HFVan Hockey League 2017-18 III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Having some trouble adding players now that the season has started. Bear with me for a bit; it might take a few days for me to get the rosters up to date, but all transactions will be backdated so you won't miss out on any points.

edit: Pretty sure I have it working now. All good.

Last edited:
Reactions: LaVar and Dabeast

E D

Winger Super Squad
Feb 13, 2012
Canadia
SIGNINGS:
[WSH] Oscar Fantenberg - 1 year, $925,000
[WSH] Kurtis MacDermid - 1 year, $925,000

@Elusive Derposaurus I'll send down Djoos for you; feel free to change that.
Thanks!

If possible I'd like to keep Djoos up and send G. Reinhart down

Also, unless it's just the pool being funky, it shows I have Sam Steel on my roster (I have him in the AHL) and I'm missing Dustin Brown. Not a big deal as I doubt it has a big impact on my points, but thought I'd let you know, thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Intoewsables

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
ANNOUNCEMENT: One of our GMs (who wishes to remain anonymous) has decided to donate to PickupHockey in order to grant us all access to Live Stats for this season. In all honesty, I'm not entirely sure what they do, but I believe it means we have access to real-time updates rather than just the standings that update every day at midnight. Thank you, mystery GM!

Aren't we supposed to be getting some sort of real time updates? Because looking at the columns there isn't actually a point total for today's score, just Points Last Night.

Edit: Nevermind, I see on the left there's an 'Official Standings' and a separate 'Live Stats'.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Hey my bad, you asked me to post this.

Send down Marcus Sorensen

Bring up Christian Fischer

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Thanks!

If possible I'd like to keep Djoos up and send G. Reinhart down

Also, unless it's just the pool being funky, it shows I have Sam Steel on my roster (I have him in the AHL) and I'm missing Dustin Brown. Not a big deal as I doubt it has a big impact on my points, but thought I'd let you know, thanks!
Thanks, must've forgotten to add Brown to your roster after you signed him. I'll backdate that to the start of the season and you won't miss out on any points. Sorry about that!

Chubros

Dec 9, 2011
:flames

to IR:

Alexander Steen and David Schlemko

RECALL:

Brandon Carlo (D)
Stefan Noesen (RW)

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
A couple of reminders:
1) Before you send someone down, double-check to make sure that they're exempt from waivers. If you intend to send someone down and know they require waivers, you must make it clear that you're placing them on waivers.
2) If you're trying to trade players, ensure that there are no clauses (NTC, NMC, etc.) that could get in the way. If there are, all players involved that have a clause must be willing to waive it via their agent.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Toews gave it the ok

If thats the case fair enough then,I'm not the boss here! I just think in principle if its through trading with sensible moves the gm can tank the team aas hard as he likes, but when it comes to the game day roster you still put your best lineup forward.

This is more or less how tanking works in the NHL, you'd never see a teamn waive there starter for a career backup to lose games.

Dabeast

Jun 13, 2014
South Florida
If thats the case fair enough then,I'm not the boss here! I just think in principle if its through trading with sensible moves the gm can tank the team aas hard as he likes, but when it comes to the game day roster you still put your best lineup forward.

This is more or less how tanking works in the NHL, you'd never see a teamn waive there starter for a career backup to lose games.
Yeah I mean thats fair, but Varly has pretty much no value to me so I'm not going to keep him up to really only hurt me in the long run.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
I don't like the idea of teams intentionally racing to the bottom from day one, but there's nothing in the rules that prohibits this. Besides, I don't think it's terribly unreasonable that a team would look to get rid of Lehtonen or Varlamov in a pool like this. Bad starters and/or starters on bad teams don't hold a ton of value, especially when teams are limited to one starter at a time. If someone tries to waive a Carey Price or Matt Murray, then yeah, I'll likely react differently.

Reactions: LaVar and Dabeast

donut

Sep 5, 2012
I would say we probably need a rule to prevent GMs from having no NHL starter in their line-up or waiving starters to tank (regardless how bad they are). I do agree it would be unfair to add such a rule now since the offseason is over; if we were to add something it should start next season.

My suggestion is having a required number of games played (like 40-50?) by both goalies combined to be eligible for the Playoffs and/or Entry Draft.

Reactions: Dabeast
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad