HFBoards' 2017 Fantasy Football Draft Discussion Thread II

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I feel like a traitor for taking all these Schalke players, but I also don't want to pass up on good players. :dunno:

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm definitely down for specialized drafts. Also very happy with my team.

Mertens
Promes - Firmino - Robben
Strootman - Kante
Emerson - Koulibaly - Martinez - Meunier
de Gea

Dzeko
Wijnaldum - Demirbay - Kluivert
Xhaka - Ceballos
Augustinsson - Kimpembe - de Vrij - Passlack
Didillon​

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
-------------Ronaldo------Dolberg----------------
Eriksen--------------------------------------Pulisic
--------Gagliardini--------Goretzka--------------
Rose--------Godin------Ramos----------Henrichs

-------------------Buerki--------------------------

Bench:

Fahrmann: GK
Caldara:CB
Klostermann: RB/LB/CB
Davies: DM/CM
Kagawa: CAM/CM
Gnabry: LW/RW/CF
Stindl: SS/CAM/CF

Reserves:

Plizzari: GK
Kehrer: CB/LB/CDM
McKennie: DM/CM
Vazquez: LW/RW

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Still can't believe I ended up with this squad during the previous 14 team deep draft:

-------- Diego Costa ------
Hazard ----------- Robben
----------- Eriksen -----------
---- Pogba -- Dembele ----
Rose ------------------ Lahm
---- Kompany - Ramos ----
----------- De Gea ---------

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
-------------------Kane--------------------
-Hazard------------------- Dembele-
-----------Sanson-Hererra-----------
------------------Pereira------------------
Alonso-Umtiti-Sokratis-Walker
-------------------Lloris--------------------

Subs: Asenjo, M. Fernandes, Cahill, Perrin, Bernat, Mascherano, Kondogbia, Bonaventura, Suso, Carrasco, Modeste.

Mascherano and Pereira are solid enough to be a part of a back three, so deploying this as a 3-4-2-1 would be no issue either.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm pretty keen on there being a rosters/judging topic, with maybe some tactical explanation for the clubs.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Looking at Magic Bean's squad I'm not sure if a 4-2-3-1, a 4-3-1-2, or a 3-4-1-2 is your best bet. Feels like you're missing a different piece for each shape.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Looking at Magic Bean's squad I'm not sure if a 4-2-3-1, a 4-3-1-2, or a 3-4-1-2 is your best bet. Feels like you're missing a different piece for each shape.

My plan was 4312

What piece do you think is missing?

Yoshidas Island

Jan 2, 2015
I'm not enamored with Romeu or your other options for the 6 behind Dembele and Ninja.

From my POV, Romeu (very biased), N'Zonzi, or Gonalons were capable of playing deeper in the midfield.
Mind you I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to these type of things... So I may be wrong in my assessment.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
All three would be a solid sub option, but they are definitely a serious weak link in an XI.

Basically. I know some will feel this way about Zielinski or Soyuncu/Musacchio in my lineups; but with those kids I thinks it's just a question of exposure at the top level, whereas with Romeu n co. I just don't think they have that caliber of talent...at a position that I view as hugely important unless you have WC 8s; and though dembele and ninja are high quality, Modric-Kroos they ain't.

Yoshidas Island

Jan 2, 2015
Basically. I know some will feel this way about Zielinski or Soyuncu/Musacchio in my lineups; but with those kids I thinks it's just a question of exposure at the top level, whereas with Romeu n co. I just don't think they have that caliber of talent...at a position that I view as hugely important unless you have WC 8s; and though dembele and ninja are high quality, Modric-Kroos they ain't.

N'Zonzi just had (from the limited time I've seen of him + the reports) a solid year.

And for Romeu... Maybe when it comes to Europe he'll get exposed, but at the England level, I feel like he could be in the Top 5 discussion for the DM position.
Don't forget he's only 25, there's still room to grow. He was definitely Southampton's best player this year (save Van Dijk), and he has improved a lot compared to last year. He also would have had more clean sheets if it wasn't for Forster's dreadful year.

And just as a cheeky side note...
There were some links of Romeu back to Barcelona this offseason. (Not saying the reports were true but that's quite an impressive link if you ask me)

I think N'Zonzi is quite good; he's probably just as good as Dembele.

My plan would be to start him, and the Oriol Romeu as the main sub.

Gonalons was just a depth piece.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Can't think of any reason to start Dolberg over Stindl (or Gnabry).

Too bad we can't get some more participation out of the end of this.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm surprised Darida didn't get picked.

Anyway what's the plan now? Should we set up a poll to rank the teams? After that we could either just end it; or we could split the teams up into different groups based on those rankings before running a poll-competition?...if we don't wanna get some judges involved...

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think a few people had volunteered to judge, but not sure. I'm down with whatever.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Vitolo to Atleti is done. Will be on loan to las palmas, until January.

Even with the ban, Atleti have had a better window than Barca. Lol

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think a few people had volunteered to judge, but not sure. I'm down with whatever.

I'm pretty easy myself; but it would be fun to do something a little more intricate with these squads. As the versatility to tweak my lineup based on the opposition was a big part of my squad building philosophy; so getting to play through the tweaks I'd make in those hypothetical matchups would be fun to do before work gets crazy again...and I start actually acting like I'm single again

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Well part of the problem is that people aren't even taking the time to post their full squads in the squad thread. There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest post-draft; I wouldn't mind seeing who would be interested in doing like a 'voting tournament' if we can get like at least 8 of the teams that were drafted to be interested.

Random draw of these 8 teams, post line-ups and tactics for each specific match-up and have votes maybe of the other 6 members with a brief write-up or something, with an 'impartial' 7th member to judge (such as Plato or something).

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I posted my squad in this thread and did a write-up, as well as manage the whole draft thread for one month with help from only one other person. No reason to post it twice.

On top of that, I'm burned out after updating the draft board each time there was a trade or pick.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
What is we do a league specific and the teams that we draft go into a fantasy league somehow?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad