HF Wrestling Draft IX - Friday Apr 8th start - Discussion

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Once again it is that time of year when we all gear up for an annual show we all complain about. And with that, comes Spring. And with Spring, comes the HF All-Time Wrestling Draft. Using this thread to drum up interest and see if anyone is up for it again. Also up for any start date discussions.

Draft order will be posted Thursday, April 7th.
Draft will begin Friday, April 8th at 12pm noon EST.

PARTICIPANTS:

1. HandsomeHollywood
2. theedge9
3. GKJ
4. BruinDust
5. JackSlater
6. les Habs Apex Predator
7. CHGoalie27
8. Sheppy
9. Kaner9
10. Habsrule
11. Burkiemaniq
12. mcfclee
13. NextBigThing
14. Bondurant
15. branimal84
16. Natey

Links to Previous Drafts:

Rules:
1. One wrestler, all gimmicks. i.e If you pick Mick Foley, you get all of his gimmicks (Mankind, Dude Love, Cactus Jack, etc)

2. The goal is to make the best card possible with your roster and secure the most votes from others round-to-round.

3. This will be 25 rounds. If you want to complete your card with unpicked wrestlers, there will be a free agency phase. More rounds of the official draft will be added if the majority of GMs are still picking.
2022 amendment, with the slow pace and several skipped picks, the 2022 draft will be 20 rounds.

4. There will be a tournament to determine the winner.

5. You can pick a tag team but you have to forfeit your upcoming pick to do so. You must also use them as a team on your card. E.g. Two Man Power Trip (Stone Cold & HHH would have to be used together, not as singles wrestlers).
5. b) You may select a 3 man tag team provided they have been explicitly referred to as a 3-man tag team as per the classic 3 man team rule. To select a 3-man team, you must forfeit your subsequent two draft picks.

6. There will be an 8-hour limit for every pick. (clock stops between 12AM and 8AM EST). Picks can still be made when the clock is stopped if it is your turn, however the user after you does not have their clock start until the designated times.

7. Trades are allowed. Picks can be traded. Trades should be kept between two GMs at a time.

8. You must PM the poster after you once you've made your pick.
Note; tagging a GM after-the-fact in an edit does not send that GM a notification. A PM must be sent.

9. This is a snake draft.

10. Match types count as picks and they are limited

11. Celebrities who have been involved with wrestling are fair game. They must have appeared in wrestling. Only celebrities who have wrestled are eligible to be booked as wrestlers however. Otherwise they can be booked in non wrestling roles.
2022 amendment: fictional wrestlers are draft-eligible.

12. Gifs, YouTube clips or images of wrestlers drafted are allowed, but picks must include the typed out name of the wrestler chosen.

13. Do not mention undrafted wrestlers in the discussion threads until the tournament begins.

Example of Head-to-Head:

With all that out of the way, who's in?

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I am planning to come out of nowhere and give the people what they want as I politic my way to the main event at HFBoards Wrestling Draft IX.

WrestlingDraftIX.png

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Just a call from my old pal Jimmy Cornette telling me about this and begging me to join so there's a card that interests him. I guess I'm obliged.

I'm ready now (though all my old pages and pages of notes are gone), but I do have some work travel next Monday and possibly Tuesday that would get in the way of my making an actual pick. Apart from that I'm ready to go.
Sure, why not

Didn't even have to PM you.

Oh man, can I come up with ideas this year? That is the question.

Of course you can. Besides, at some point the picks come up with the ideas for you.

I am planning to come out of nowhere and give the people what they want as I politic my way to the main event at HFBoards Wrestling Draft IX.

View attachment 523482

No Thunder Lips? Meh.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just a call from my old pal Jimmy Cornette telling me about this and begging me to join so there's a card that interests him. I guess I'm obliged.

I'm ready now (though all my old pages and pages of notes are gone), but I do have some work travel next Monday and possibly Tuesday that would get in the way of my making an actual pick. Apart from that I'm ready to go.

Of course you can. Besides, at some point the picks come up with the ideas for you.

No Thunder Lips? Meh.
That is usually what happens, I don’t decide on anything until I have the people.

Reactions: theedge9

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

No Thunder Lips? Meh.
Thunder Lips doesn't come out until my love slave slinks back in to sign up for his yearly beating.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I forget to add, thanks to @HandsomeHollywood for doing this again and great to see everyone back.

That is usually what happens, I don’t decide on anything until I have the people.

LOL, I already have a new list started with 10 match ideas and about 15 ideas overall. Of course getting the guys is another story and at least half of my matches are always based on picks.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
Damn, that card I had last year. I think that's my favorite one I did. And of course there's a typo in, like, the first line.
I wonder if we'll face off for the 4th year in a row. I always love an excuse to dump on Pennsylvania!

Reactions: GKJ

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Here's a question to get a ruling on an idea I'm thinking of:

"11. Celebrities who have been involved with wrestling are fair game. They must have appeared in wrestling. Only celebrities who have wrestled are eligible to be booked as wrestlers however. Otherwise they can be booked in non wrestling roles."

Could I draft someone who has appeared on a wrestling TV show and/or movie? Like someone who played a wrestling-based character on a TV show or movie.

Reactions: Kaner9

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Due to previous issues, I think that there should be a rule that your pick post must contain the name of the wrestler you are selecting, typed out by the poster. Not just a video or a picture. Until the name is posted the pick is invalid and the draft progresses, or something along those lines. Also no going back and changing picks obviously other than to add a name if it was forgotten.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Considering the lack of trade activity I'd love to see picks being able to be traded, but in that and all things I'd say it's up to the commissioner @HandsomeHollywood .

Due to previous issues, I think that there should be a rule that your pick post must contain the name of the wrestler you are selecting, typed out by the poster. Not just a video or a picture. Until the name is posted the pick is invalid and the draft progresses, or something along those lines. Also no going back and changing picks obviously other than to add a name if it was forgotten.

I agree.

"11. Celebrities who have been involved with wrestling are fair game. They must have appeared in wrestling. Only celebrities who have wrestled are eligible to be booked as wrestlers however. Otherwise they can be booked in non wrestling roles."

Could I draft someone who has appeared on a wrestling TV show and/or movie? Like someone who played a wrestling-based character on a TV show or movie.

I don't really care, but I was going to draft one of us once because they'd actually attended a wrestling show and I was told I wasn't allowed.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Considering the lack of trade activity I'd love to see picks being able to be traded, but in that and all things I'd say it's up to the commissioner @HandsomeHollywood .

I agree.

I don't really care, but I was going to draft one of us once because they'd actually attended a wrestling show and I was told I wasn't allowed.
I might be open to trades this year, having shot down any offers before. Winds of change. No opinion on picks being traded other than that it might cause mild confusion.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017

My initial thought is no, but I feel like this has been brought up before. I'll have to go back and check previous drafts/PMs and will decide.

Reactions: GKJ and Sheppy

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I’m in again.

Any idea on ETA of the start date though? I’ll be on vacation at Disney World April 20-28. I’ll have internet but won’t be the most active. Although the lines are pretty long so I am sure I’ll have downtime to win this :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad