HF Official Devils '17-18 Ticket/All Things Pru Center Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
get all these harassing calls on her cell phone about ticket plans and whatnot, but people who place actual orders for ticket plans are being ignored.

I'm getting.....no hyperbole.... 2 to 3 calls from the Devils per week.

Maybe they'll stop if I actually answer one, but.....wow. I'd be happy with a dash of being ignored.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
When you sign up for all these contests they run they put your information into their CRM system as a prospect or lead. I am assuming they don't do a scrub or audit of their CRM system as often as they should and there are many names that appear multiple times in different sales rep's cold calling queue.

I just ignore most of the random phone calls I get to my cell these days. I get about 1-2 calls a week from Devils reps and I just don't pick up. It's not a huge deal and these are fresh out of college kids at their first job making cold calls all day.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
I got another call from a rep. She put me on hold so I could listen 76ers highlights. Christ haha

Seeing 76ers and the word 'highlights' in the same sentence :laugh:

That papa johns promo a few years ago still amuses me. "Sixers win, you win" = 50% off order the next day. Well we kind of know how that all went. They had to lower the promo to...look, if the team will just score 90 points, you win...50% off order. Needless to say, even the revised promo was scarcely taken advantage of. The bar was set much higher for the Flyers, I think they had to not only win but also score at least 3 goals for the promo to kick in.

On reps...I liked my female rep a lot from several years back but sadly she moved on. She was so attentive, pleasant too. I had a different fella the past couple years, somewhat meh kinda vibe but to be fair, still responsive. He's among the reps that moved on (or up) recently.

A couple weeks ago I was moved to an existing rep and he's great so far. Seems knowledgeable about the team too, as if possibly an actual fan and not just going through the motions. I don't recall any random calls from reps or salesmen, just the occasional emails from my rep or the Devils main marketing folks.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I'm getting.....no hyperbole.... 2 to 3 calls from the Devils per week.

Maybe they'll stop if I actually answer one, but.....wow. I'd be happy with a dash of being ignored.

That's what my mom has been getting. At first, she tried to be polite, saying things like, "Thanks for the call, but I'll be sure to contact you if I want to buy any. No need to call me." Now she just tries not to pick up. Yikes.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
I spoke to soon

Went from one rep to another a couple weeks ago and now I just found out he's moved on as well

So apparently in the next few weeks I'll be getting another new rep

Guess there's been some upheaval with this whole sixers/devils business combination during the offseason

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I spoke to soon

Went from one rep to another a couple weeks ago and now I just found out he's moved on as well

So apparently in the next few weeks I'll be getting another new rep

Guess there's been some upheaval with this whole sixers/devils business combination during the offseason

Was your rep Kevin (Ken) Smith? I saw him at the Anchor golf BBQ but now he's not even listed on the staff directory. FWIW, at least for my STH level there are only 5 member service account managers listed. Mine is still there.

FWIW, there are more group sales account executives than service account managers and a BOAT LOAD of sales associates.

Definitely appears to be a circus right now.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Was your rep Kevin (Ken) Smith? I saw him at the Anchor golf BBQ but now he's not even listed on the staff directory. FWIW, at least for my STH level there are only 5 member service account managers listed. Mine is still there.

FWIW, there are more group sales account executives than service account managers and a BOAT LOAD of sales associates.

Yep Ken was my rep. Then for a week or two here it was Marc. Next rep up within 3 weeks.

In the meantime though an executive offered to handle anything I need, thankfully there's not much do right now anyway.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ

Yep Ken was my rep. Then for a week or two here it was Marc. Next rep up within 3 weeks.

In the meantime though an executive offered to handle anything I need, thankfully there's not much do right now anyway.

So Marc is leaving also? He's been my rep the past 2 years. I haven't heard anything about this. I did send an e-mail to him today and didn't receive back any reply which is unusual. It would be nice if the Devils would reach out to people and let them know.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Yeah Marc seemed great during my short time with him...not sure if he's moving up, over, or out.

Maybe call his # tomorrow see who picks up I guess

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Are most NY metro stadiums/arenas now at $5 per bottled water?

Sounds relatively accurate, but the outdoor stadiums allow for water to be brought inside (Metlife, Yankee, Citi, Red Bulls) so whether you bring one from home/the tailgate or buy one outside for a buck, no reason to spend $$ inside on water.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
Ticketmaster shows the season tix presale for Monday morning. Anyone heard anything?

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Went to the Beach Bash today. It was HOT. Had a good time and the players who were there were very accommodating given they were signing and picture taking in the sun. One thing that was blatantly obvious was there were NO recognizable faces of employees which leads to .....

One thing I heard from more than one STH - there was a virtual bloodbath of sales and accounts reps this past Tuesday. I've been unable to reach my rep Marc and it's my understanding Marissa DiCosmo was let go also, among others. It's apparent the owners and management at the very top have an agenda to turn this into a complete ****-show and screw any relations between STH and the organization other than locking you up and making sure you pay your bill. It would be nice if someone from the organization would reach out to us and at least acknowledge the changes.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Went to the Beach Bash today. It was HOT. Had a good time and the players who were there were very accommodating given they were signing and picture taking in the sun. One thing that was blatantly obvious was there were NO recognizable faces of employees which leads to .....

One thing I heard from more than one STH - there was a virtual bloodbath of sales and accounts reps this past Tuesday. I've been unable to reach my rep Marc and it's my understanding Marissa DiCosmo was let go also, among others. It's apparent the owners and management at the very top have an agenda to turn this into a complete ****-show and screw any relations between STH and the organization other than locking you up and making sure you pay your bill. It would be nice if someone from the organization would reach out to us and at least acknowledge the changes.

I have to roll my eyes when you claim they're trying to make it a **** show. Is it one now? By many accounts, sure, although I haven't experience any issues and my buddy in group sales still has his job despite being based in northern NJ.

But it's a transition as they consolidate sales teams. They absolutely have work to do in order to make it more seamless but I'm confident Scott O'Neil, a highly respected guy who started as a ticket sales rep, will eventually get things in order. To insinuate they are sabotaging themselves is a joke. And consolidating their sales orgs into one makes perfect financial sense, though as I said, they need to work to make it seamless because I can agree that the issues njdevil26 reported are really bad.

It's still a very recent change. At least give it a month or 2 before trying to tell us that ownership is actually trying to destroy their business... Josh Harris didn't make a fortune turn money-losing companies into successful ones by purposely wrecking relationships...

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
I have to roll my eyes when you claim they're trying to make it a **** show. Is it one now? By many accounts, sure, although I haven't experience any issues and my buddy in group sales still has his job despite being based in northern NJ.

But it's a transition as they consolidate sales teams. They absolutely have work to do in order to make it more seamless but I'm confident Scott O'Neil, a highly respected guy who started as a ticket sales rep, will eventually get things in order. To insinuate they are sabotaging themselves is a joke. And consolidating their sales orgs into one makes perfect financial sense, though as I said, they need to work to make it seamless because I can agree that the issues njdevil26 reported are really bad.

It's still a very recent change. At least give it a month or 2 before trying to tell us that ownership is actually trying to destroy their business... Josh Harris didn't make a fortune turn money-losing companies into successful ones by purposely wrecking relationships...

based on past instances it sounds like from some if not many more people that they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt. i have my issues with how sth have been handled the last few years where it seems like when they do 1 good thing somehow they mess up the next 2 things. they could do a lot more without much effort in terms of actually attempting to know what fans want and expect. from what i've seen they don't really care and do what they want which is fine and their right but now they don't get the benefit of the doubt.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Consolidating the sales staff is not a positive move. The Islanders and Nets have the same sales staff and my experience in dealing with them for client entertainment has been mediocre at best. A consolidated sales staff will be trained to act like robots, get the sale and move on to the next one. The quality of service we receive as STH will drop because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad