Rumor: Hoffman Extension

the tribute

May 10, 2011
@TravisHeHateMe: Mike Hoffman's extension looks done. One-year, two-way.

This must mean either gets called up and plays his heart out and earns a new contract or is here for this year to provide extra forward in case of injury and may be traded or let go at the end of the year.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
EM showing he's still got it.

make-it-rain-guys.gif

SensPerpetualRebuild

Yelnats Puc
Jul 31, 2009
If he doesn't make and stick with the big club at some point this season, I suspect he will be traded by this time next year. Or allowed to walk to pursue a better opportunity with another NHL club.

Doesn't he become waiver exempt after this season?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
It's confirmed by TSN.

IIRC he's now waiver eligible. Can someone (danishh) confirm this? I expect we lose 2 of DD, SDC and Hoffman this year at some point.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
This is good news, although IMO he starts the yr in Bingo. Obviously an injury callup which he did last yr & did well until he was hurt. Hopefully, he has a great yr & either we see him later in the yr or he is moved to upgrade for the playoffs.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
This is good news, although IMO he starts the yr in Bingo. Obviously an injury callup which he did last yr & did well until he was hurt. Hopefully, he has a great yr & either we see him later in the yr or he is moved to upgrade for the playoffs.
Unless he gets claimed on waivers.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
i like hoffman and hopes he gets enough time in ottawa to show his stuff. it's probably him or conacher though not both

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I don't think Ottawa risks losing Hoffman through waivers. That's why Pageau to me is likely to start in Bingo.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
Nah. Ottawa. It's been heavily implied that, were it not for injuries, he'd have played a lot more games with the big team by now.

Actions speak louder than implications. Last year was his best chance to get a spot on the team, far too many forwards ahead of him this year to have a chance at making the team out of camp.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Actions speak louder than implications. Last year was his best chance to get a spot on the team, far too many forwards ahead of him this year to have a chance at making the team out of camp.

Based purely on potential, I agree. But with Pageau not waiver eligible, I just can't see the team exposing Hoffman and possibly giving him up for nothing. It'd be terrible asset management.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad