HF Wrestling Draft IX - Friday Apr 8th start - Discussion

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
I think this year’s first round is the closest it’s ever been since I’ve been participating. Maybe the next round won‘t be as close, but just the draws this first round for me were almost all really close.
I'm about to break a bunch of them. I haven't voted in the majority of matchups yet because I wanted to take a break for the first few days.

Dolling out votes now.

Reactions: Kaner9

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I think this year’s first round is the closest it’s ever been since I’ve been participating. Maybe the next round won‘t be as close, but just the draws this first round for me were almost all really close.

Yeah when I looked today I was surprised to see how close it is. Nothing wrong with that, makes things interesting this round and heading into the next.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
Looks like we still have two ties, one including your truly.

If they are still tied by the end of today I'll leave the round up for tomorrow for the safety day regarding ties. After that if they are still tied, we may see a few triple threats in round 2.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
Looks like we still have two ties, one including your truly.

If they are still tied by the end of today I'll leave the round up for tomorrow for the safety day regarding ties. After that if they are still tied, we may see a few triple threats in round 2.
Seeing as the ties seem to be broken, round 1 will conclude at noon today.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
Big thank you's are in order for Burkiemaniq, Habsrule, Apex Predator, the anonymous GM, Bondurant, Sheppy, theedge9 and Kaner9. Thank you very much for participating and there were lots of heartbreakers and close matchups. I hope to see you all again next year if possible.

Round 2 has begun. Polls will close and round 3 will start on Tuesday barring any outstanding ties. Let's go!

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
I have quite a busy work day today. I won't be able to post round 3 matchups until the early evening.

Get your campaigning in if you have any left.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Hey guys. I am just curious as to your opinions. I will list the wrestlers who I drafted and please let me know what matches that you would have liked to see.

Undertaker
Sting
The Miz
Johnny Gargano
Will Ospreay
Triple H
DDP
Kevin Nash
Bron Breakker
Velveteen Dream
Big Boss Man
Pat McAfee
Bad Bunny
Logan Paul

• Haha
Reactions: CHGoalie27

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
hqdefault.jpg

Well, well. All the familiar places. HBK and HH finding themselves STILLINTHEMIX. You all thought Burkiemaniq was going to beat us but I sent him stampeding...right back to where he belongs!
You all thought Natey would beat us but you were wrong. Could even say 'dead' wrong. I wouldn't.
Now the Heart Break Kid finds himself up against branimal84. I'd like to, at this minute, I'd like to use my first amendment rights to let branimal84 know what we think about him. HandsomeHollywood may lose sometimes, and to others that's a big deal. But for HandsomeHollywood and Shawn Michaels. Well, that's like waking up, eating your breakfast, it's any every day thing. HandsomeHollywood jacks his jaw, someone tries to shut it up, we fight. That's the way he makes his living. You see, Brandy84, you can't defeat Shawn Michaels and only Shawn Michaels can defeat Shawn Michaels. Same goes for HH.
Bad Branimal, the only reason HF doesn't fall off a cliff is because of HBK. And the only reason it won't fall off a cliff when HBK leaves this stinkin' site, is because you SUCK!
branimal84, you got no hope in defeating the ICON. The SHOWSTOPPER. Mr. HF Draft HandsomeHollywood. The only chance you have at that, my friend is if you give BruinDust a call to enlist guys from Syracuse New York to give ya a hand in votes. The same guys who I assume love changin' their vote because they find HBK a little too controversial. A little too brash. A little too cocky. But hey, that's me baby. Why don't you make like half the GMs did and leave the boards already because they couldn't hack it, and you can't hack it. HF, love it or LEAVE IT.
tumblr_p3vheyJJXH1rg89a6o1_500.jpg

Last edited:

branimal84

..and that's why I kicked your leg outta your leg.
Mar 27, 2019
Ottawa
www.everyreadthing.com
w55kh4rr02m61 (1).jpg

Well you know, a lot of people have been asking me about the showdown between @HandsomeHollywood and my illustrious employer, @branimal84. We all started out in this ring.. and ya know.. maybe I better than anyone can assess the matchup there. They're both great fighters but I think there's one slight difference that may come to play in this match. @HandsomeHollywood's ego is so big he can't get a grasp on reality. If his ego gets away from him as it seems to be, he might be in for a hell of a surprise.

Reactions: Kaner9 and theedge9

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
Very disappointed with the lack of turnout in voting from the other GMs. As well as people seemingly only voting in certain matchups. Hate seeing people taking their ball and going home instead of seeing this thing through.

With one of the matchups currently tied I will have to give it more time. Nobody wants to end this thing with a triple threat for the finals.

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I suggest, at HandsomeHollywood's discretion, making the final round not anonymous. I'm surprised when matchups have different numbers of votes. Also if there is a need for a voter we will know who hasn't voted.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
I suggest, at HandsomeHollywood's discretion, making the final round not anonymous. I'm surprised when matchups have different numbers of votes. Also if there is a need for a voter we will know who hasn't voted.
Yeah normally the votes aren't anonymous but I made the mistake in making them so in round 1. Tried to stick to it to be consistent but I will make the finals public to light a fire under the voters.

Now that it's after noon I consider GKJ's ticket to the finals punched. Thank you to BruinDust and I hope to see you again next year.

Now if someone wants to break that HH/branimal tie, that would be lovely. I'll keep it open until midnight tonight and reassess then.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah normally the votes aren't anonymous but I made the mistake in making them so in round 1. Tried to stick to it to be consistent but I will make the finals public to light a fire under the voters.

Now that it's after noon I consider GKJ's ticket to the finals punched. Thank you to BruinDust and I hope to see you again next year.

Now if someone wants to break that HH/branimal tie, that would be lovely. I'll keep it open until midnight tonight and reassess then.

I enjoyed this again this year. I can't say going into it I would end up writing a 20+ page short story but as the draft went on and I got more ideas it just kinda snowballed. I love the creative process from this exercise and I don't get many chances to express any creativity otherwise so I this fun for me.

Good luck to the finalists and thanks to HH for putting this together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad