OT: Hi ! Any old posters still around?

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I Still don't know how Hossa's gloves ended up at the Bell Centre :sarcasm:

The darkest day in Habs History was epic...Was it Jacques Demers that was crying?

Some of my favorite threads were those damn photoshop threads..lol. I used to almost spit out my coffee looking at those in the morning.

void

Jan 5, 2006
I still remember Jacques Demers with tears in his eyes on RDS, looking up to the sky saying he would be thinking of a guy like The Rocket that night.

The ****ing theories brought up that night and the overreactions were just hilariously sad.

I specifically remember staying up until 3-4am because there were rumors that cops were waiting at the airport to arrest some Habs players. Some people were even tracking their flight on some website. :biglaugh:

This place used to be amazing. It's not so bad now either but nothing will ever top the good ol' days.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Hey, long time

I met a few a few of you all years back at station sport. Whiskyseven was there, and a few other names. Are you all still around?

I'm living in laugh nation but we should do a meet up in MTL for the draft or something.. was just curious if any old posters are still around..as I havent been posting much in the last few years.

Do you guys remember my famous "everywhere cocaine" post that went viral and had special admin warning post and threats, or the "protest for rebuild outside the Bell centre Sunday at 11am" thread...I got really shat on for the latter
Kudos to you sir you have ZERO likes ...i like it clearly not a brown noser.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
You can still find the old threads using the wayback machine, if you want to spend the time. They are there, or they were there last year..

Reactions: dinodebino

psychonaut

Sep 4, 2003
The best thread ever was the Gomez trade thread. At first people were pissed because it was just Higgins. Then about three pages in they found out it included McDonnaugh too. Hilarious reading those reactions...
Man, that was soooo bad!!!!! It is the moment I realized that "brain trust" is not smarter than the average fan! Ohhh, wait that was the Savard for Chelios trade.

CrewkHead

Oct 25, 2006
Everywhere cocaine is one of my favorite HF memes ever. The mods and admins were having such a hard time stopping the posts. :laugh:
The Markov goal celebration photoshop thread was another classic. I was trying to find the thread the other day but I think it may have been lost when we upgraded the boards. :(
Tried to find that a few months ago and didnt get anything. If I recall correctly it was before the first round match up between habs and caps in 2009 or was it 2011? I cant remember

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Kudos to you sir you have ZERO likes ...i like it clearly not a brown noser.

coolasprICE is an experienced poster here and a witty one. But he's made exactly 4 posts since the birth of the "like" on this forum.

Perhaps that demonstrates his lack of likes is not actually tied to his content, making your curious comment... well you know.

Reactions: Runner77

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
I'm still here and feeling old af cause of this thread haha. I haven't watched a full game in forever and the Subban trade killed it for me, UGH. Seriously f*** you Bergevin. The board is not the same now because since Subby was traded we lost our mojo and the rest of the masses finally saw what we did in him.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
I'm still here and feeling old af cause of this thread haha. I haven't watched a full game in forever and the Subban trade killed it for me, UGH. Seriously **** you Bergevin. The board is not the same now because since Subby was traded we lost our mojo and the rest of the masses finally saw what we did in him.

So true. It definitely feels like a skeleton crew of regular posters around here as compared to what it was even 5 years ago.

Reactions: Runner77

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Tried to find that a few months ago and didnt get anything. If I recall correctly it was before the first round match up between habs and caps in 2009 or was it 2011? I cant remember

Actually, what I remember is that it was at the start of a season. Gainey was still the GM. It was either at the start of the 07-08 or 08-09 season.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
H10H was one of the best. Very down to earth and very knowledgeable. He does pop in on occasion.

I've been here for what seems like my entire life. I've made a ton of friends here. Also ruffled some feathers of others.

HF has been a huge part of my life. A good escape from reality.
I remember when you said Brisebois was your favorite player....Still trying to get around to that one.

Cristobal Huet poster was also pretty memorable. How he just bounced right after the trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad