HFVan Hockey League 2017-18 III

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
I don't like the idea of teams intentionally racing to the bottom from day one, but there's nothing in the rules that prohibits this. Besides, I don't think it's terribly unreasonable that a team would look to get rid of Lehtonen or Varlamov in a pool like this. Bad starters and/or starters on bad teams don't hold a ton of value, especially when teams are limited to one starter at a time. If someone tries to waive a Carey Price or Matt Murray, then yeah, I'll likely react differently.

Even as a shitty starter Varlamov will put up 150 points or so. (Equivalent of an RNH or Dion Phaneuf i.e. middle 6 forward or middle pairing D).

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I would say we probably need a rule to prevent GMs from having no NHL starter in their line-up or waiving starters to tank (regardless how bad they are). I do agree it would be unfair to add such a rule now since the offseason is over; if we were to add something it should start next season.

My suggestion is having a required number of games played (like 40-50?) by both goalies combined to be eligible for the Playoffs and/or Entry Draft.
This. Who cares when you implement rules. Promotes loopholes if you dont.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
I would say we probably need a rule to prevent GMs from having no NHL starter in their line-up or waiving starters to tank (regardless how bad they are). I do agree it would be unfair to add such a rule now since the offseason is over; if we were to add something it should start next season.

My suggestion is having a required number of games played (like 40-50?) by both goalies combined to be eligible for the Playoffs and/or Entry Draft.
If there's enough support for this, I have no problem with implementing a new rule in the offseason.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Putting a claim for varmy.

Sending down pickard if it goee through

Reactions: Dabeast

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Varly is not a shitty starter. he will win the Avs his share of games. Put it on record that I am in favor of a minimum games for starter to be eligible for draft rule.

Reactions: donut

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat
I think the ridiculousness started when Dallas signed a waiver scrub for 5 million to circumvent the cap. Allow that and I see nothing wrong with waiving Varly. Both doing the exact same thing - intentionally making their team worse by making moves that would (could?) never happen in real life, so c'est le vie credible fantasy league.

Reactions: donut and Dabeast

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I think the ridiculousness started when Dallas signed a waiver scrub for 5 million to circumvent the cap. Allow that and I see nothing wrong with waiving Varly. Both doing the exact same thing - intentionally making their team worse by making moves that would (could?) never happen in real life, so c'est le vie credible fantasy league.
I think the ridiculousness started when you messed up my team direction by accepting and then declining my no trade clause with “no bias” and then making a fake letter from the same player (which you haven’t done for anyone else). I could have done other things to get under cap like for instance trading my goalie in a deal that was lined up gaining me more cap. Unfortunately that one got blocked from a grown man claiming that he used multiple personalities in a discord chat to stir up the pot giving false information and leading people the wrong way prevented that. So yes you were the direct start of league issues including half of the league confused why he wasn’t waived and the start of the NMC controversy. The commissioner has been very chill about everything and hasn’t done anything regarding it.

Weylspin

The Swede
Sep 4, 2012
Vancouver, BC
I think the ridiculousness started when you messed up my team direction by accepting and then declining my no trade clause with “no bias” and then making a fake letter from the same player (which you haven’t done for anyone else). I could have done other things to get under cap like for instance trading my goalie in a deal that was lined up gaining me more cap. Unfortunately that one got blocked from a grown man claiming that he used multiple personalities in a discord chat to stir up the pot giving false information and leading people the wrong way prevented that. So yes you were the direct start of league issues including half of the league confused why he wasn’t waived and the start of the NMC controversy. The commissioner has been very chill about everything and hasn’t done anything regarding it.

Wait wouldn't trading your goalie make you lose a lot of cap...? Therefore not helping your cap situation at all? Not trying to pick a side just wondering

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Wait wouldn't trading your goalie make you lose a lot of cap...? Therefore not helping your cap situation at all? Not trying to pick a side just wondering
If you paid attention and actually could read it says that in the deal I was have gained cap.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
How does waiver priority work? Am i 1st in list?

Since i put in a claim thx

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Sending down (waivers if need be on certain players, on phone atm cant check)

Blake comeau and teemu pulkkinen.

Ill place pickard on waivers also if varmy goes to me ty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad