HFDevils Official Tickets and Prudential Center thread

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
This is why I never used buybacks until I knew for certain I was going to renew. I'd rather have taken a hit then have them hold my money as hostage as a way to get me to renew.

The only way increases won't happen is if people don't renew and well I don't see that happening with enough people.

I did the weekend plan this season and I doubt I'm renewing that. They are trying to pull the well we can't promise you playoff strips this season despite me asking over and over again before I signed up as I wouldn't have done it without that. I was fine paying more for games then I should be knowing I was guaranteed playoff strips.

I'll stick to a game a month via other sites for less and use that savings for playoff tickets.

I'm still renewing even though I'm irritated. To me there should be rewarded loyalty for more years and caps on how much tickets can increase. It would throw off how much the tickets are for each account but I don't care.

For example someone who is a 40 year season ticket holder should be capped at no more than a 2% increase. 30 years 3% increase. 20 years 4% increase, etc etc. It might not seem fair to some but it's rewarding people who financially supported the team when they sat through years of bad teams and no value whatsoever on tickets.

There also should be an across the board cap of if the team misses the playoffs they can't raise the tickets more than 1%. They should absolutely not be rewarded financially for failure.

I know none of this shit is going to happen but I'm gonna run for president in 2024 based on this and eliminating road tolls alone and I'd probably win lol

I also don't know why they give partial plan holders such a hard time with playoff strips. I'd much rather see Devils fans purchase those than the shit we saw last year.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Also know the team had a ton of new renewals after last seasons success. New season ticket holders seeing renewal increases this high after experiencing a poor team and a poor team at home this year and seeing the value of selling their tickets isn't great is an absolutely awful way to gain fans loyalty.

Really curious to see how many people don't renew because of the price alone and that it's still looking like we miss the playoffs.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
Also know the team had a ton of new renewals after last seasons success. New season ticket holders seeing renewal increases this high after experiencing a poor team and a poor team at home this year and seeing the value of selling their tickets isn't great is an absolutely awful way to gain fans loyalty.

Really curious to see how many people don't renew because of the price alone and that it's still looking like we miss the playoffs.
yeah i think a lot of new season ticket holders might be surprised to see the real market value of their tickets when they try to resell or at least see what’s available on each game day. im curious if there’s any reaction to that.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
The team opening suites to individual ticket holders has absolutely crushed the secondary market the last few years. Flooding the market with an additional few hundred seats just makes regular season ticket holders lower their prices to compete.

JMadden11

Dec 23, 2009
Bronx, NY
I've had season tickets for 17 years, since they moved to Newark. They increased my tickets 10.5% last year (the highest percentage ever) and are trying to increase them 9% this year (second highest ever). This after they paid me a credit for the 2 tickets to the lost Flyers home game that was 80% of the lowest price they charged me for 1 ticket to any other home Saturday game. The team has been overtaken by greed under the new ownership group.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
I've had season tickets for 17 years, since they moved to Newark. They increased my tickets 10.5% last year (the highest percentage ever) and are trying to increase them 9% this year (second highest ever). This after they paid me a credit for the 2 tickets to the lost Flyers home game that was 80% of the lowest price they charged me for 1 ticket to any other home Saturday game. The team has been overtaken by greed under the new ownership group.
so are you renewing?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I'm still renewing even though I'm irritated. To me there should be rewarded loyalty for more years and caps on how much tickets can increase. It would throw off how much the tickets are for each account but I don't care.

For example someone who is a 40 year season ticket holder should be capped at no more than a 2% increase. 30 years 3% increase. 20 years 4% increase, etc etc. It might not seem fair to some but it's rewarding people who financially supported the team when they sat through years of bad teams and no value whatsoever on tickets.

There also should be an across the board cap of if the team misses the playoffs they can't raise the tickets more than 1%. They should absolutely not be rewarded financially for failure.

I know none of this shit is going to happen but I'm gonna run for president in 2024 based on this and eliminating road tolls alone and I'd probably win lol

I also don't know why they give partial plan holders such a hard time with playoff strips. I'd much rather see Devils fans purchase those than the shit we saw last year.
Sorry, still voting for Vermin Supreme because I want a pony!

indfin

Jan 4, 2010

I get that they wanted to grab a price increase after the first real success in a decade ... but

I think the larger issue (for many people) is the other stuff that they pulled this year:
-- the deliberate low-balling of the valuation of the lost Flyers home game (as you noted)
-- reneging on perks that were promised at renewal last year (club seats, additional tickets)
-- devaluing of rewards program (fewer points, much higher redemption value, etc.)

On the perks and rewards program itself, I am sure they will push back in noting that other franchises don't offer anything nearly as valuable ... that is certainly true if you compare them to the other professional franchises in this market (TBL offers 25% F&B discounts and 35% on merchandise ... Panthers are similar and also include a $300 travel voucher). Closer to home, check out with Flyers sth rewards include: Season Ticket Membership | Philadelphia Flyers

JMadden11

Dec 23, 2009
Bronx, NY
I get that they wanted to grab a price increase after the first real success in a decade ... but

I think the larger issue (for many people) is the other stuff that they pulled this year:
-- the deliberate low-balling of the valuation of the lost Flyers home game (as you noted)
-- reneging on perks that were promised at renewal last year (club seats, additional tickets)
-- devaluing of rewards program (fewer points, much higher redemption value, etc.)

On the perks and rewards program itself, I am sure they will push back in noting that other franchises don't offer anything nearly as valuable ... that is certainly true if you compare them to the other professional franchises in this market (TBL offers 25% F&B discounts and 35% on merchandise ... Panthers are similar and also include a $300 travel voucher). Closer to home, check out with Flyers sth rewards include: Season Ticket Membership | Philadelphia Flyers

I requested a call with my rep for 2:30 today through the renewal website on Monday. He didn't bother to call, so I emailed him and CCd his boss (he's skipped calls before and usually only responds promptly if I CC the boss). He responded immediately and said he'd call at 3:30. His entire attempt to sell me on the increase was that I pay less than people around me because of lower increases they gave in the old days for earlier renewals and that I could use buybacks to lower the total price.

I honestly don't care how much I pay in relation to everyone else. If 8-10% increases are going to be the norm now each year, my tickets will go up 50% in 4 years. That's insane. And how on earth is suggesting your season ticket holders sell their tickets back to the organization a reasonable fix.

To your point about perks, I remember the days of $500 food vouchers which would never happen under the current crew. And that was when I was still sitting in the corner in the 200s. The season ticket holder experience has fallen off of a cliff in the last decade.

Even with that, I still would have renewed at 6%. But they just can't help themselves from price gouging the fanbase. It's very depressing honestly.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I requested a call with my rep for 2:30 today through the renewal website on Monday. He didn't bother to call, so I emailed him and CCd his boss (he's skipped calls before and usually only responds promptly if I CC the boss). He responded immediately and said he'd call at 3:30. His entire attempt to sell me on the increase was that I pay less than people around me because of lower increases they gave in the old days for earlier renewals and that I could use buybacks to lower the total price.

I honestly don't care how much I pay in relation to everyone else. If 8-10% increases are going to be the norm now each year, my tickets will go up 50% in 4 years. That's insane. And how on earth is suggesting your season ticket holders sell their tickets back to the organization a reasonable fix.

To your point about perks, I remember the days of $500 food vouchers which would never happen under the current crew. And that was when I was still sitting in the corner in the 200s. The season ticket holder experience has fallen off of a cliff in the last decade.

Even with that, I still would have renewed at 6%. But they just can't help themselves from price gouging the fanbase. It's very depressing honestly.

I was told the Islanders and Flyers are raising their tickets by a higher percentage than we are. First off, I don't know why I should give a shit. Also got the same well costs are up with everything shitck.

They all fail to realize that all this stuff has gone up except for the average normal working people's salary.

The bubble has to burst sometime. Gonna be interesting to see how many people don't renew.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMadden11

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Meanwhile in WNY:
20240202_170821.jpg

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ

Sadly, the greed is working too. Finished 6th overall in revenue last season, beating out several Canadian teams and three Original 6 teams. Although I would guess a lot of that is from the numerous new sponsorships especially in gambling that have come in. Also helped they could charge Cup Finals prices in the first round last season.

I'm going to renew but I'm close to saying F it. Definitely not feeling much love for my loyalty.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
i lowered my flex bank from the middle tier to the lower tier. I want to keep priority access to playoff tickets and keep my 12 season tenure, but it doesn't make sense to give them an extra $2000 to ultimately spend on tickets that are cheaper on the second hand market anyway.

my wife and i have a babysitter on tuesday nights and we don't really care what opponent we see, so we can probably sit in the lower bowl for $100 any time we want. why should we pay $80 for the same seats?

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
i lowered my flex bank from the middle tier to the lower tier. I want to keep priority access to playoff tickets and keep my 12 season tenure, but it doesn't make sense to give them an extra $2000 to ultimately spend on tickets that are cheaper on the second hand market anyway.

my wife and i have a babysitter on tuesday nights and we don't really care what opponent we see, so we can probably sit in the lower bowl for $100 any time we want. why should we pay $80 for the same seats?
So flex plans keep tenure? Do you get a tenure jersey too? Wondering if this would be a better option for me.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
i got 5 year jerseys but not 10 so maybe not? but i did get a higher order for postseason tickets. i’m considered a member for 12 seasons but i dont know what full members get compared to me

Reactions: Colin226

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Does anyone have an idea of whether the 100s or 200s at center ice will be better at MetLife?

I know higher is usually better for outdoor games, but apparently MetLife has some of the best views from the lower level that they've had for stadium games (according to the guys from the NHL setting up the rink).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad