OT: Hi ! Any old posters still around?

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Just read through this thread, and holy crap, McPhee!

I don't post as much as I used to, much like a lot of people, but I'm sure that'll change when I start caring about the team again.

Those La Cage meetups with a bunch of people were always fun. I remember going to the last game of the season where the Habs needed to beat the Leafs and they'd be in the playoffs, but they choked and gave up a lead in the third period after a horrible Begin penalty.

I also used to play the EA NHL video games with the same group of guys online .We ended up winning a bunch of trophies in the early days of the EASHL.

Made some of my best friends here, and also met Seb.

Anyway, just went through my pictures on my computer to see if i had any pictures from the meetups, and I sure do! Pictured here from left to right:

IcE_CoLd (Thanks Chezz!)
No idea
@Renholder
****ing horribly awkward picture of me
@DerekT
AD
@mcfee

D8ZE0ig.jpg

The picture's properties says this was taken on April 15, 2006. So it looks like it was a 4-2 loss to the Sabres.
So AD had hair.

Reactions: dinodebino

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Doing well. I was just going to tell D that I'm still in eastern Ontario, we bought here many years ago, and built what they call a granny cottage for my parents. They've been gone for 5+ years now, kids are out on their own. I'm still working, no plans for that to change. My wife is still an artist, still very difficult to get along with.

Haha I know the feeling. I figured I'd be retired by now, but I can't see myself sitting around the house. Besides I think the wife would kill me. The family and I moved a little further north/west. It was time to get away from the big city. I love it out here.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I can't relate to the pre-2012 stuff that went on here but this thread remains a tremendous trove. Old friendships never die, even the virtual ones amongst those of you that were lucky enough to have had those experiences.. And there are always anecdotes to spare. Thanks all for sharing your stories and I hope to keep reading more of you all.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Been around here since before 2005 but lost my old account way back when. Been a crazy 13+ years with ups and downs but sadly not the ultimate up of a Cup!

Lord Chezz

Sep 27, 2009
Full disclosure: in the summer, I officially broke up with the Habs.

I kinda got sick and tired of a lot of nonsense and drama that followed the team.

In the spirit of a fresh start, I chose to pledge allegiance to the VGK.

That has paid off nicely.

Lord Chezz

Sep 27, 2009
Good to hear. To this day anytime a Pearl Jam song comes on. You pop into my thoughts.

Interesting that I still pop up in your head haha

Also, you can disassociate that now as I mostly listen EDM these days.

Fun story- I bumped into Mike McCready (Pearl Jam lead guitarist) in Quebec City a couple years back the day after their concert. Got a pic with him and chatted for a good 5 minutes. Nice fella.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Interesting that I still pop up in your head haha

Also, you can disassociate that now as I mostly listen EDM these days.

Fun story- I bumped into Mike McCready (Pearl Jam lead guitarist) in Quebec City a couple years back the day after their concert. Got a pic with him and chatted for a good 5 minutes. Nice fella.

Haha..one day I'll write a book about all the weird-ish things that remain in my head. Yet if you asked me what I had for lunch, I"d have no freaking recollection.

Even Black or Alive? Lol

Haha...either one.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->