HFWF OT 5 -- New World Order: The Bon Dedication Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Welp. My time to shine. Time to put together the super emo playlist so it's ready to go soon.

*opens Dashboard Confessional section of Spotify*

Tell your fellow Leaf fans to suck it up that you lost to Ottawa and stop complaining about the damn "trap" on the main board. How can a lot of them not handle a loss in like game 8 of the regular season? I can't imagine what would happen if we happened to beat them in the playoffs.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Well, good sir, I generally don't associate myself with them and I certainly can't control their dumbassed actions.

I'm afraid they're beyond my control. The better team won - trap or not and whether they like it or not...it's a perfectly cromulent style of hockey.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Well, good sir, I generally don't associate myself with them and I certainly can't control their dumbassed actions.

I'm afraid they're beyond my control. The better team won - trap or not and whether they like it or not...it's a perfectly cromulent style of hockey.

GUILTY BY ASSOCIATION. You will pay for their actions and like it!

Reactions: Disclose

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Tell your fellow Leaf fans to suck it up that you lost to Ottawa and stop complaining about the damn "trap" on the main board. How can a lot of them not handle a loss in like game 8 of the regular season? I can't imagine what would happen if we happened to beat them in the playoffs.

Yeah, I guess the Leafs have always crushed the Sens in the playoffs, haven't they?

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I feel including Paris in Flames by Thursday was an obvious move.

Also From First to Last is fantastic.

Last edited:

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Yeah, I guess the Leafs have always crushed the Sens in the playoffs, haven't they?

I wouldn't say crushed, but the last time you beat us Chris Benoit did win the World Heavyweight Championship at WM20, along with Victoria retaining versus Molly Holly. Good times.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Oh man, was never a fan of From First to Last, Thursday was my jam though.

I still think the most criminally underrated emo band was the Canadian band Boys Night Out. I still listen to them sometimes.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Leafs fans keep bringing 2004 whenever they lose to Ottawa.... you have a bright future guys, cheer up. XD

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
You guys have to understand that a lot of those posters simply pretend to be Leaf fans to stir shit up and make Leaf fans look bad. Don't get me wrong a bunch actually are Leaf fans, but a lot of them are troll accounts too.

Magic Mitch

:huh::thumbd::banghead::madfire::shakehead

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Honestly for me it wasn't even the Leaf discussion that put me off from posting there. I won't get political/social but it was mostly related to those matters. Too many off-putting and problematic comments (especially from the older people), reminded me too much of Facebook comment sections.

Actually that's pretty good I haven't thought of it, the TML board is a lot like Facebook comment sections.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Honestly for me it wasn't even the Leaf discussion that put me off from posting there. I won't get political/social but it was mostly related to those matters. Too many off-putting and problematic comments (especially from the older people), reminded me too much of Facebook comment sections.

Actually that's pretty good I haven't thought of it, the TML board is a lot like Facebook comment sections.

Even though I still post there, I agree with you. There's some older people there that I really dislike. The Kadri discussions is where the true colours of a lot posters are revealed. They try to be subtle about it, but generally you can see through it and all their "criticisms" of Kadri start to make more sense. They don't dislike Kadri because of his play, but because of other things.

Still, there's enough good posters imo, that I do keep going back there, although I would say a post a lot less than I used to.

Last edited:
Reactions: BonMorrison

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I refuse to go to the Leafs section for the mere fact there's probably a good portion of people ready to tar and feather Mitch Marner right now. It's ridiculous how reactionary these people are.

In terms of the main board...it's....kinda everybody's fault.

Leaf fans because there's so many of us which means and increased number of absolute morons. Fans of other teams who relentlessly tore into everything the Leafs did for years. (Kessel is suddenly beloved yet in Toronto there were a bunch of threads saying how he sucked, he's fat, etc) so now that the Leafs are a respectable team....the morons are fighting back even harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad