HFDevils Official Tickets and Prudential Center thread

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
In case any ticket members didn't see the email, they're doing a members-only sale of Stadium Series jersey at the game next week February 6. Email says additional details of the sale will be released later. Also says no Jack Hughes jerseys will be available that day due to supply issues.

It's such a mess, I can't wait to see the details about this too, I'll be surprised if it's not a disaster.

Reactions: HBK27 and Colin226

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
how can supply issues mean that the most popular and in demand jersey won't be available? im straining my brain to figure out how that wouldn't be the first and most plentiful item that they produce? it's just stitching twill numbers and letters on the back it's not like there's any extra requirements. is there an "H" shortage we don't know about??

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
how can supply issues mean that the most popular and in demand jersey won't be available? im straining my brain to figure out how that wouldn't be the first and most plentiful item that they produce? it's just stitching twill numbers and letters on the back it's not like there's any extra requirements. is there an "H" shortage we don't know about??

It's an excuse because the NHL and the team never prepare anything like they should.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
The outdoor game I would say is going to need a lot of help moving seats the next two weeks. A 20% discount off of face value is currently floating around and they already dynamically priced some seats down on Ticketmaster. This game isn’t selling out.

Reactions: HBK27

HellOnIce

Jun 28, 2007
The outdoor game I would say is going to need a lot of help moving seats the next two weeks. A 20% discount off of face value is currently floating around and they already dynamically priced some seats down on Ticketmaster. This game isn’t selling out.

The teeam isn't good and it's like - I'm not paying stupid prices to be cold to watch this team in a stadium setting - not exactly close to the action. So this is what they get. I have a price in mind to go to watch this team in potentially freezing weather, $100 for a great seat. Anything more than that? I'll just catch it on TV, warm in my house. This game should've been in the fall.

Last edited:

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
The teeam isn't good and it's like - I'm not paying stupid prices to be cold to watch this team in a stadium setting - not exactly close to the action. So this is what they get. I have a price in mind to go to watch this team in potentially freezing weather, $100 for a great seat. Anything more than that? I'll just catch it on TV, warm in my house. This game should've been in the fall.

Just keep in mind that it's impossible to play this game at MetLife Stadium in the fall due to football season. And the NHL in general doesn't do much promoting of the league in the fall outside of opening day and the day after Thanksgiving. I don't think they've ever played an outdoor game in the USA prior to the Winter Classic on January 1 each year. The league grows in viewership after the NFL and college football season is over.

I do think a lot of people are waiting to see the forecast once we're within a week of the game. Weather will be a huge factor, as you said. That's also why I made sure to lock in seats with indoor club access.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I went to the Islanders Rangers Stadium Series game back in 2014 and it was single digits cold out and it still was an awesome experience. Granted we got like 200$ tickets for 30$ because local highschool hockey teams somehow got a ton of them to sell for dirt cheap to help sell tbe game out.

We should of been playing the Rangers and not the Flyers for this game , the NHL screwed that one up. It's just kind if disappointing that we likely won't sell this game out and alot of fans it seems don't want to attend an outdoor game. I'm pretty sure if we were playing like we did last year it would change that though. These events don't come around to often , I don't know why people would pass on it unless they really hate cold weather....

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I went to the Islanders Rangers Stadium Series game back in 2014 and it was single digits cold out and it still was an awesome experience. Granted we got like 200$ tickets for 30$ because local highschool hockey teams somehow got a ton of them to sell for dirt cheap to help sell tbe game out.

We should of been playing the Rangers and not the Flyers for this game , the NHL screwed that one up. It's just kind if disappointing that we likely won't sell this game out and alot of fans it seems don't want to attend an outdoor game. I'm pretty sure if we were playing like we did last year it would change that though. These events don't come around to often , I don't know why people would pass on it unless they really hate cold weather....

Sounds like it would be a cool event to attend, but it's more of the cost/benefit of the whole thing for me. Cheapest seats right now are $70 before fees - I'm assuming that comes with a very, very poor view of what's happening on the ice. Maybe I could spring for some nicer seats, but I'd also be bringing my kids so that quickly starts to add up. Seems like it's something that might be better spent on nicer seats or additional games at the Rock.

Certainly if the team was playing better that would help, though I do like that it's against a team we're looking to catch for a playoff spot.

I'm going to keep my eye on ticket prices as we get closer and maybe spring for some last minute. Seems like a ton of inventory out there, so hopefully prices will drop.

HellOnIce

Jun 28, 2007
Just keep in mind that it's impossible to play this game at MetLife Stadium in the fall due to football season. And the NHL in general doesn't do much promoting of the league in the fall outside of opening day and the day after Thanksgiving. I don't think they've ever played an outdoor game in the USA prior to the Winter Classic on January 1 each year. The league grows in viewership after the NFL and college football season is over.

I do think a lot of people are waiting to see the forecast once we're within a week of the game. Weather will be a huge factor, as you said. That's also why I made sure to lock in seats with indoor club access.
You don't have to sell me on the idea of the game. If the team was playing better, prices were lower, and maybe with weather - there'd be more demand.

I went to the Devils/Rangers outdoor game, which is also why I'm kind of like meh on going to this one. I've done it, and to do it again - there's a max price I'm willing to pay for the experience of a mediocre team, meh views for the price, and the potential weather.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
We should of been playing the Rangers and not the Flyers for this game , the NHL screwed that one up. It's just kind if disappointing that we likely won't sell this game out and alot of fans it seems don't want to attend an outdoor game

They are getting a 2 for 1 so the league is making bank even if they don't sell out because they are selling a ton of seats over two days and only have the setup cost for 1 game, they'll do minimum change over with the logo stuff but the rink is the biggest thing to setup and they only have to do it once now and get to use it for 2 games.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
They are getting a 2 for 1 so the league is making bank even if they don't sell out because they are selling a ton of seats over two days and only have the setup cost for 1 game, they'll do minimum change over with the logo stuff but the rink is the biggest thing to setup and they only have to do it once now and get to use it for 2 games.
The game potentially not selling out is more a shot at our fanbase not coming out in full force for this game. Like come on if the building is half Flyers fans than that will be pathetic....

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017

count me in the “wait until the weather forecast comes out and prices drop” crowd.

i’m probably 50/50 if not leaning a little towards staying home. also seeing how they play coming out of the break is a factor but there’s not a whole lot that excites me about metlife stadium as a setting for hockey

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
I think Met Life will be much better han Yankee Stadium in terms of being able to see the ice.

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
Did anyone receive the offer to buy prepaid parking? Not sure how much it was… by the time I clicked it was sold out. They did say general parking will be. $40, and the lots open at 2pm. Tailgating permitted of course.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
The game potentially not selling out is more a shot at our fanbase not coming out in full force for this game. Like come on if the building is half Flyers fans than that will be pathetic....

I don't care what others say about our fan base. Building won't be half Flyers fans either. If you care about that kind of stuff though what's it say about the Flyers fan base too since it's only a 90 min drive for them?

If two fan bases nearby can't sell the place out that says more about the organizers than anything else. The ticket prices are too expensive. If you have a family of 4 you're gonna get hammered on the ticket prices, if you have younger kids you're probably not taking them cause the game isn't starting till after 8pm / don't know how cold it's gonna be.

Also just looked at the Rangers Islanders game for Sunday, it's not sold out either, lots of tickets available and that game is a 3pm game unlike ours.

Reactions: Louskoolaid89

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
yeah, for there to be 70,000 seats to the event the prices are so insanely stupid.

the money shouldn’t be made in tickets it should be memorabilia and concessions and they’re severely limiting this by making it prohibitively expensive for a family to attend and not even having enough merch available to buy!

Last edited:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
In case any ticket members didn't see the email, they're doing a members-only sale of Stadium Series jersey at the game next week February 6. Email says additional details of the sale will be released later. Also says no Jack Hughes jerseys will be available that day due to supply issues.

Did you get any new emails about this yet? Would have liked to seen the details before the online on sale tomorrow.

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
I was at Citi Field a couple years ago and my friend wanted a vintage Gary Carter jersey custom made. They said sorry we are our of "R" lol. The NHL stooping to the level of the New York Mets. Really bro?

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

if it doesn't sell out it doesn't sell out. i know the easy thing is to bash the fans and all that but honestly i'm a hardcore devils fan and i have zero interest in going to this thing. i could justify the price one time sure but it just doesn't sound appealing to me (no offense). face it this hockey market has 3-4 teams in it fighting for fans other places that have these games its basically just one single fan base.

they honestly should've had this game at rutgers it would've made more sense with the jersey theme and hell even the colors plus the college kids would all but ensure the thing is sold out.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
if it doesn't sell out it doesn't sell out. i know the easy thing is to bash the fans and all that but honestly i'm a hardcore devils fan and i have zero interest in going to this thing. i could justify the price one time sure but it just doesn't sound appealing to me (no offense). face it this hockey market has 3-4 teams in it fighting for fans other places that have these games its basically just one single fan base.

they honestly should've had this game at rutgers it would've made more sense with the jersey theme and hell even the colors plus the college kids would all but ensure the thing is sold out.

Rutgers has nothing for public transportation that is easier, you would have less fans going there because of it, you have to take shuttles from the train station.

Does anyone in Jersey actually care about Rutgers unless you went there? Cause I sure as hell don't but I've never understood rooting for a college team if you didn't go there, especially if you went to a different college.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Rutgers has nothing for public transportation that is easier, you would have less fans going there because of it, you have to take shuttles from the train station.

Does anyone in Jersey actually care about Rutgers unless you went there? Cause I sure as hell don't but I've never understood rooting for a college team if you didn't go there, especially if you went to a different college.

i'm just speaking from a strictly grassroot type theme and the stadium is a lot smaller then metlife.

thats a good question though rutgers vs devils in terms of caring? i dunno good question though. i dont know about the public transport how many people typically even use it at giants stadium? or for this event? figured a lot of people would want to drive and tailgate.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
i'm just speaking from a strictly grassroot type theme and the stadium is a lot smaller then metlife.

thats a good question though rutgers vs devils in terms of caring? i dunno good question though. i dont know about the public transport how many people typically even use it at giants stadium? or for this event? figured a lot of people would want to drive and tailgate.

Lots of people will still take NJ transit to the game because parking is a pain in the ass. If NJ transit wasn't a pain in the ass for me I'd much rather do that than drive to this one, especially cause it's $40 to park and I don't care about tailgating.

Rangers vs Islanders though will have a lot more people using NJ transit especially cause you just go from Penn station to Seacacus and just transfer to the Metlife stadium train.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad