HFBoards' 2017 Fantasy Football Draft Discussion Thread II

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If we are doing an ordinary draft like last year, I like 11 + 7 much more than 22.

Boooooo. Why not have fun with it and give ourselves the opportunity to create multiple alternate forms our team can take to adapt to different challenges? I vote for 22 in the post-WM Big 5 draft.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Boooooo. Why not have fun with it and give ourselves the opportunity to create multiple alternate forms our team can take to adapt to different challenges? I vote for 22 in the post-WM Big 5 draft.
I don't mind doing a longer one if we're actually going to have judges and people following through, but it seems in past editions very few people stick around and put in the effort at the end.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
...in that case, how about I just get an extra 5 picks when everyone's done with their 11+7? :laugh:
I'm okay with the extra five but maybe not directly after the draft. Maybe like a "January window" gimmick

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
But...but...making 5-6 different shapes to use the talent I picked in different ways, as though I was actually going to coach that team, is most of the fun I have during these things lol

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
But...but...making 5-6 different shapes to use the talent I picked in different ways, as though I was actually going to coach that team, is most of the fun I have during these things lol

Picking out a bench instead of picking pretty much 2 players for each position is more fun IMO. More of an emphasis on versatile players :naughty:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Picking out a bench instead of picking pretty much 2 players for each position is more fun IMO. More of an emphasis on versatile players :naughty:

It also limits just how varied of directions you can go with how the team could realistically play without needing to change shape after every injury/illness or player fatiguing within a match.

But like I said, if I get outvoted, I get outvoted, even if I only get outvoted because of the 3 million illegal voters.

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I like 11 players period. People use their bench as an excuse all the time and it's more interesting to see the rush to certain positions.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
My team was the best last year... never got the recognition it deserved. :) will be boycotting until I receive my trophy. Thanks.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
I'm interested. Standard draft is always fun, I like the 22 man squad. Never done a specific league draft so I'm up for them too. The non top 5 league draft was also good. Probably got wiped from the boards though.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I wanted 25 man squads with 22 man B teams consisting of players 21 and younger with less than 25 matches in the top flight. Instead we'll compromise 25 man squads just so I can use my bench as an excuse.

Looks like we have ten already and the good thing is all proven participants. By that I mean y'all have proven you'll stick with the draft, not that you actually know what you're doing.

As for Top 5 Leagues draft, I don't think it matters when we do them because I don't think we'll get a lot of takers.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think 18 is good because we can get through it faster. Then we could do the additional rounds later (maybe redo'ing the order/allowing time to trade up/down) the longer it is the more it drags. Happens every year.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I don't feel that it is entirely ideal to drag it on for too long, since the seasons start less than a month after the WC.

Reactions: Savant

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Starting now would be a good choice. Can have all the participants ready by the quarterfinals, and start drafting before the semifinals

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
We can start after the WC is over. I'm sure the World won't end before we finish the draft, but if one of either Uruguay or Brazil win I could be wrong.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
We can start after the WC is over. I'm sure the World won't end before we finish the draft, but if one of either Uruguay or Brazil win I could be wrong.
I think it would better to start during with more eyes on the forum. But what do I know.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'd say that's a bad thing. Either way people can put forth their interest any time.
no problem with me either way. have Mrs. Savant's birthday this weekend anyway. Although the distraction would have been nice (albeit not for the best)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->