with the fact that Conacher joined the team at the end of the season more than PM not liking him.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary

MacLean wants to turn him into a defensively responsible player, which Conacher is not right now.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Unless the Sens find a way to dump them before the season starts, guys on 1 way deals will be on the roster in September.

Spezza, Ryan, Michalek, Turris, Greening, Condra, McArthur, Smith, Neil, O'Brien, Kassian (11) will all be on the team.

Assuming the team carries 14 forwards (probable): that means there are 3 spots left for guys on ELC's or 2 ways: Zibanejad, Conacher and Pageau were all regulars at the end of last season so they would overwhelmingly be the favourites to maintain their positions unless something drastic were to occur.

The only chance Hoffman or Stone have of starting the season with the Sens is through injury. This isn't really the end of the world though since inevitably they'll get callups throughout the season to be injury fill-ins and will have a chance to play themselves into a roster spot (as is what happened last year with Pageau and Zibanejad).

They may trade O'brien

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

This is exactly as I see it & as you say unless something changes between now & the start of the season but my guess is a trade after the 20 game mark when BM knows what his team's strengths & weaknesses are. I could see something done with JOB if Maclean doesn't want him on his team either through trade or waivers, Conacher could be another casualty of the numbers game. I also think Pageau starts the yr in Bingo to save Ottawa/Melnyk a little money, that would mean a 22 man roster with an extra forward & one extra defenceman.

source

Jul 13, 2008
Like danishh, I could see Da Costa being claimed. Who knows, he might even make the team as our 3rd line C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad