HF Wrestling Draft IX - Friday Apr 8th start - Discussion

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
And with that, we have another year in the books.

Congratulations to the winner of the HF Wrestling All-Time Draft IX - @branimal84

Big thank you to GKJ. GKJ was my darkhorse pick to win. At the start of all of this, I was expecting a Habsrule and GKJ final. The rookie rose up and took it in their first year.

Thanks to all who participated in the draft and the head-to-heads. We got a good variety of cards this year and loads of new draft blood for the future. Farewell to all and I will see you again for HF Wrestling All-Time Draft X!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Congratulations to @branimal84 for bringing it home, a well-deserved winner. My friend (who is not a poster here) that I consult with was surprised with your round 1 pick of Dynamite Kid (as was I only because I compare each year one to another), but I remind him and others every year that it's always about depth and usage and creative down the draft, while he is someone who is totally all about main events (every year he begs me to pick all the guys he doesn't think everyone else drafts high enough, especially Warrior and Hogan).

Thanks to everyone else for making this happen, especially @HandsomeHollywood who I think had to work harder this year, because, reasons :laugh:

I don't personally like to critique other people's cards that much just because of the work that goes into doing it, which is why I don't say much during the matchups, but it's ultimately the game in picking and choosing, and there were a lot of difficult choices.

Of course, thanks for the support that went into my card. Personally, I had great trouble, the Bayley/Zoya idea was the only thing I had, really from the start of the draft (which is why I felt the need to trade up for Bayley), whereas previous years I had ideas at least a few months out. I wish I had done that last year as personally I felt my card last year was much stronger, along with a couple others. And it was much tougher this year than any other and for that reason I wasn't too excited for my own creative, the think tank was definitely running on empty, so I was actually quite surprised that my card was received so well. Kind of took on a main event out of my element, but can't just do the same stuff with the same people over and over again.

branimal84

..and that's why I kicked your leg outta your leg.
Mar 27, 2019
Ottawa
www.everyreadthing.com
Congratulations to @branimal84 for bringing it home, a well-deserved winner. My friend (who is not a poster here) that I consult with was surprised with your round 1 pick of Dynamite Kid (as was I only because I compare each year one to another), but I remind him and others every year that it's always about depth and usage and creative down the draft, while he is someone who is totally all about main events (every year he begs me to pick all the guys he doesn't think everyone else drafts high enough, especially Warrior and Hogan).

Thanks to everyone else for making this happen, especially @HandsomeHollywood who I think had to work harder this year, because, reasons :laugh:

I don't personally like to critique other people's cards that much just because of the work that goes into doing it, which is why I don't say much during the matchups, but it's ultimately the game in picking and choosing, and there were a lot of difficult choices.

Of course, thanks for the support that went into my card. Personally, I had great trouble, the Bayley/Zoya idea was the only thing I had, really from the start of the draft (which is why I felt the need to trade up for Bayley), whereas previous years I had ideas at least a few months out. I wish I had done that last year as personally I felt my card last year was much stronger, along with a couple others. And it was much tougher this year than any other and for that reason I wasn't too excited for my own creative, the think tank was definitely running on empty, so I was actually quite surprised that my card was received so well. Kind of took on a main event out of my element, but can't just do the same stuff with the same people over and over again.
Thanks!!

I thought I could pick Dynamite later on in the draft process, but he was an anchor for my main event and I didn't want to lose him.

Reactions: CHGoalie27 and GKJ

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Nice work to everyone involved as it’s always a pleasure seeing what everyone puts together. Big congrats to @branimal84 on the win! I could tell he knew what he was doing with his picks and of course his avatar was a reminder. See y’all next year.

Reactions: branimal84

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
@HandsomeHollywood @branimal84

Do you read The Atomic Elbow? Issue 36 drops tonight. I will be ordering a copy for myself once it's hot off the press. If you would like a copy on me send a DM with address. Would be happy to spread The Atomic Elbow gospel to the driver and winner of this fine endeavor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad